Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Buyout

by Victor Meldrew » 13 Dec 2013 20:07

winchester_royal ^Yep ta for that Zac, exactly what I've been trying to say. Anton has always said it would be a continuation of what went on before, RFC would be run with business principles, but with perhaps a little more ambition. As far as I can tell, that is exactly what has gone on so far. Yes the summer window wasn't what we hoped it would be, but if you look at the deadwood we have in the squad on big money, it's hardly surprising that we weren't willing to hand out plenty more 30k a week contracts.

There may well be issues regarding the full takeover, but for now the club is running at a higher cost, and with more ambition, than it ever has done before. Quite what people find cause to worry/moan/strop about is lost on me.

More ambition?
This is a very easy word to say but a very difficult thing to fulfil.
Just because Anton and JM have used the word a lot in recent years doesn't mean that the club is genuinely ambitious-it just means that they have used the word a lot and (possibly in your naivety) you believe them.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 13 Dec 2013 21:40

Not all that long ago talk of state of the art training ground and cat 1 academy would have been deemed very ambitious. Football fans will never be happy. If this club finished in the top 10 of the Premier League for 5 years running, we'd still hear moaning and a call for a manager change because we should be doing better (ala Charlton), and they ended up in League 1 for the change they called for..

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 13 Dec 2013 22:07

Nothing any of us can do. But it does potentially impact on us in the future as fans in terms of the football we end up paying to watch.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 14 Dec 2013 12:17

SPARTA Not all that long ago talk of state of the art training ground and cat 1 academy would have been deemed very ambitious. Football fans will never be happy. If this club finished in the top 10 of the Premier League for 5 years running, we'd still hear moaning and a call for a manager change because we should be doing better (ala Charlton), and they ended up in League 1 for the change they called for..

Would love the chance to moan about finishing there for 5 years on the trot-we have had 2 very good chances to fulfil ambition and stay in the Premier League but twice quickly threw away the opportunity as readily as you would a used condom.

URZZZZZ

by URZZZZZ » 14 Dec 2013 15:23

Can we get another 55 replies to make it to 1000 plz

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 14 Dec 2013 18:44

It was good to hear BBCRB acknowledge the 'rumours'. Micky Gooding said that if we fail to sign Sharp perm in Jan then that would confirm there are problems financially. I think that's fair, especially when Sharp confirmed he wanted to stay and get settled. They probably have to be careful what they say so as not to upset the club, but Dellor later mentioned that he hoped the club would secure a new owner soon, or see Anton return... perhaps another tit bit of what he has heard 'rumoured'.

yuuichi

by yuuichi » 14 Dec 2013 20:31

I'm beginning to believe that we have to get promoted this season, or we're fucked.

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 15 Dec 2013 10:37

SPARTA It was good to hear BBCRB acknowledge the 'rumours'. Micky Gooding said that if we fail to sign Sharp perm in Jan then that would confirm there are problems financially. I think that's fair, especially when Sharp confirmed he wanted to stay and get settled. They probably have to be careful what they say so as not to upset the club, but Dellor later mentioned that he hoped the club would secure a new owner soon, or see Anton return... perhaps another tit bit of what he has heard 'rumoured'.

Dellor said that?

FWIW i would take Sharp on loan for the rest of the season, he's not good enough for the prem so would be wasted wages if we go up.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 15 Dec 2013 18:19

Lacoste
SPARTA It was good to hear BBCRB acknowledge the 'rumours'. Micky Gooding said that if we fail to sign Sharp perm in Jan then that would confirm there are problems financially. I think that's fair, especially when Sharp confirmed he wanted to stay and get settled. They probably have to be careful what they say so as not to upset the club, but Dellor later mentioned that he hoped the club would secure a new owner soon, or see Anton return... perhaps another tit bit of what he has heard 'rumoured'.

Dellor said that?

FWIW i would take Sharp on loan for the rest of the season, he's not good enough for the prem so would be wasted wages if we go up.

Wouldn't really matter Lacoste, even if we did go up, unless we are prepared to invest heavily, we'll be straight back down. :wink:

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 16 Dec 2013 10:31

Each season in the prem we spent more than our income. Both times we were told there was more money if the manager needed it. Then magically we get relegated to find there wasn't really a huge wad after all.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 16 Dec 2013 10:33

Royal Lady Wouldn't really matter Lacoste, even if we did go up, unless we are prepared to invest heavily, we'll be straight back down. :wink:

Rather our way than the QPR way

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 16 Dec 2013 10:43

Harpers So Solid Crew Each season in the prem we spent more than our income. Both times we were told there was more money if the manager needed it. Then magically we get relegated to find there wasn't really a huge wad after all.

We spent more than our income? Including parachute payments and TV money? Blimey.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 16 Dec 2013 13:02

Royal Lady
Harpers So Solid Crew Each season in the prem we spent more than our income. Both times we were told there was more money if the manager needed it. Then magically we get relegated to find there wasn't really a huge wad after all.

We spent more than our income? Including parachute payments and TV money? Blimey.

Players wages, players wages, players wages. Hope Akpan is on £600 billion a day. Players wages.

Players wages. They weren't free, they were players wages, players wages. Bridge players wages. Drenthe players wages.

Players.

Wages.

Why didn't we signPLAYERS WAGES.
But they said we would bring inPLAYERS WAGES.
We only spentPLAYERS WAGES.
We need a newPLAYERS WAGES.
And a creativePLAYERS WAGES.

PLAAAAYYYERRS.

WAAAAAAY.

JIIIIIZZZZZZZZ.

Players wages.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 16 Dec 2013 13:33

Royal Lady

I dont get your reply there.

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 16 Dec 2013 14:02

Extended-Phenotype
Royal Lady

Players wages, players wages, players wages. Hope Akpan is on £600 billion a day. Players wages.

Players wages. They weren't free, they were players wages, players wages. Bridge players wages. Drenthe players wages.

Players.

Wages.

Why didn't we signPLAYERS WAGES.
But they said we would bring inPLAYERS WAGES.
We only spentPLAYERS WAGES.
We need a newPLAYERS WAGES.
And a creativePLAYERS WAGES.

PLAAAAYYYERRS.

WAAAAAAY.

JIIIIIZZZZZZZZ.

Players wages.

What about the white programme seller booths???

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 16 Dec 2013 14:23

Harpers So Solid Crew
Royal Lady
Harpers So Solid Crew Each season in the prem we spent more than our income.

I dont get your reply there.

Premier League TV money etc and you still think we spent more than came in? I'd like some of what you've been drinking.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 16 Dec 2013 14:34

I thought that the accounts posted on here a few years ago showed exactly that. Which is why we had a back hole to fill on relegation.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 16 Dec 2013 14:41

It did.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 16 Dec 2013 17:09

Bloody players, it was much more sensible in the 1950s with players on a maximum of £10 a week during the season. Everyone knew where they stood and grass wasn't greener somewhere else (thus Tom Finney playing in Division 3 for Notts County while still turning out for England)

The sooner they get back to £10 a week the sooner the game and clubs will be better off... :wink:

JIM

by JIM » 16 Dec 2013 17:41

You forgot to add £2 bonus win £1 bonus draw , oh the good old days before JIMMY BLOODY HILL (fulham chinless wonder) :cry:

8684 posts