How Long Will BM Last at this rate?????

3209 posts
winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

Re: How Long Will BM Last at this rate?????

by winchester_royal » 14 Nov 2012 15:47

Lacoste
winchester_royal Hi, Bring Back The SB :!:

Hi - oh and everyone knows iI used to be BBTSB.

Gosh, how embarrassing for me

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 14 Nov 2012 15:55

Lacoste
Once were Biscuitmen
Lacoste Oh, and 2-3 players in key areas in Jan and a new style of play and we could easly start to pick up victories in this league.

Those saying there's no point sacking Mcd because no manager could play any different with this crop of players are speaking Bullshit TBH and may aswll just sit back and wait to be relegated. I would still give the guy the Everton game though to see if he's learnt anything.

Yet there are worse things in footballing life than being relegated from the Premiership.

Like say sacking a more than competent manager with a strong record of getting out of the championship, mucking up the replacement, and then realising that perhaps there are also worse things than being a yo-yo team. <cough> Wolves.

Staying in the Premiership is a reasonably long shot for promoted teams not doping on debt. Incremental growth with stability of management has thankfully been the Reading way, if that means there are a few relegations and promotion parties along the way I would take that over disloyalty, cheating via debt, and even finishing lower mid table in the Premiership every year.

You also patently have no idea how much money there was to spend in the summer, nobody on here does. If you do I’d love to know the figure and your source. ‘Everybody knows’ and ‘other random moany poster’ are not sources.

I don't have a figure, as there wasn't an actual exact figure. My source is my brother in law who is a senior figure at London Irish and has regular meetings with Nigel Howe. He has told me a few things which have prettuy much mirrored what other people who have contacts at the club have said.

My Brother in law has no reason to lie and neither do I

Nigel Howe is quite the gossiper isn't he?

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 14 Nov 2012 17:00

Extended-Phenotype
melonhead not really-seems quite pertinent. it says to me that its not actually money spent that is key to performamnce/achievment
west ham and saints spent more than us last year, and we beat them to the championship

regardless of how much money we have to pend, or how much you want us to spend- the fact remains you cannot get a whole new team in in the summer and hope to be succesful. see QPR again.
and you arent going to attract proven quality prmiere league players to reading no matter what you offer.

its about slow and steady evolution. if that means we go down and take the parachute payments, and get back up again in a year or so. so be it.

Is your argument: "we have a better squad because we spend less money"?

Surely if Reading are as good as they are without spending as much, we'd be better still by spending a bit more on players we need?

Anti-money arguments just don't work.

:lol: :roll:
no. im simply saying that it doesnt always help either
and buying a whole new team in a summer window is an awful idea

gradual slow evolution and imrovement is that is required, and how we have achieved what we have in the greatest perid of our clubs history
thats how you grow a club sustainably. and im glad thats how we do it.
like i said, if it means we go down because we didnt go out and spend 30 million on a new team of premiere league failures
unproven foreign wonderkids,& hugely overpriced but still unproven championship players(jay rodriguez)
(which is th elevel of player we would be able to attract to a 1st year prem nobody)
then im happy with that

i understand you are not. thats fine. im not calling you a retard, or a moron, or an imbecile for stating what you believe and what you want. im just stating what i believe, and what i want

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 14 Nov 2012 17:02

Lacoste
Once were Biscuitmen
Lacoste Oh, and 2-3 players in key areas in Jan and a new style of play and we could easly start to pick up victories in this league.

Those saying there's no point sacking Mcd because no manager could play any different with this crop of players are speaking Bullshit TBH and may aswll just sit back and wait to be relegated. I would still give the guy the Everton game though to see if he's learnt anything.

Yet there are worse things in footballing life than being relegated from the Premiership.

Like say sacking a more than competent manager with a strong record of getting out of the championship, mucking up the replacement, and then realising that perhaps there are also worse things than being a yo-yo team. <cough> Wolves.

Staying in the Premiership is a reasonably long shot for promoted teams not doping on debt. Incremental growth with stability of management has thankfully been the Reading way, if that means there are a few relegations and promotion parties along the way I would take that over disloyalty, cheating via debt, and even finishing lower mid table in the Premiership every year.

You also patently have no idea how much money there was to spend in the summer, nobody on here does. If you do I’d love to know the figure and your source. ‘Everybody knows’ and ‘other random moany poster’ are not sources.

I don't have a figure, as there wasn't an actual exact figure. My source is my brother in law who is a senior figure at London Irish and has regular meetings with Nigel Howe. He has told me a few things which have prettuy much mirrored what other people who have contacts at the club have said.

My Brother in law has no reason to lie and neither do I

the ammount of blabbing that nigel howe does, according to people on here using him as a heresay source, sems unimaginably high
he must spend almost his entire time leaking info to randoms.
its a wonder he has stayed in his position so long

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Nov 2012 17:04

winchester_royal
Lacoste
winchester_royal Hi, Bring Back The SB :!:

Hi - oh and everyone knows iI used to be BBTSB.

Gosh, how embarrassing for me

Don't worry, I hadn't worked out which cretin / WUM he was either. Didn't really think it mattered.

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 14 Nov 2012 17:09

How am I a WUM?

Grow up.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Nov 2012 17:21

Lacoste How am I a WUM?

Grow up.

One or t'other, you pick.

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 14 Nov 2012 17:30

Ian Royal
Lacoste How am I a WUM?

Grow up.

One or t'other, you pick.

:roll: This is a football discussion board. Lets stay on subject and keep childish bickering out of it.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 14 Nov 2012 17:37

no

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 14 Nov 2012 17:47

ZacNaloen We should be able to afford better players now, the argument about taking a risk on Zaha... is the same argument we used to make about taking risks on players for 250k

We can afford a better calibre of risk now. And we should be taking it. Zaha never had much of a risk anyway.*

*Which is why we had no chance of getting him anyway

This. Im not sure why we didnt take the "risk" of buying zaha this summer. After this season he is going to be inflated even more now.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 14 Nov 2012 17:50

couldnt afford to spend 6-10+ million on any one player since we required to spread our investment around the team a little bit

thats not to say he wasnt/isnt/wont be worth 6-10 million
just that once it became clear that they were trying to price him out of a move, we moved on to other priorities

and rightly so.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 14 Nov 2012 17:50

USA_Loyal_Royal
ZacNaloen We should be able to afford better players now, the argument about taking a risk on Zaha... is the same argument we used to make about taking risks on players for 250k

We can afford a better calibre of risk now. And we should be taking it. Zaha never had much of a risk anyway.*

*Which is why we had no chance of getting him anyway

This. Im not sure why we didnt take the "risk" of buying zaha this summer. After this season he is going to be inflated even more now.

Yawn.

If it was such an obvious signing then another club, one with much deeper pockets, would have done it.

Palace will know the potential of Zaha better than anyone else. Why would they sell him cheaply when they know he'll be worth double that in 12 months?

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 14 Nov 2012 17:55

CBA to read the whole thread, it might have been mentioned. We had a fee agree for Zaha, about £4m, then palace changed their mind and wanted £6m, we (quite rightly) refused to pay.

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 14 Nov 2012 18:00

urz13 CBA to read the whole thread, it might have been mentioned. We had a fee agree for Zaha, about £4m, then palace changed their mind and wanted £6m, we (quite rightly) refused to pay.

Thats how i remembered it. 4m would have been a hell of a bargain! 6m was to much atm.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 15 Nov 2012 11:34

Lacoste How am I a WUM?

Grow up.

Hi Steffan.

Love ya :P

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 15 Nov 2012 12:17

USA_Loyal_Royal
urz13 CBA to read the whole thread, it might have been mentioned. We had a fee agree for Zaha, about £4m, then palace changed their mind and wanted £6m, we (quite rightly) refused to pay.

Thats how i remembered it. 4m would have been a hell of a bargain! 6m was to much atm.

Not in hindsight it wasn't. It's the sort of figure that brought Jenas to the Premier League, Walcott etc. It's "the next big thing" cost. Birmingham's Redmond will cost similar.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 15 Nov 2012 12:25

again- a totally one sided, one eyed view of transfer negotioations and budgets

firstly- we assessed him as being worth 4 m. they raised it to 6, a figure we adjudged to be 2 million too much.
bit weak to just keep chasing him regardless of how high they kept raising the asking price imo

and secondly what if brian had been offered 12 million in terms of wages and fees for the window as a budget.
would you then think it was a good idea to spend half of your total money on an unproven youngster who was potentially briliant but inconsistent.especially when you had so many areas that needed strengthening(on the wing not really being the top priority)

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 15 Nov 2012 12:27

McDermott hits out at boo-boys.

http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/sport ... s-booboys/

With regards to the booing at the end of the Norwich game "McDermott will not tolerate a similar reaction from fans if they fail to beat the in-form Toffees."

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 15 Nov 2012 12:40

"But boss McDermott says he cannot understand why supporters would choose to vent their anger when his players are giving everything they've got...

...if they are giving everything they have got then sadly they aren't good enough ...

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 15 Nov 2012 12:46

Ooh I'd love to see Brian walk over to Y26 at the end off the game and give 'em the Phil Brown treatment

3209 posts