All fans coming to Portman Road on Tuesday

ITFC_Keane

All fans coming to Portman Road on Tuesday

by ITFC_Keane » 05 Mar 2011 22:27

Be warned that there is likely to be roadworks on the A12 up to Copdock (Tesco) roundabout that evening. If you're driving up via M25/A12, you could be held up for a bit. Typical ruddy Highways Agency sham sadly.

ITFC_Keane

Re: All fans coming to Portman Road on Tuesday

by ITFC_Keane » 05 Mar 2011 22:42

Oh, and also be warned that we beat Cardiff tonight and are on a bit of a roll under Paul Jesus. So don't go thinking that we're another mediocre Championship team who'll roll over in your dogged pursuit of a play-off place :wink:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 05 Mar 2011 22:46

Full expect you to turn us over. You usually bloody do at Portman Road it seems.

ITFC_Keane

by ITFC_Keane » 05 Mar 2011 22:55

True Ian, although we haven't always had it our own way in this fixture. You have turned us comprehensively over a few seasons ago 3-0 here.

Talking to my fellow Town fans last Saturday, they were dreading this game more than the Cardiff one tonight.

Hope you've already bought your tickets btw. £36 on the door for away fans on the night. :roll: We're all ashamed and embarrassed.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 05 Mar 2011 22:59

It does make me laugh that Ipswich charge £36 for a ticket and yet Man City are only charging £15 for adults :lol:

ITFC_Keane

by ITFC_Keane » 05 Mar 2011 23:19

Doesn't make me laugh Slammed. Doesn't make me laugh.

Makes me sick that we've become another Premier wannabe club with ideas above our perch. Our purported cheapest ST were we to make the promised land of the Prem btw is £800. It's currently £452 (for adults obviously. Kids and OAPs and students get it cheaper).

And we're supposed to be reducing our wage bill next season 'cos Keane (the useless bleeder) spent too much. He'll back Jewell to land his targets (supposedly Billy Sharp, Danny Graham, a right back and another midfielder) but Connor Wickham could be on his way to pay for it. Great.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 06 Mar 2011 06:01

£452!!!!!!!!! £36 On the day!!!!!!!!!! For Championship football? Christ I am amazed anyone goes at those prices. I won't moan about our prices again.

TheRouge

by TheRouge » 06 Mar 2011 09:07

ITFC_Keane True Ian, although we haven't always had it our own way in this fixture. You have turned us comprehensively over a few seasons ago 3-0 here.

Talking to my fellow Town fans last Saturday, they were dreading this game more than the Cardiff one tonight.

Hope you've already bought your tickets btw. £36 on the door for away fans on the night. :roll: We're all ashamed and embarrassed.

That 0-3 game at you place is in my opinion the best Reading performance ever. Doyle and Lita were in perfect harmony and little, murty and Shorey all looked like rivellino..

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 06 Mar 2011 09:13

£36 for Championship football. That's extraordinary. :shock:

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 06 Mar 2011 09:43

ITFC_Keane Be warned that there is likely to be roadworks on the A12 up to Copdock (Tesco) roundabout that evening. If you're driving up via M25/A12, you could be held up for a bit. Typical ruddy Highways Agency sham sadly.

Time to change your username?

fireman_jules

by fireman_jules » 06 Mar 2011 09:45

£36 ???!!! That is absolutely rediculous. I was going to go to this one as I live in woodbridge but im not now. Not paying that rediculous price !!!

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 06 Mar 2011 10:01

ITFC_Keane True Ian, although we haven't always had it our own way in this fixture. You have turned us comprehensively over a few seasons ago 3-0 here.

And we usually pay for it. To me it seems we win one game at Portman Road then go another 5 visits struggling to score a goal or grimly trying to hang on for a point - and given the inexcusably pathetic performances Reading have have dished up on their last two visits I struggle to see it being any different on Tuesday (esp. with our defensive crisis that sees us down to our last two experienced centre backs, no right back and a rookie keeper).

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 06 Mar 2011 10:09

ITFC_Keane Doesn't make me laugh Slammed. Doesn't make me laugh.

Makes me sick that we've become another Premier wannabe club with ideas above our perch. Our purported cheapest ST were we to make the promised land of the Prem btw is £800. It's currently £452 (for adults obviously. Kids and OAPs and students get it cheaper).

And we're supposed to be reducing our wage bill next season 'cos Keane (the useless bleeder) spent too much. He'll back Jewell to land his targets (supposedly Billy Sharp, Danny Graham, a right back and another midfielder) but Connor Wickham could be on his way to pay for it. Great.

Out of interest, a number of fans (who seem to think they are the majority, but aren't) are absolutely livid that Madejski isn't pumping in millions of his own money, or just budgeting was beyond income, in a quest for success.

As your chairman seems to think nothing of posting consecutive £12 million losses, what's the view among Ipswich fans of that approach to running a club.

Riseley
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Riseley » 06 Mar 2011 10:23

TheRouge

That 0-3 game at you place is in my opinion the best Reading performance ever. Doyle and Lita were in perfect harmony and little, murty and Shorey all looked like rivellino..

A great evening made perfect by my meeting The Rouge if I remember correctly.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 06 Mar 2011 10:29

Oi Oi Riseley, used to drink with a Pompey fan I hear? Slim ring any bells?

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 06 Mar 2011 10:52

fireman_jules £36 ???!!! That is absolutely rediculous. I was going to go to this one as I live in woodbridge but im not now. Not paying that rediculous price !!!

Yes, absolutely ridiculous.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 06 Mar 2011 11:10

£36.00. Does that include a three course pre-match meal and a courtesy program?

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 06 Mar 2011 15:53

£31 is bad enough (as I posted on the other thread, with no competition for supporters in Ipswich and Norwich the East Anglian bastards can charge a hefty premium for their tickets and do so with absolutely no shame either), but £36 on the day? Jesus, I complained about Norwich being expensive but Ipswich take the piss. Hardly worth it given that we're almost certainly going to be oxf*rd over in one way or another. From memory, Mihailov, Legg, Bernal, Viveash, Shorey and Mills have all been sent off in our last 9 games at Portman Road, whether deserved or undeserved, so we're always good for a sending off there. And we've lost 5 of those games as well, and drawn the Jim Magilton game. We're generally competitive at least there, but Reading's luck is invariably out wherever we go in East Anglia.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 06 Mar 2011 16:54

handbags_harris £31 is bad enough (as I posted on the other thread, with no competition for supporters in Ipswich and Norwich the East Anglian bastards can charge a hefty premium for their tickets and do so with absolutely no shame either), but £36 on the day? Jesus, I complained about Norwich being expensive but Ipswich take the piss. Hardly worth it given that we're almost certainly going to be oxf*rd over in one way or another. From memory, Mihailov, Legg, Bernal, Viveash, Shorey and Mills have all been sent off in our last 9 games at Portman Road, whether deserved or undeserved, so we're always good for a sending off there. And we've lost 5 of those games as well, and drawn the Jim Magilton game. We're generally competitive at least there, but Reading's luck is invariably out wherever we go in East Anglia.

^ This

Will listen to the radio

RAF Royal

by RAF Royal » 06 Mar 2011 17:13

First things first - thanks to ITFC_Keane for coming on another team's board and behaving like a grown-up instead of some of the idiot posts you see by 'visitors' elsewhere. Good heads up - on traffic and ticket prices.

Second - sat and watched Ipswich on TV with one of their fans last night. He seemed to think that they are run in an 'odd' way financially. Apparently not breaking the bank on wages, but lots of players out of contract in the summer and available on freebies, despite having attracted 6 or 7-figure fees to go there in the first place. Rumours of many of them already negotiating with other clubs - as they are allowed to, once January is over. Seems there's no obvious way to run a club 'sensibly'.

Oh ... yes. Great result for them last night, but I wasn't that impressed. Certainly not in the first half where they lacked creativity and decent ball skills (pitch didn't help). Given our recent form my optimism is high - which is why we'll lose 2-0!