SIGNED - Pavel Pogrebnyak

1333 posts
bennno

Re: RUMOUR - Pavel Pogrebnyak

by bennno » 27 Jun 2012 07:41

This is still in balance and could still go either way, for reasons that are nothing to do with terms / work permit or visa.

RFCSPACE

by RFCSPACE » 27 Jun 2012 08:01

The Pog contingent on us signing the Sig? Maybe he needs reassurances that we will get more players before taking the plunge.

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 27 Jun 2012 08:01

bennno This is still in balance and could still go either way, for reasons that are nothing to do with terms / work permit or visa.

Another club then?

themadstad

by themadstad » 27 Jun 2012 08:09

RFCSPACE The Pog contingent on us signing the Sig? Maybe he needs reassurances that we will get more players before taking the plunge.

Us signing Sig, LOL. It'll be something else either another club or maybe a slight complication with medical perhaps. Maybe some other issue related to the dealings around signing on fee etc.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 27 Jun 2012 08:33

bigmike
NattMiles paint the new kit on her :wink:

Maybe they could run a competition to win the rights to do the painting??? Or maybe they could charge £15 to have your photo taken with her :lol:

Mounted?

Or just holding hands?

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 27 Jun 2012 08:41

Mr Angry
bigmike
NattMiles paint the new kit on her :wink:

Maybe they could run a competition to win the rights to do the painting??? Or maybe they could charge £15 to have your photo taken with her :lol:

Mounted?

Or just holding hands?

Mounted now theres an idea :wink:

Blakey's Right Peg

by Blakey's Right Peg » 27 Jun 2012 09:45

What's the deal on Pog's work permit anyway? ITK's suggesting it's already through while Fordham claiming the hearing is next week.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 27 Jun 2012 09:47

Blakey's Right Peg What's the deal on Pog's work permit anyway? ITK's suggesting it's already through while Fordham claiming the hearing is next week.

It's a procedural thing to do with any signing that comes from anyone who's not an EU citizen. The UK authorities have to go through the same rubber stamping that they do with any migrant worker. Just because it's a footballer doesn't mean it'll get rushed through, especially when there's no need to rush it through.

Blakey's Right Peg

by Blakey's Right Peg » 27 Jun 2012 09:49

I know, there just seems to be another ITK/Fordham divide on this.

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 27 Jun 2012 10:09

So the work permit meeting is proposed to be next week. :|

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 27 Jun 2012 10:39

I am thinking this is just a rubber stamping exercise. I am sure it said somewhere else in this thread that the WP is issued for the length of the contract or something, hence it was easier and quicker for Fulham to get a six month one rather than ours for four years. I am also like others thinking the unveiling is being slowed so that Pog can be pictured holding the new shirt, enhancing opportunities to sell them and the large number of letters that go on the back!

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 27 Jun 2012 11:05

We sponsored the work permit application, so if that has been granted what happens if Pog decides to go somewhere else? Presumably UKBA (or FCO) will take a pretty dim view of processing another application sponsored by someone else?

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 27 Jun 2012 11:10

As far as the Work Permit is concerned, you've got to remember that half the World will be applying for Visas to come here for the Olympics. If it's taking longer than normal, the fact that UKBA are swamped with applications would account for it.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 27 Jun 2012 11:16

They wouldnt as they wouldnt be getting paid by the UK for participation in events, they would be paid by there individual nations, with prize money handed out not by the UK, but by an International board

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 27 Jun 2012 11:22

I'm assuming that UKBA handle Work Permits as well as Entry Visas. It's not the athletes that will be causing the backlog, but the visas for spectators who want to expeience the enhanced travel chaos, exhorbitant accommodation prices and choking congestion that the London Olympics will bring.

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 27 Jun 2012 11:27

Hampshire Royal I'm assuming that UKBA handle Work Permits as well as Entry Visas. It's not the athletes that will be causing the backlog, but the visas for spectators who want to expeience the enhanced travel chaos, exhorbitant accommodation prices and choking congestion that the London Olympics will bring.

Again I am sure I read somewhere that applications made during the January transfer window particularly go through on the hurry up as the season is in progress, whereas applications in the close season are a bit slower as there is, as such, no great hurry to get it through.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Jun 2012 11:47

Yorkshire Royal
Ian Royal No, sensible ones based on something are welcome for consideration.

Let's just wait and see shall we?

That wasn't aimed at you btw.

Blakey's Right Peg

by Blakey's Right Peg » 27 Jun 2012 12:11

bennno This is still in balance and could still go either way, for reasons that are nothing to do with terms / work permit or visa.

A few people suggesting this.

Anyone care to elaborate further or is everyone just on a hunch, unable to sit tight and accept that some deals take longer than others to complete?

Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

by Dare to Dr£am » 27 Jun 2012 12:18

Various people worth listening to say the visa came through yesterday.

It's got to be the medical. I really can't see it being anything else.

Has he had any bad injuries in Germany or England?

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 27 Jun 2012 12:44

I still reckon the kit could be an influence here. Rumours circulated umpteen pages back that he had been pictured with a new shirt. As the new kit has not been released yet, I reckon it will be a double reveal, or even treble if we are lucky!!!

1333 posts