Madjeski fans

friday fan

Madjeski fans

by friday fan » 17 Aug 2011 12:49

I read alot on here and post only sparingly. I have been a poster for a while under my current addy and under a previous addy. Whilst I can appreciate a good and open debate I find myself admist a number of seemingly pro Madjeski fans who quite basically berate and abuse non Madjeski posters. I would have thought for the good of constructive football debate that those pro Madjeski supporters who berate and abuse members on this board would just realise there was life pre Madjeski and everyone has a point of view. The world would be boring if we all agreed but people don't need to stoop to abuse or bullying when replying to posts.

The moderators might want to consider monitoring this and start to do something about this.

Now onto Madjeski, love him or not he is the Chairman. Personally I rejoiced when he took over but sadly he has lost his way. I'm not about shelling cash out for over rated players, I am for living within a budget, I am for giving the fans reasonable hope and I am not for slating the current chairman but I do have a view and my view is the sooner the club is sold then the better, I'm sure Madjeski echos that sentiment.

I'm not sure if the range of the pro Madjeski posters are juvenilles looking for a cheap wind up and therefore use that as some kind of perverse entertainment, if that is the case then I say move on and get off this site. For too long I have seen posters blatently slating and abusing points of views. All I want is a site like this to debate RFC matters, not to see the drivel that people dish out just because they can do (the moderators dont seem to do anthing).

I'll leave this for comment and debate.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Madjeski fans

by Wycombe Royal » 17 Aug 2011 12:52

Until Madejski can find his billionnaire buyer with good intentions for the club then Madejski is the best option by a long shot.

People need to remember that his business interests have taken a severe knock over the past couple of years and he is having/had to renogiate his debts on more than one of his investments and is also selling his hotel in the Galapagos Islands. Therefore it is no surprise he runs this club on a very tight financial budget.
Last edited by Wycombe Royal on 17 Aug 2011 12:57, edited 2 times in total.

friday fan

by friday fan » 17 Aug 2011 12:56

Wycombe

Thanks a sensible post and point taken.... a rareity to get this as a first response tbh was thinking I'd get the usual but thanks :)

manny96

by manny96 » 17 Aug 2011 13:06

There's certainly vitriol on both sides. I suppose I am 'pro' Madejski but the nature of the debate on here seems to force you to have to choose between two apparent opposites, when reality is far more nuanced and complex.

I would say though that it gets even more frustrating when every thread seems to be reduced to the same 'debates', normally when someone critical of Madejski blames some particular event on his tenure. Not everything needs to boil down to this...

...for instance, it's perfectly alright to say "X is crap because..." but too often it ends up with "X is crap but we'll never invest in the finished product because Madejski is syphoning of the money. Ahhh, where's all the money gone? Madejski out, you're a crap businessman. Blah blah blah". Cue counter from the other side and discussion has nothing to do with the original point/question.

It's all fvcking boring. The team board is far, far too serious. Where's all the whimsy? WHERE'S ALL THE WHIMSY GONE? MADEJSKI OUT!!

friday fan

by friday fan » 17 Aug 2011 13:12

Manny good points raised - we are all sick of where's the money gone......its gone and that is that, I for one don't want this to be about lack of new players, the money issue and I applaud your sentiments. We need humour just as much as constructive debate. I read other fans sites and they don't slate half as much as we get here.

thanks for your post :)

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 17 Aug 2011 13:21

its probably best you actually look up the spelling of our chairmans surname (we've had 20 years to learn it) before posting.

Thank you drive thru.

Rob-Royal

by Rob-Royal » 17 Aug 2011 13:23

Friday, good post - you could also add that just because you can doesn't mean you 'have' to respond to every single thread a hundred times!!

They all know who they are! And worse, because of that they seem to think this makes them more qualified!

I wonder how many of us go back to 94 when this all started and now can't be bothered anymore...maybe we should do a poll?! :lol:

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 17 Aug 2011 13:36

I'm Pro- Madejski for sure.

I just wish we could have a nice big signing soon(ish)........... please.

Give us all a lift wouldn't it?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 17 Aug 2011 14:24

Interesting. It is my perception that the anti-Madejski lot are far far more abusive than the pro Madejski posters.

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 17 Aug 2011 15:02

I think the anti-Madders are more abusive, but generally towards him and "squeaky". Us Pro-Madders tend to focus our abuse on the anti-Madders posters however.

Agree with OP that constructive debate is needed.

It wasn't that long ago Madesjki spoilt us. Remember that Christmas we got Salako and Watson? IF he had the money, would he do so again? If not, then I actually don't see his ownership as a good thing. Sure his business expertise and tight ship are great, but if we ARE self-sufficient, why do we need a multi-millionnaire owner?

My dream is not that he will sell to a billionnaire, my dream is that he will donate the club to STAR.

I suspect, however, that when his finances have improved, he will be signing the cheques again. The selling is just to fund us for 3 or so years until that point.

If he had truly given up he would be downsizing the squad and wagebill, not propping it up through sales.

Oh and yeah, correct spelling of Madejski pleeeeeeease

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 17 Aug 2011 15:12

couldnt give two monkeys about the man in all honesty.
i dont think theres ever much nasty argument about whether people like him or not, or even if hes a great business man or not.
the only pro and anti arguments there are are if you are pro spending within our means, and not racking up debt, or spending more than we earn and racking up debt.
and that has feck all to do with JM, since hes not taking out, and not putting in.

the only question i have over JMs running of this ship is not knowing the current asking price of the club, and being slightly worried its that that is putting off investors.

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 17 Aug 2011 15:15

friday fan I read alot on here and post only sparingly. I have been a poster for a while under my current addy and under a previous addy. Whilst I can appreciate a good and open debate I find myself admist a number of seemingly pro Madjeski fans who quite basically berate and abuse non Madjeski posters. I would have thought for the good of constructive football debate that those pro Madjeski supporters who berate and abuse members on this board would just realise there was life pre Madjeski and everyone has a point of view. The world would be boring if we all agreed but people don't need to stoop to abuse or bullying when replying to posts.

The moderators might want to consider monitoring this and start to do something about this.

Now onto Madjeski, love him or not he is the Chairman. Personally I rejoiced when he took over but sadly he has lost his way. I'm not about shelling cash out for over rated players, I am for living within a budget, I am for giving the fans reasonable hope and I am not for slating the current chairman but I do have a view and my view is the sooner the club is sold then the better, I'm sure Madjeski echos that sentiment.

I'm not sure if the range of the pro Madjeski posters are juvenilles looking for a cheap wind up and therefore use that as some kind of perverse entertainment, if that is the case then I say move on and get off this site. For too long I have seen posters blatently slating and abusing points of views. All I want is a site like this to debate RFC matters, not to see the drivel that people dish out just because they can do (the moderators dont seem to do anthing).

I'll leave this for comment and debate.

It's spelt Madejski.

Sorry to go all Spacey on you.
Last edited by roadrunner on 17 Aug 2011 15:16, edited 1 time in total.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 17 Aug 2011 15:15

Rob-Royal Friday, good post - you could also add that just because you can doesn't mean you 'have' to respond to every single thread a hundred times!!

They all know who they are! And worse, because of that they seem to think this makes them more qualified!

I wonder how many of us go back to 94 when this all started and now can't be bothered anymore...maybe we should do a poll?! :lol:

LOL

isnt this post, and indeed the whole thread just a thinly veiled "stop disagreeing with me"

royalsroyalsroyals92

by royalsroyalsroyals92 » 17 Aug 2011 15:27

I feel a bit sorry for JM, he does try to keep the club afloat, and keep us working well, and that is a unique feature I love about the club. He however has been very dodgy over transfers recently an although I don't want millions spent, buying an average player who could go into the first team immediately would appease many fans

I feel sorry for him however as he is actively trying to sell the club and we have recently had visits from bahrainians and most recently Americans, but none of them are quite biting. JM isn't trying to ruin the club, he's just keeping it working until it sells

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 17 Aug 2011 15:31

I thought this was going to be a thread to discuss how outrageously handsome Reading fans are.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 17 Aug 2011 16:10

royalsroyalsroyals92 I feel a bit sorry for JM, he does try to keep the club afloat, and keep us working well, and that is a unique feature I love about the club. He however has been very dodgy over transfers recently an although I don't want millions spent, buying an average player who could go into the first team immediately would appease many fans

I feel sorry for him however as he is actively trying to sell the club and we have recently had visits from bahrainians and most recently Americans, but none of them are quite biting. JM isn't trying to ruin the club, he's just keeping it working until it sells

's not up to JM though

hammond and McD can do what they want with the playing staff, as long as it fits the budget

Rob-Royal

by Rob-Royal » 17 Aug 2011 16:12

brendywendy
Rob-Royal Friday, good post - you could also add that just because you can doesn't mean you 'have' to respond to every single thread a hundred times!!

LOL

isnt this post, and indeed the whole thread just a thinly veiled "stop disagreeing with me"

Yeah it's all about you - 37,000 posts and counting, all of them meaningful contributions - congratulations!

I thought about you the other day when walking down the bread isle in tesco's until I looked again and it said Thick Cut.......

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 17 Aug 2011 16:20

i gave you my sensible, restrained and considered opinion on the OP thanks.
and i have no idea what my post count, or the inherrant meaningfulness of any poston an internet forum has to do with owt.

but top, top, comedy stylings anyway.

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 17 Aug 2011 16:24

royalsroyalsroyals92 I feel sorry for him however as he is actively trying to sell the club and we have recently had visits from bahrainians and most recently Americans, but none of them are quite biting. JM isn't trying to ruin the club, he's just keeping it working until it sells

When you look at this club; the stadium, the training ground, the facilities etc, you do have to ask why are we so hard to sell? Is it that all the people knocking at the door are all the wrong type of buyer (see Birmingham owner who showed an interest at Reading first, see Pompey...), or is JM asking for an unrealistic amount of money? Who knows.

I love the bloke for what he's done for this club. He saved us first and foremost, he built us a stadium that my old man and his family always said you'd never see us play in, let alone fill, and we reached the premiership. My family didn't think that would happen either.

But now things have changed. The investment into the playing staff has reduced greatly and doesn't look likely to increase, and SJM's mojo for the game seems to have gone. It's now about keeping the club afloat financially as best he can without increasing the clubs debt, and remaining in the second tier where you always have half a hope of the play-offs.

My fear is that this will cost us in the end. You can't rely on the academy turning out enough quality to keep us here forever, especially when we sell as soon as a big money offer comes along.

Do I want Madejski out? No I don't. But I do want to see someone fresh to come in who has dreams and ambition to make this a big club, who will spend more adventuriously but also within reason, and who will have the clubs best interests at heart and not their own. Sadly, there isn't many out there like that.

Rob-Royal

by Rob-Royal » 17 Aug 2011 16:28

brendywendy i gave you my sensible, restrained and considered opinion on the OP thanks.
and i have no idea what my post count, or the inherrant meaningfulness of any poston an internet forum has to do with owt.

but top, top, comedy stylings anyway.

Comedy Stylings???? There goes another rib!