Ingi - an update

ITFC_Keane

Ingi - an update

by ITFC_Keane » 09 Jul 2011 15:51

The Ipswich team were out doing some charity work last week, and came to my workplace in Ipswich to do a press thing and a photocall. Afterwards we had the opportunity to talk to some of the players briefly, and our group got Ingimarsson.

Well, what a lovely bloke! He spoke very highly of the fans at Reading and said he hoped he'd get a decent reception when he came back to SJM next season. I asked him if he felt ready for another season of championship football, and he said "Yeah, I feel better now than I have for ages in pre-season" He also told us about his hamstring injury last season but said that it felt "really good" and said that, at Reading, when he came back from injury, the team improved beyond recognition!! I also asked him if he was sad to leave and he said "I'll miss them, but I know Ipswich are ambitious as well, and you've all been good to me so far! It's a nice area, we like it".

Upshot of all this: Parents with headaches at the cost of kids having "Ingimarsson" on their shirts! Couldn't believe him with the kids. He signed every autograph, posed for mobile pictures SMILING (!) with youngsters, and even picked one teeny lad up so that his mum and dad could get a piccie with 'em both!! What a difference from the likes of other Town players in the past who always looked like they'd rather be anywhere else.

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

Re: Ingi - an update

by glass half full » 09 Jul 2011 16:16

Top man!

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 09 Jul 2011 16:19

With Mills gone I would have kept him, hindsight is a wonderful thing!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Jul 2011 16:54

Ivar Ingimarsson has to be one of the most genuine and decent players in English football. You've got a fantastic player, sadly past his prime, though if he's managed to shrug of the injuries and can stay fit he'll still manage to do you fairly proud this season.

He won't get a good reception on his return. He'll get a fantastic one.

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 09 Jul 2011 17:20

Ian Royal He won't get a good reception on his return. He'll get a fantastic one.

This

Legend

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 09 Jul 2011 18:31

Ian Royal Ivar Ingimarsson has to be one of the most genuine and decent players in English football. You've got a fantastic player, sadly past his prime, though if he's managed to shrug of the injuries and can stay fit he'll still manage to do you fairly proud this season.

100% agree with this. I would have given him another 1 year deal...would rather of had him in the play-off final than Zurab

TedBundy89

by TedBundy89 » 09 Jul 2011 18:53

LoyalRoyal22
Ian Royal Ivar Ingimarsson has to be one of the most genuine and decent players in English football. You've got a fantastic player, sadly past his prime, though if he's managed to shrug of the injuries and can stay fit he'll still manage to do you fairly proud this season.

100% agree with this. I would have given him another 1 year deal...would rather of had him in the play-off final than Zurab

Hindsight is a wonderful thing! How many people would have gone mental if Ivar had been picked ahead of Zurab Vs Swansea?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 09 Jul 2011 19:42

agree Ted, there was nothing wrong with Zurab until that last game (obviously)

As he was our ex Captain, and as Ian rightly says Ingi will get a fantastic reception.... from me too

Hope he holds out for you ITFC....but even more so for himself

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 09 Jul 2011 22:50

There is no doubt Ivar will get a standing ovation on his return to the Mad Stad.

Would we have given him another year if we knew Mills would be going?
If not, we must have other defensive targets............. :shock:

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 09 Jul 2011 23:13

I love Ivar. The bloke is one of the nicest men you could wish to meet, and not only that he was a superb captain of this club. The behaviour that ITFC describes is just typical Ivar really, he appears to be one of the few footballers who actually enjoys that side of being a footballer, although unlike most he is actually a superb role model. As a player he is the ultimate professional. As a central defender you would expect him to be booked pretty often. In 03/04, 04/05 and 05/06 he was booked twice, and sent off for being punched by Dean Windass. A quite incredible record really.

IR's comments seconded to the hilt, and if he scores against us he is probably the only former player to return to us who I would actually applaud for doing so.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 10 Jul 2011 00:47

the only premiere league player to ever live in crowthorne. Turned up to the village fete every.walked his kids to school,never saw him fail to chat with fans,even when clearly busy with family, along with murts, the nicest blokes you could wish to meet. Gutted hes left really.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 10 Jul 2011 04:19

Legend he will do a good job for Ipswich.

Bedale Royal

by Bedale Royal » 10 Jul 2011 08:49

handbags_harris I love Ivar. The bloke is one of the nicest men you could wish to meet, and not only that he was a superb captain of this club. The behaviour that ITFC describes is just typical Ivar really, he appears to be one of the few footballers who actually enjoys that side of being a footballer, although unlike most he is actually a superb role model. As a player he is the ultimate professional. As a central defender you would expect him to be booked pretty often. In 03/04, 04/05 and 05/06 he was booked twice, and sent off for being punched by Dean Windass. A quite incredible record really.

IR's comments seconded to the hilt, and if he scores against us he is probably the only former player to return to us who I would actually applaud for doing so.

And only after Windass thumped him if I remember correctly. Not even sure that Ingi hit him even, merely pushed him away. Disgraceful behaviour from Windass who then celebrated getting Ingi sent off in front of us.

Love it if he came back. Total legend.

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 10 Jul 2011 11:05

Legend!
Will get a much better reception than Mills.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 10 Jul 2011 22:25

parky Legend!

yes he will.

Colin Cheeselog

by Colin Cheeselog » 10 Jul 2011 22:31

parky Legend!

Really? Even better than a useless cnut that was here for a whole 2 years? Wow.

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 10 Jul 2011 22:33

Colin Cheeselog
parky Legend!

In a thread that is describing him to a Ipswich fan, that's a fair enough comment. Also they were both captain of the team for about the same length of time, so I think it's fair enough to compare.

knobby_1871

by knobby_1871 » 11 Jul 2011 00:12

Colin Cheeselog
parky Legend!

:roll:

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 11 Jul 2011 01:23

parky Legend!

You don't say?.

Just a quick question, where do bear's s.hit?.

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 11 Jul 2011 12:44

Big Ern
parky Legend!

You don't say?.

Just a quick question, where do bear's s.hit?.

^
|
|
|

:roll: