#SellBeforeWeDai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group

2684 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: “ Sell before we Dai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group v2.3 sponsored by Dunlop Tennis Balls

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Oct 2023 12:21

From Despair To Where? I wouldn't say it's useless but all it is is a snapshot at a specific time. What's really needed is ongoing regulation and annual renewal of league membership based on passing certain criteria.

To me, it's a similar situation to VAR. It's a tool but it's not used properly

Yeah, this. It's deeply flawed as an approach. But most of the common criticism is that it doesn't do stuff it isn’t there to do.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

Re: “ Sell before we Dai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group v2.3 sponsored by Dunlop Tennis Balls

by From Despair To Where? » 15 Oct 2023 13:12

Its basically like a credit check to approve a mortgage.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 15 Oct 2023 16:17

RoyalBlue
maffff I'll hold my hands up, I didn't catch that when proofreading the draft.

Entirely on me. It's a shame but it happens.

Actually, being a pedant, I think you can get away with it, since you didn't capitalise that phrase, ergo not a proper noun (name).

The EFL's 'Owners' and Directors' Test' is in essence a fit and proper owners' test and IMO can be referred to as such.

That's very kind - either way though it's absolutely butchered and not the standards I hold myself to.

That's what working at pace and reviewing things when tired does :?

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 16 Oct 2023 14:47

What has SBWD done and achieved so far?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 16 Oct 2023 16:48

Loafer What has SBWD done and achieved so far?

Boosted the share price for Dunlop?

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 16 Oct 2023 16:53

From Despair To Where? The term "fit and proper person" is an absolute nonsense.

didn't the F&PPT get replaced many years ago though?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 16 Oct 2023 17:21

Winston Biscuit
From Despair To Where? The term "fit and proper person" is an absolute nonsense.

I know but I'm more irked by the number of people who think that it's some sort of Mystic Meg crystal ball that can foretell an owner going rogue 3 years before it happens.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 16 Oct 2023 17:22

From Despair To Where?
Winston Biscuit

I know but I'm more irked by the number of people who think that it's some sort of Mystic Meg crystal ball that can foretell an owner going rogue 3 years before it happens.

amen brother.

maybe HNA needs a fit a proper person test before usernames are dished out

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Oct 2023 18:46

Winston Biscuit
From Despair To Where?
Winston Biscuit

amen brother.

We'd need to replace Forbes first.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 16 Oct 2023 18:54

Snowflake Royal
Winston Biscuit
From Despair To Where?

amen brother.

Sell Before We Forbes

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 16 Oct 2023 23:23

From Despair To Where?
Winston Biscuit

Mystic Meg would have probably raised a red flag with the proven fact that the Premierships fit and proper test flagged up that they prevented him from buying a premiership club after shuttering two other clubs.
Read the EFL's website on the work they have done to bring their ownership guidance closer to the levels of the Premier league.
And then say to your self, Bolloks , should not have happened. full stop.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 16 Oct 2023 23:42

Pretty sure the Premier League flagged up an issue with someone else within the consortium who subsequently was not involved in buying us and the other 2 clubs folded after he'd bought us so that would have had absolutely zero influence on any test to buy us.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 17 Oct 2023 11:22

Wondering what the route will be for the march and if will be instructed to stick to the pavements, I`m assuming Southampton st and Basingstoke rd.
In 83 it was down the middle of Oxford rd.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 17 Oct 2023 11:25

72 bus
From Despair To Where?
Winston Biscuit

Mystic Meg would have probably raised a red flag with the proven fact that the Premierships fit and proper test flagged up that they prevented him from buying a premiership club after shuttering two other clubs.
Read the EFL's website on the work they have done to bring their ownership guidance closer to the levels of the Premier league.
And then say to your self, Bolloks , should not have happened. full stop.

The EFL had clearly placed a deposit on a crystal ball at the time they approved Dai's purchase. It's just a shame they didn't use it enough!

"The EFL can confirm that they have no objections to the change of control application made by Reading Football Club," a statement issued on Wednesday morning read.

"Following a full review of the transaction, the EFL has insisted upon - and the club/new owners have agreed to - a number of additional reporting requirements including enhanced financial monitoring, so as to ensure that their performance is consistent with the application we have considered.

"We would like to wish the new majority shareholders Mr Yongge Dai and Miss Xui Li Dai the very best of luck in their future endeavours with the club."

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 17 Oct 2023 13:05

Winston Biscuit
Snowflake Royal
Winston Biscuit
amen brother.

Sell Before We Forbes

Sell BeForbes?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Oct 2023 17:42

Thinking perhaps next, fans should choose a home game and agree to boycott it.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 21 Oct 2023 20:46

Sutekh Thinking perhaps next, fans should choose a home game and agree to boycott it.

Not sure this is going to help, the youngsters in the side need support.

The answer is direct disruptive action before, during and after games. I don't mean tennis balls either.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Oct 2023 22:34

NathStPaul
Sutekh Thinking perhaps next, fans should choose a home game and agree to boycott it.

The answer is direct disruptive action before, during and after games. I don't mean tennis balls either.

Disruption during the game certainly hasn't been giving the youngsters in the side the support they need.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 22 Oct 2023 13:51

Snowflake Royal
NathStPaul

Disruption during the game certainly hasn't been giving the youngsters in the side the support they need.

But it gets more attention than 60% of fans deciding to boycott a home fixture

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 22 Oct 2023 16:01

Royal_jimmy
Snowflake Royal
NathStPaul Not sure this is going to help, the youngsters in the side need support.

But it gets more attention than 60% of fans deciding to boycott a home fixture

It's been done now. Unless it massively ramps up in scale, it'll just be noticed as "Reading fans doing the tennis ball thing again" and nobody will care.

2684 posts