The two Koreans

retro royal

The two Koreans

by retro royal » 30 Jun 2011 08:04

Not sure where this belongs in HNA forum guidelines

Korea's Nam Tae-Hee believes Sunderland-bound Ji Dong-Won will be a 'great player'
The two youngsters spent time together at Reading's academy during 2007 and 2008 and the Valenciennes winger has some advice for his Europe-bound former teammate

Ji Dong-Won's ex-Reading teammate Nam Tae- Hee believes the young Korea international will become a “great player” at new club Sunderland.
Nam, 19, spent time alongside Ji at Reading's academy during 2007 and 2008 before moving to Ligue 1 club Valenciennes while his former teammate returned to Korea to play for Chunnam Dragons.
Ji, 20, has flown to England this week to complete the formalities with Sunderland after agreeing to a three-year contract and Nam told the Korea JoongAng Daily the move is the best thing for his compatriot.
“When we were on the national team, I told him to go Europe because you can learn lot of things there,” said Nam during a break in Korea.
“Of course, there are things you can learn here in Korea, but if he gains some experience in Europe, I think he will be great player.”
Nam, who made 21 appearances for Valenciennes during the 2010-11 season, offered some advice for Ji as he prepares to embark on his European career.
“I first thought everything would go smoothly as long as you play football well, but it doesn’t. I think making friends and knowing people is important. You have to communicate well,” said Nam.
“There is no doubt that he has great football skills but you need to get along with your teammates first.”
Nam made his international debut earlier this year against Turkey and said football has taken over his life since moving to Europe.
“I only think about football these days. I quit playing video games recently. I do work out a lot, but for the most part I focus on matches,” said Nam.
“I just love it and want to be good at football. That is why I’m crazy with this sport.”
The Busan-born midfielder added he was content at Valenciennes at the moment but was hoping to improve his game and be part of the 2014 Fifa World Cup.
“Valenciennes is still a big team for me. In fact, I haven’t confirmed my starting position in the lineup. I still have a lot to learn with this club,” said Nam.
“I want to play in the 2014 World Cup. Then, I want to be starter for Valenciennes. I know I have to work harder. I’m not satisfied with where I am right now.”

Ji has been over to Sunderland for successful negotiations over a £2million transfer which his club Chunnam Dragons had already accepted.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

Re: The two Koreans

by ZacNaloen » 30 Jun 2011 08:22

It's a shame we couldn't get the work permit needed to keep these guys

The Cube

by The Cube » 30 Jun 2011 08:23

There were three - the third was referred to by RFC as Kim Wonsik, although that can't possibly be his precisely correct name.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 30 Jun 2011 10:18

ZacNaloen It's a shame we couldn't get the work permit needed to keep these guys

I was about to ask why we let him go. £2mill, he must be pretty handy.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 30 Jun 2011 11:08

coming to Reading was a bad Korea move.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 30 Jun 2011 13:02

Alan Partridge coming to Reading was a bad Korea move.

It's dog eat dog.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 30 Jun 2011 13:22

floyd__streete

It's dog eat dog.

At least they're not selling their Seoul and moving to Man City.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 30 Jun 2011 13:44

If they did the fans would want the Moon on a stick.

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 30 Jun 2011 13:51

Chow m9

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 30 Jun 2011 14:25

rhroyal
floyd__streete

It's dog eat dog.

At least they're not selling their Seoul and moving to Man City.
That'll be the daewoo.

Ferris
Hob Nob Regular

by Ferris » 30 Jun 2011 14:29

Ban this wacist filth

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 30 Jun 2011 14:32

That puts a new slant, I reckon, on things.

Ferris
Hob Nob Regular

by Ferris » 30 Jun 2011 14:33

nice

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

by YateleyRoyal » 30 Jun 2011 15:23

Hopefully he can find the Chink in the opposition's defence

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 30 Jun 2011 15:31

The trouble is, after watching a chinese football match, half an hour later you want to watch another one.

I wonder whether the fans sing 'is that all you takeaway'?

Ferris
Hob Nob Regular

by Ferris » 30 Jun 2011 15:47

Buddha wept.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 30 Jun 2011 16:13

retro royal Not sure where this belongs in HNA forum guidelines

Korea's Nam Tae-Hee believes Sunderland-bound Ji Dong-Won will be a 'great player'
The two youngsters spent time together at Reading's academy during 2007 and 2008 and the Valenciennes winger has some advice for his Europe-bound former teammate

Ji Dong-Won's ex-Reading teammate Nam Tae- Hee believes the young Korea international will become a “great player” at new club Sunderland.
Nam, 19, spent time alongside Ji at Reading's academy during 2007 and 2008 before moving to Ligue 1 club Valenciennes while his former teammate returned to Korea to play for Chunnam Dragons.
Ji, 20, has flown to England this week to complete the formalities with Sunderland after agreeing to a three-year contract and Nam told the Korea JoongAng Daily the move is the best thing for his compatriot.
“When we were on the national team, I told him to go Europe because you can learn lot of things there,” said Nam during a break in Korea.
“Of course, there are things you can learn here in Korea, but if he gains some experience in Europe, I think he will be great player.”
Nam, who made 21 appearances for Valenciennes during the 2010-11 season, offered some advice for Ji as he prepares to embark on his European career.
“I first thought everything would go smoothly as long as you play football well, but it doesn’t. I think making friends and knowing people is important. You have to communicate well,” said Nam.
“There is no doubt that he has great football skills but you need to get along with your teammates first.”
Nam made his international debut earlier this year against Turkey and said football has taken over his life since moving to Europe.
“I only think about football these days. I quit playing video games recently. I do work out a lot, but for the most part I focus on matches,” said Nam.
“I just love it and want to be good at football. That is why I’m crazy with this sport.”
The Busan-born midfielder added he was content at Valenciennes at the moment but was hoping to improve his game and be part of the 2014 Fifa World Cup.
“Valenciennes is still a big team for me. In fact, I haven’t confirmed my starting position in the lineup. I still have a lot to learn with this club,” said Nam.
“I want to play in the 2014 World Cup. Then, I want to be starter for Valenciennes. I know I have to work harder. I’m not satisfied with where I am right now.”

Ji has been over to Sunderland for successful negotiations over a £2million transfer which his club Chunnam Dragons had already accepted.

Swap for Long.....

Aubery Boyce
Hob Nob Regular

by Aubery Boyce » 30 Jun 2011 16:53

The Two Koreans <<<< The Two Ronnies

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 30 Jun 2011 20:06

The Cube There were three - the third was referred to by RFC as Kim Wonsik, although that can't possibly be his precisely correct name.

Was one of them Mr Woo ?!?!

firstdivision

by firstdivision » 30 Jun 2011 21:27

One of the lads came from Busan, isnt that where Curo went after he left us (Bucan Icons from memory).