Silence for Robert Sebbage?

100 posts
Royal1983

Silence for Robert Sebbage?

by Royal1983 » 04 Aug 2011 16:32

I know this may already be a post but has there been any news on if there will be a mins silence or applause from the supporters before kick off? I've looked on the RFC site and also on the Facebook page but the only thing that has been said is that Sir John has written to the family and that they are going to be his guests for Saturdays game. Would it not be a great way to show respect to the lost life of such a young person who was a season ticket holder if the fans all did something?

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Silence for Robert Sebbage?

by Mr Angry » 04 Aug 2011 16:34

Is this the lad who was pi$$ed up whilst on holiday, had a go at a taxi driver, who stabbed him to death?

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 04 Aug 2011 16:36

yes, yes it is

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 04 Aug 2011 16:38

Sad as this is, I'm not sure it's appropriate for a football match.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 04 Aug 2011 16:40

Svlad Cjelli Sad as this is, I'm not sure it's appropriate for a football match.

+1

alderdude

by alderdude » 04 Aug 2011 16:40

i would imagine there will be

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 04 Aug 2011 16:42

Svlad Cjelli Sad as this is, I'm not sure it's appropriate for a football match.

Reading ST holder gets murdered

More appropriate than having one for Bobby Robson or, even worse, 9/11

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 04 Aug 2011 16:44

Maguire

Agreed, but I didn't agree with them either.

is it just because he was murdered you want a silence, because we must lose scores of reading STHs each season. Should we have a ceremony for each one?

Royal1983

by Royal1983 » 04 Aug 2011 16:48

Svlad Cjelli
Maguire

is it just because he was murdered you want a silence, because we must lose scores of reading STHs each season. Should we have a ceremony for each one?

It's because it's a sign of respect that a lad who was 18 was murdered and that he was a season ticket holder.

glenroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by glenroyal » 04 Aug 2011 16:50

Mr Angry

+1

+another

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 04 Aug 2011 16:51

Football clubs have such little respect for their supporters that I'm afraid I can't see this worthy campaign getting off the ground.

Tredder
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Tredder » 04 Aug 2011 16:54

His funeral was today

Very sad.

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 04 Aug 2011 16:54

Mr Angry Is this the lad who was pi$$ed up whilst on holiday, had a go at a taxi driver, who stabbed him to death?

Pathetic - you are an absolute idiot. I hope it never happens to one of your family members.

If the club want to show any kind of gesture then I would gladly accept it. If they don't quite see it as appropriate, again, that is their decision.

In a time when people moan about football clubs forgetting their roots, I think its ironic that possible acts like this are dismissed as inappropriate.

Tredder
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Tredder » 04 Aug 2011 16:55

Mr Angry Is this the lad who was pi$$ed up whilst on holiday, had a go at a taxi driver, who stabbed him to death?

No, this was the lad that was stabbed because he happened to be in the area where people were playing with laser pens.

Dick.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 04 Aug 2011 16:57

Tredder

No, this was the lad that was stabbed because he happened to be in the area where people were playing with laser pens.

Dick.

Do we know all the 'real' facts though Tredder? I mean, I not making assumptions here, but was he really that innocent?

Tredder
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Tredder » 04 Aug 2011 17:00

Funnily enough mate, yes i do, it may seem a new concept to the stereotypical posters on here, but there can be a case whereby, and i won't write it in bold to make the point, people do go on holiday abroad and don't cause mayhem, sometimes innocent people get caught in the crossfire because of the actions of others.

I would hazard a guess that Mr Angry has no children, as his widesweeping generalisation, shows little or no resepct.

alderdude

by alderdude » 04 Aug 2011 17:01

why anyone seems to have a problem with this i don't know, he was a young lad on his first holiday away from home and he gets murdered no disrespect to anyone that has lost family members and there has been nothing done by the club infact my uncle was a season ticket holder and died the season before we were promoted to the prem and there was nothing done. But this is different, young lad with his whole life ahead of him and it's hardly a disruption to the match in any way shape or form is it so don't be so disrespectful

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 04 Aug 2011 17:02

Svlad Cjelli
Maguire

You won't be surprised to hear that i'm actually ambivalent about it (and not just because I won't be there), but given what we have had silences/applause for I don't think it's that out of line.

Now that i've seen the RFC coffin I think at least some gesture from the club would be appropriate.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Aug 2011 17:03

Sad as anyone young dying is, I don't really think it's appropriate for a minutes silence at the game, and if I was the family I wouldn't want that either

I don't want to use the slippery slope argument, but why is a young person who's murdered any more worthy of recognition by a football club than an old person who dies of natural causes, if both were STHs?

note in the programme would seem reasonably appropriate though.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 04 Aug 2011 17:05

What is it with people so desperate for something to mourn that they start threads demanding a minute's silence in memory of someone that (presumably - apologies if I have this wrong) they didn't even know. Macabre, really, that folk are so keen to infringe on other people's grief.
Last edited by floyd__streete on 04 Aug 2011 17:09, edited 1 time in total.

100 posts