Confidence Part 2

Do you still have confidence in Madejski, Hammond and Howe to run the club?

Yes
57%
No
37%
Don't care
5%

Total votes: 131
Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

Confidence Part 2

by Terminal Boardom » 31 Aug 2010 20:09

The first poll really should close. The last time I looked, the opinion was:
Yes 36 (30%)
No 74 (62%)
Don't care 8 (6%)

Total votes : 118

Same question: Do we still have confidence in their abilities to run this football club?

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Confidence Part 2

by PEARCEY » 31 Aug 2010 20:10

Nope. The madman must go.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 31 Aug 2010 20:10

Yes. Perhaps moreso.

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 31 Aug 2010 20:15

Same as yesterday and the last couple of years. Madejski has achieved all he wanted to here and has no ambition left. He wants this club to run itself on a shoe string, and it can't remain competitive if it does achieve that. He needs to let someone else come in who has the vigor and enthusiasm for the challenges ahead.

JM was amazing for Reading Football Club, but you can't stand still in football, and you have to keep improving - we're not. We just keep going backwards. The man that did so much for us is now dismantling everything. At this rate we'll be back in the third division but with a better stadium and training ground by the time he sells us.

Lower your asking price and silly terms on stadium names etc and go.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 31 Aug 2010 20:17

No. Today's transactions, following on from all his empty talk about promotion, rates as one of the biggest piss takes ever.

trueroyal1871

by trueroyal1871 » 31 Aug 2010 20:19

It's time for JM to go he's done all he can/is willing to do for our club, I can see him hanging on like Doug Ellis did at Villa by which time we'll be back sitting between mid table and relegation in league 1. JM wouldn't have the profile he has now if he didn't own us he would just be another successful business man and doubt very much he would be a sir either.

I'm grateful for everything that he done in the past but it's time to part ways and it's in the best interest of the club that it's sooner rather than later.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 31 Aug 2010 20:23

Just because I don't have confidence in them any more, it doesn't mean that I'd view getting rid of them without thinking seriously about a suitable replacement as a good idea. More to the point, it's not really our decision to make.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 01 Sep 2010 08:46

On the day that we sell our best player for a club record fee (£6M+) and reinvest just a tiny percentage of that in 'strengthening' our squad, QPR sign both Tommy Smith and Rob Hulse.

Now which club is truly walking the talk and demonstrating real ambition to return to the PL, Madejski and followers?

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 01 Sep 2010 08:51

QPR, Cardiff and Ipswich look like being the three going up at this early stage. Perhaps Burnley and a "recovered" Middlesborough could get in on the act (and Millwall could be the surpise package), don't see our name anywhere near that unfortunately.

Still perhaps next season after we've sold off Kebe, McAnuff and Taylor to dispel next year's financial "hole".

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 01 Sep 2010 09:08

Barry the bird boggler QPR, Cardiff and Ipswich look like being the three going up at this early stage. Perhaps Burnley and a "recovered" Middlesborough could get in on the act (and Millwall could be the surpise package), don't see our name anywhere near that unfortunately.

Still perhaps next season after we've sold off Kebe, McAnuff and Taylor to dispel next year's financial "hole".

Just because they hold the first 3 positions after 4 games? :roll:

It's much too early to make judgments on promotion.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 01 Sep 2010 09:11

RoyalBlue On the day that we sell our best player for a club record fee (£6M+) and reinvest just a tiny percentage of that in 'strengthening' our squad, QPR sign both Tommy Smith and Rob Hulse.

Now which club is truly walking the talk and demonstrating real ambition to return to the PL, Madejski and followers?

Hulse was a signing we should have made years ago, recall him taking us apart away at Leeds, but has he really been much good since?? bit of a journeyman to me.

And T SMith 1 goal in 19 appearances for Pompy, none so far this season, at the same level.

ellpryjon

by ellpryjon » 01 Sep 2010 14:05

hmm the standings so far:
Yes 20 (39%)
No 28 (54%)
Don't care 3 (5%)

and common sense prevails. Even if the figures don't add up....

Seems that the loud minority are exactly that, a minority.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 01 Sep 2010 14:12

ellpryjon hmm the standings so far:
Yes 20 (39%)
No 28 (54%)
Don't care 3 (5%)

and common sense prevails. Even if the figures don't add up....

Seems that the loud minority are exactly that, a minority.

And to note that the latest results are less than half of those who voted first time around.

Still Hate Futcher!

by Still Hate Futcher! » 01 Sep 2010 14:48

I've every confidence in Madejski's and Hammond's ability to run the club but that isn't to say I'm not disappointed with our transfer dealings this season. I'm gutted at losing Gylfi but also hopeful that we'll bring in a decent strker on loan next week.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 01 Sep 2010 15:28

rhroyal Just because I don't have confidence in them any more, it doesn't mean that I'd view getting rid of them without thinking seriously about a suitable replacement as a good idea. More to the point, it's not really our decision to make.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 01 Sep 2010 15:29

RoyalBlue On the day that we sell our best player for a club record fee (£6M+) and reinvest just a tiny percentage of that in 'strengthening' our squad, QPR sign both Tommy Smith and Rob Hulse.

QPR.

but then they have mega rich owners who are prepared to gamble with their massive wallets. ours isnt.the end

LOL at followers :roll:

Sir Dodger Royal
Location: Cyberspace - pulling the strings. You know it makes sense.

by Sir Dodger Royal » 01 Sep 2010 16:07

Success is all about investment. Blackpool were a one off but I bet they have already spent more than we did in season one when in Premiership.

QPR, Cardiff and Ipswich are investing big time for this level. They are not spouting bollocks about 'no money'.

Thery deserve success. We deserve failure and that is what is on offer whillst the tosser is in charge art RFC. Evict him ASAP. Demo called for and boo him at every sighting at the Madhouse. Time for actionnnnnnnnn

You know it makes sense.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 01 Sep 2010 16:10

Success is all about investment. Blackpool were a one off but I bet they have already spent more than we did in season one when in Premiership.

id suggest that 106 points, and 8th place prem finish suggest differently

id also suggest that blackpool coming up after spending oxf*rd all isnt a one off at all- theres at least one team who does that every season since we did it in 05/06

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 01 Sep 2010 16:12

No

Just taken the plunge at 22/1 on Reading to be relegated.

Don't actually think we will but that is huge price for a team that's started badly and just lost its top scorer and best player without replacing him. I would have thought about 6/1 would be fair.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 01 Sep 2010 16:12

Haven't voted as question doesn't really make sense - like others I have confidence that they won't ruin this club financially, but think that their strategy errs too much on the risk avoidance side of things. Mr Mad clearly has no desire to risk his money - fair play to him; the only ones willing to do so are those who are happy to buy something else - connections, respectability, .. - with the money they'll lose. I think Mr Mad fell into that category at the outset but has now made what he can out of the club - i.e. even though he's probably got a net loss on the club, his wins far outweigh these losses in terms of business links, reputation etc.