Madejski's Wallet - Is It Our Business?

Thou Voice

Madejski's Wallet - Is It Our Business?

by Thou Voice » 30 Aug 2010 16:45

The man, our hero who has brought us all together, he goes by the name of...

John Madejski

...I look around this forum and see that he is being slagged down for this, that and the other but I ask you this?

As fans, do we seriously have any right to question what he does?

I mean we play Football Manager for fun, he plays it for real. We should really get used to the idea that it is HIS club, HIS team and ultimately HIS plaything.

Surely we should embrace the man that saved us from a terrible fate all those years ago and allow him to recover the few pounds that he has spent in giving us wholesome family entertainment for the past few years.

We may never recoup the glory "YEAR" of the Premiership for the next 141 years, but at least we had it.

If we want to focus our failings we really should be looking at one man, The Balding Guy V1 and you ALL know who he is, the same chappie that let Bristol City down...

...on refection if he had managed us better in our second season in ther Premiership and the gutless overpaid idiots had kicked a few better balls, then we would have stayed up. The year after was a much weaker crop of teams that went down and we would probably be there still now. Look at Stoke City for example, that could have been us.

I offer Madejski a round of applause for what he has done with Reading FC and I suggest all of you get used to the idea that it is not your club, so shut up complaining when all you have done is brought an XL shirt with a name and number on it.

If you think your so good for RFC, I ask you, what have you done for the club that allows you to have an opinion that would even doubt the actions of Madejski?

No, it's a time to stop complaining and get behind Madejski and The Balding Guy V2 (as long as he gets rid of Skippy).

DO YOU SEE? :shock:

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Madejski's Wallet - Is It Our Business?

by readingbedding » 30 Aug 2010 17:27

Merge the dirge.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 30 Aug 2010 17:29

Why would he be bothered about what basically 50 or 60 people think on here?

joe999

by joe999 » 30 Aug 2010 17:48

I will laugh out loud at the guy who slates Federici over Madejski.

Do you actually think everyones forgotten about what he did for us? Of course they havent. But do you realise how FRUSTRATING it is to spend your hard earned cash on watching the team you love, and to be the only club in the football league who gives you NOTHING in return? Just because of what he did for us doesn't give his immunity to run what is effectively a dictatorship at the moment. Not spending ANY money, but not selling up? It's disgusting.

If you have money to burn, good on you, well done, but a lot of us haven't. And we'd like something in return for all the money we spend on that team. It's just not just our season tickets, it's food and drink, it's shirts, it's petrol, it's taking a day off work to go up to newcastle on a cold Wednesday morning in December. The fact that John can just sit back and watch our club slide down through the leagues, while we're working our arses off just to pay to go and watch the team, it makes me sick.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 30 Aug 2010 18:11

WHY DONT YOU CHIP IN YOURSELF.

AND PLEASE DEFINE HIS GREED?

IM PRETTY SURE HES JUST SAID HE S NOT PAYING ANY MORE MILLIONS OURT OF HIS POCKET, INTO UNGRATEFUL, DISLOYAL PLAYERS POCKETS
HOW IS THAT GREED

joe999

by joe999 » 30 Aug 2010 18:12

I dont chip in because Im not a football chairman. And if he doesnt want to spend any money, then he's not a football chairman either.

Also, caps? How old are you?

Thou Voice

by Thou Voice » 30 Aug 2010 18:13

joe999 If you have money to burn, good on you, well done, but a lot of us haven't.

I only wish.

But the fact of the matter is, in all honesty it's not a bad price for a years worth of entertainment. (There are just a few things we could do without like Skippy)

As for food etc, ever since being mildly disapointed with the quality of teenager serving me once in the north stand, I have stayed away. I was concerned about their rotting body and greasy hair coming anywhere near anything I was going to eat. That being said, since we're now part of the Waitrose brand, I can only assume we have better quality staff behind the tills?

DO YOU SEE? :|
Last edited by Thou Voice on 30 Aug 2010 18:14, edited 1 time in total.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 30 Aug 2010 18:13

brendywendy WHY DONT YOU CHIP IN YOURSELF.

IM PRETTY SURE HES JUST SAID HE S NOT PAYING ANY MORE MILLIONS OURT OF HIS POCKET, INTO UNGRATEFUL, DISLOYAL PLAYERS POCKETS
HOW IS THAT GREED

Why is it out of his pocket??

He could easily take back some of the 11 million he put into the hotel from our parachute payments or whatever and put it back into the club.

Thou Voice

by Thou Voice » 30 Aug 2010 18:14

Royal Lady

HOW IS THAT GREED

He could easily take back some of the 11 million he put into the hotel from our parachute payments or whatever and put it back into the club.

No, no, no, no, no.

That built the Media Centre for the Balding Guy V1.

DO YOU SEE? :shock:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 30 Aug 2010 18:15

The media centre was 2 million. The rest of it went on the hotel expansion. So, let's all stand in the hotel foyer next home game and clap the wonderful expansion.

joe999

by joe999 » 30 Aug 2010 18:16

Royal Lady The media centre was 2 million. The rest of it went on the hotel expansion. So, let's all stand in the hotel foyer next home game and clap the wonderful expansion.

:lol:

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 30 Aug 2010 18:16

HOW IS THAT GREED

Then he's in the wrong game, because sadly that is football and football clubs can't afford to stand still, and we are. It's only a matter of time before we slip through the trap door if we continue to sell our assets and spend very little on the team. The academy can't produce stars every season.

Thou Voice

by Thou Voice » 30 Aug 2010 18:18

Royal Lady The media centre was 2 million. The rest of it went on the hotel expansion. So, let's all stand in the hotel foyer next home game and clap the wonderful expansion.

Oh?

Did I See? :D (Clearly Not!)

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 30 Aug 2010 18:20

Royal Lady

HOW IS THAT GREED

I THOUGHT THAT THE HOTEL WAS A NET CONTRIBUTOR TO THE CLUB, NOT THE OTHER WAY ROUND. ACCORDING TO DELLOR LAST SEASON AFTER HED MADE A LOAD OF RASH SILLY STATEMENTS ABOUT MADEJSKI STEALING ALL OUR CASH

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 30 Aug 2010 18:21

Where do you think the money came from the hotel expansion? :roll:

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 30 Aug 2010 18:22

Look guys & gals, there's no money in there

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 30 Aug 2010 18:23

Royal Lady Where do you think the money came from the hotel expansion? :roll:

THAT WAS FROM BEFORE DELLORS STATEMENT AND THE ONE FROM THE CLUB THAT SHOWED THE HOTEL PAYED US MONEY, NOT THE OTHER WAY ROUND WASNT IT?

I COULD BE WRONG, I OFTEN AM

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 30 Aug 2010 18:26

Royal Lady

HOW IS THAT GREED

The hotel was built before we were relegated. HTH

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 30 Aug 2010 18:28

The money for the EXPANSION to the hotel came from RFC's coffers - I'm sure of it. Northern Git knows more than I - he'll be on at some point I'm sure to confirm.

The expansion to the hotel was however many millions, where do you think that money came from if JM hasn't got any? He's dipping in and out of all his enterprises and moving money around. RFC Holdings encompasses the hotel and the football club or something like that and the accounts account for both the hotel and the club I believe.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 30 Aug 2010 18:30

BUT BEFORE THAT, THE HOTEL HAS MADE THE CLUB MONEY AND WAS A NET CONTRIBUTOR- IM ASSUMING THAT EXTENDING IT SIMPLY INCREASES TEH NET GAIN WE WILL GET FROM IT?

JUST GOING FROM THE INFO OUT THERE.

AT LAST CLUB STATEMENT jm HAD NOT TAKEN ANY MONEY OUT OF THIS CLUB
AND THE LAST MEDIA STATEMENT ABOUT THE HOTEL IT WAS SAID IT MADE US MONEY NOT LOST US IT