WEMBLEY, MORE THAN A DAY OUT.

oldebiscuit

WEMBLEY, MORE THAN A DAY OUT.

by oldebiscuit » 24 May 2011 22:23

With 17,000 average home gates and over 39,000 going to wembley i can assume that many of you are taking your girlfriends, wives or same sex partners, and the balance being made up with people that just don't normally go. I don't have a problem with non-regulars, your welcome and perhaps it may trigger an interest that will make you a regular at the Madstad, I don't have a problem with wives, girlfriends and same sex partners because lets be honest, for 9 months of the year you tolerate our selfish 'its my day' attitude with us disappearing Saturday mornings as human beings, only to see us return approximately 14 hours later as in-coherent drunken animals with shirts hanging out, normally one shoe missing and a whiff in the back pocket, dribbling and chanting some pathetic ditty about McDermott. Girls, you have earned your day out.
The problem starts with people that are treating this as 'just a day out whether we win or lose'. That it is not. This is not a day out. This is a serious days work for both fans and players. Swansea players need to feel intimidated by Royals fans, we need to be hostile. If Swansea players sense any kind of 'just a good day out' atmosphere in the Reading camp then it will work to their advantage. We need to be ready here, so warn your guests, enjoy the atmosphere before the game, have a few drinks etc, but once in the stadium, it's down to business. 'Make some noise and scare the boyos' URZ!!!!!
Last edited by oldebiscuit on 25 May 2011 19:52, edited 2 times in total.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

Re: WEMBLEY, MORE THAN A DAY OUT.

by Focher » 24 May 2011 22:25

give it to em OB!

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 24 May 2011 22:29

oldebiscuit If Swansea players sense any kind of 'just a good day out' atmosphere in the Reading camp then it will work to their advantage.

Yeah, it will be like a goal head-start for them. In fact, I don't know why they even bother playing the game - they should just see which fans are having the best day out and then award promotion to the other lot. :roll:

old woman

by old woman » 24 May 2011 22:31

Somewhat sexist!!!
Living 300 miles away and working alternate weekends, it is difficult to attend home games. But my mother, daughter and I, having been at Everton know what is expected of us!!!!

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 24 May 2011 22:35

old woman Somewhat sexist!!!
Living 300 miles away and working alternate weekends, it is difficult to attend home games. But my mother, daughter and I, having been at Everton know what is expected of us!!!!

Dinner? :wink:

old woman

by old woman » 24 May 2011 22:39

Avon Royal
old woman Somewhat sexist!!!

Dinner? :wink:

You'll have to wait until I've finished the ironing :D

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

by Tamworth_Royal » 24 May 2011 22:41

If nobody outside of the stadium post match interviews isnt talking like joe pasquale there was no effort on their behalf.

You tell em Old Biscuit :wink:

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 24 May 2011 22:48

Pffffffff I'm bringing the bf he is not bringing me, I am the one with the season ticket he is not

Wakeyloyal

by Wakeyloyal » 24 May 2011 22:49

The average Reading fan that has been turning up to the Mad Stad over the last few years could not intimidate Wycombe Wonders, never mind Swansea!

Reading Fans in Jester hats with more mouth than trousers are best off keeping their heads down and avoid getting a smack in the gob, because after the game it may be a bit naughty with angry Welshmen wanting to seek revenge for Reading spoiling their playoff hopes!

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 24 May 2011 22:54

Possibly but we thought the same at Cardiff and ...nothing.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 25 May 2011 01:59

Good entertaining post oldebiscuit.

YOU RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 25 May 2011 07:49

Get over it oldebiscuit be glad we can fill our allocation of 40,000.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 25 May 2011 07:53

It works both ways, OP - Swansea's average attendance this season is 15,507, whilst ours is 17,682 - so they have even more potential people on a "day out" than we do.

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 25 May 2011 08:48

Svlad Cjelli It works both ways, OP - Swansea's average attendance this season is 15,507, whilst ours is 17,682 - so they have even more potential people on a "day out" than we do.

And it'll be quite the adventure for people from Swansea to come to London anyway.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 25 May 2011 09:15

Bandini
Svlad Cjelli It works both ways, OP - Swansea's average attendance this season is 15,507, whilst ours is 17,682 - so they have even more potential people on a "day out" than we do.

And it'll be quite the adventure for people from Swansea to come to London anyway.

Yeah - that's what worries me, because they're much more likely to be more committed after decided to make the journey.

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 25 May 2011 09:16

Svlad Cjelli
Bandini

Yeah - that's what worries me, because they're much more likely to be more committed after decided to make the journey.

Maybe, but perhaps they'll be distracted by the giant iron carriages, people walking upright and the relative scarcity of tracksuits.

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 25 May 2011 09:47

Yet more Reading fans living in the Reading bubble and forgetting there are thousands of Reading fans living away from the town who can only make a few games a season and obviously are going to make every effort for Wembley to be one of those. Does living several hundred miles away or in a different country now make you less of a fan?

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 25 May 2011 10:17

oldebiscuit With 17,000 average home gates and over 39,000 going to wembley i can assume that many of you are taking your girlfriends, wives or same sex partners, and the balance being made up with people that just don't normally go. I don't have a problem with non-regulars, your welcome and perhaps it may trigger an interest that will make you a regular at the Madstad, I don't have a problem with wives, girlfriends and same sex partners because lets be honest, for 9 months of the year you tolerate our selfish 'its my day' attitude with us disappearing Saturday mornings as human beings, only to see us return approximately 14 hours later as in-coherent drunken animals with shirts hanging out, normally one shoe missing and a whiff in the back pocket, dribbling and chanting some pathetic ditty about McDermott. Girls, you have earned your day out.
The problem starts with people that are treating this as 'just a day out'. That it is not. This is not a day out. This is a serious days work for both fans and players. Swansea players need to feel intimidated by Royals fans, we need to be hostile. If Swansea players sense any kind of 'just a good day out' atmosphere in the Reading camp then it will work to their advantage. We need to be ready here, so warn your guests, enjoy the atmosphere before the game, have a few drinks etc, but once in the stadium, it's down to business. 'Make some noise and scare the boyos' URZ!!!!!

It's the reason I'm not taking my gf tbh, she just wouldn't care enough.

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 25 May 2011 10:19

FAO Southbankers - Archies Penalty has stolen your login details

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 25 May 2011 11:35

oldebiscuit This is not a day out. This is a serious days work for both fans and players.

Maybe for the players but I'm fairly sure I'll be far too drunk to do a serious days work

Well done for creating a new version of the "I'm a better supporter than you" argument though