Kitson signs for Stoke for £5.5 million

956 posts
Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Kitson signs for Stoke for £5.5 million

by Wycombe Royal » 20 Jul 2008 09:19

papereyes
Wycombe Royal
papereyes I just watched his interview at Stoke and I can see the point of DG saying "he wanted to be in the Premiership" but, as ever, he's clear, eloquent and makes reasonable points in a reasonable manner.

Whereas I thought he just came out with the same old cliched stuff that footballers joining a new club say.

That's nice.

Why be patronising? Don't you like comments that disagree with yours?

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 20 Jul 2008 09:25

Torn Kitson admitted to Sky Sports: "Reading are a club that I would have hoped to finish my career with.

"I just wanted them to be in the Premier League so badly and I was distraught when we go relegated.

Adding that he probably wouldn't have moved for anything short of guaranteed first-team action, he explained: "If you say you want to play Premier League football, then go to a team and sit on their bench, I think that is hugely disrespectful."

Billy The Fish

by Billy The Fish » 20 Jul 2008 11:35

Sarah Star Torn Kitson admitted to Sky Sports: "Reading are a club that I would have hoped to finish my career with.

Perhaps this could be the final entry in the Paul Kitson (Media don't like us /can't spell) thread...
:wink:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 20 Jul 2008 12:25

PremAddict Good bit of business - sad to see him leave, but the team has to move on. When Wenger states that Arsenal are a selling club, what right have we to expect anything more? I'm looking forward to seeing more of the academy players get a run. This is the season when everything gets really real.

Difference is Arsenal are capable of producing some real talent from their academy.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 20 Jul 2008 12:28

Wycombe Royal Why be patronising? Don't you like comments that disagree with yours?

No, not really.

Starfish
Hob Nob Regular

by Starfish » 20 Jul 2008 12:38

papereyes
Wycombe Royal Why be patronising? Don't you like comments that disagree with yours?

No, not really.

Yes you do.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 20 Jul 2008 12:40

The ones that make me feel dirty? Those? Those I like.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Jul 2008 14:57

Sarah Star Torn Kitson admitted to Sky Sports: "Reading are a club that I would have hoped to finish my career with.

"I just wanted them to be in the Premier League so badly and I was distraught when we go relegated.

Adding that he probably wouldn't have moved for anything short of guaranteed first-team action, he explained: "If you say you want to play Premier League football, then go to a team and sit on their bench, I think that is hugely disrespectful."

It's nice of him to say that and stacks up sensibly with everything else he's said over the last few years with us.

I guess as I said in another thread, he has eiether seen enough at Stoke to think they have what it takes, or that he can do will enough to be picked up by a bigger more secure club and get first team football there, after another prem season.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 20 Jul 2008 20:33

Ian Royal

It's nice of him to say that and stacks up sensibly with everything else he's said over the last few years with us.

I guess as I said in another thread, he has eiether seen enough at Stoke to think they have what it takes, or that he can do will enough to be picked up by a bigger more secure club and get first team football there, after another prem season.

I think the lure is Premiership wages. He is 28 years old now and has realstically 2 decent contracts left in his career. He will be on a fair ammount at Stoke and certainly more than were paying him. Despitehis media outbursts, he knows he need to make his money so it is a decent move for him.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Jul 2008 20:36

True, but he is also more than capable of earning a living after football and I'd be surprised if he hasn't already squirrelled a lot away and have a plan for life after footie.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 20 Jul 2008 20:38

Ian Royal True, but he is also more than capable of earning a living after football and I'd be surprised if he hasn't already squirrelled a lot away and have a plan for life after footie.

Is he going to apply for his old job a Sainsburys again?

He probably does have plans for life after football, but he will want to make as much as possible while he can to make it more comfortable for him when he does call it a day.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Jul 2008 20:41

I think shelf stacking at a super market is probably a little below where Kitson is aiming. Any moron can do that, just because like many young people he did it for a while doesn't mean that he'll go on to something like that.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 20 Jul 2008 20:42

Kitson is a good player...Players move on...End of...

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Jul 2008 20:43

rg6royal Kitson is a good player...Players move on...End of...

you must have some fantastically interesting debates.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 20 Jul 2008 20:44

Ian Royal I think shelf stacking at a super market is probably a little below where Kitson is aiming. Any moron can do that, just because like many young people he did it for a while doesn't mean that he'll go on to something like that.

Chances are he will have to train to do something different....just like Scot Taylor trained to be an Elctrician, but regardless of that, he will he will try and milk his career for all he can get. He is realistic to know he will never play for a really big club, so he will get as much cash as he can, while he can

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Jul 2008 20:47

I think it is more important to him that he plays regurlarly, although obviously the money is a big factor.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 20 Jul 2008 20:50

Ian Royal I think it is more important to him that he plays regurlarly, although obviously the money is a big factor.

Er....then why did he decide to sign for Stoke and not stay with us?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Jul 2008 20:57

Because he'll play regularly at a higher level and get more money?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 20 Jul 2008 21:34

:| So it wasn't more important to him to be playing regularly then?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Jul 2008 21:45

Royal Lady :| So it wasn't more important to him to be playing regularly then?

Oh come on, I haven't said anything that complicated have I!?

He would have played regularly here. He'll play regularly there. SO he goes for the more money and a higher level.

I didn't say money wasn't important at all. I didn't realise I had to spell things out in short sentences and words of one syllable.

956 posts