Whats up with Colin?

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

Whats up with Colin?

by Z175 » 24 Aug 2011 16:37

http://www.qpr.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0, ... 86,00.html

Neil Warnock I'm delighted hes gone to a good club like Reading

Why is he letting us have some of his best players? First Leigertwood on loan, just to give him the chance to play and then letting us have Leigertwood and Gorkss for what are presumably reasonable fees.

Both may have no longer been in his first 11, but both were key long term first teamers and were in his 16 man squad. It seems to be to let them play 1st team, some sort of loyalty to do right by them, like with Brian and Shane. But why is he being so nice about letting them join us?! Has he always been a secret Royal?!

leww_rfc
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Whats up with Colin?

by leww_rfc » 24 Aug 2011 16:39

Isn't it obvious?

He fancies Brian... :?

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 24 Aug 2011 16:40

Simples. He has always kinda liked us as a good honest sparring partner and likes the fact that we are WELL RUN.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 24 Aug 2011 16:43

The Prisoner Simples. He has always kinda liked us as a good honest sparring partner and likes the fact that we are WELL RUN.

We are NOT well run! Haven't you read Andrew's latest thread? :?

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 24 Aug 2011 16:45

He'll probably get the sack soon - training ground punch up with their new midfielder...

Best not burn any bridges.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 24 Aug 2011 19:28

He has always had complimentary things to say about us as a club, particularly under Coppell, it's just individuals, or specifically, Wally Downes, he's had an issue with and he's hardly alone in that.

Remember, from 2001 to 2007, we and Sheffield Utd were never separated by more than a place in the league and he would have enjoyed that close sporting rivalry. Also, he was very much a strong influence on Chris Armstrong's career and again would appreciate the manner in which we supported him.

For all his one eyed bluster as a manager, Colin is one of the few personalities in the sport who seem to have that Corinthian streak in him that acknowledges clubs and people who try to do things in the right spirit.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 24 Aug 2011 22:46

I remember after we beat QPR 1-0 a couple of seasons back, he praised the Reading crowd for the way they got behind the team!
Last years win he described as the most satisfying of his career. Which is in it's way is a compliment

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 24 Aug 2011 23:12

From Despair To Where? For all his one eyed bluster as a manager, Colin is one of the few personalities in the sport who seem to have that Corinthian streak in him that acknowledges clubs and people who try to do things in the right spirit - like encouraging his players to break opposing players legs, trying to intimidate referees both on and off the pitch, being a massively bad loser and generally being an opinionated twat.

amen brother

manny96

by manny96 » 24 Aug 2011 23:31

Not forgetting passing comment on all and everything from on high in his own column for a daily newspaper. Like Reading getting too many penalties.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 25 Aug 2011 00:02

manny96 Not forgetting passing comment on all and everything from on high in his own column for a daily newspaper. Like Reading getting too many penalties.

no he's a "character"

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 25 Aug 2011 03:12

Colin is a god among men

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 25 Aug 2011 07:50

He's said a few good things about us in the last few months. I quite like the bloke. The game needs more love him and hate him characters. He's a passionate manager. I'd have him here after McD.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 25 Aug 2011 08:09

leon
From Despair To Where? For all his one eyed bluster as a manager, Colin is one of the few personalities in the sport who seem to have that Corinthian streak in him that acknowledges clubs and people who try to do things in the right spirit - like encouraging his players to break opposing players legs, trying to intimidate referees both on and off the pitch, being a massively bad loser and generally being an opinionated twat.

amen brother

Or in other words, you should never manage the team you support because you tend to approach the game with the mentality of a fan.

Whilst not condoning anything he's said or done, I've seen and heard far worse coming from the North Stand and on here.

Aubery Boyce
Hob Nob Regular

by Aubery Boyce » 25 Aug 2011 08:48

From Despair To Where? He has always had complimentary things to say about us as a club, particularly under Coppell, it's just individuals, or specifically, Wally Downes, he's had an issue with and he's hardly alone in that.

Remember, from 2001 to 2007, we and Sheffield Utd were never separated by more than a place in the league and he would have enjoyed that close sporting rivalry. Also, he was very much a strong influence on Chris Armstrong's career and again would appreciate the manner in which we supported him.

For all his one eyed bluster as a manager, Colin is one of the few personalities in the sport who seem to have that Corinthian streak in him that acknowledges clubs and people who try to do things in the right spirit.

I bumped into Colin a couple of years ago at The Oval and he was on crutches so couldn't escape. Quizzed him for about 20mins on why he hated Reading so much. It all boiled down ot Wally Downes. It was just after that Brum game when we failed to get promoted. He said he was close firends with Coppell etc etc. Despite my general loathing for Colin, I found him to be actually alright. He had a lot of good things to say about Reading adn acknowledged he says stuff in the media to create a storm.

He spent about an hour (whilst it was raining) chatting to a couple of Palace fans explaining loads of stuff about Palace. Admittedly he couldn't get away, but he didn'thave to be so candid i suppose.

At the end of the day he's a pantomime villain. Sort of bloke that gets his fans on side and alienates fans of opposing clubs.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 25 Aug 2011 08:52

Aubery Boyce At the end of the day he's a pantomime villain. Sort of bloke that gets his fans on side and alienates fans of opposing clubs.

^ This.

End of thread.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 25 Aug 2011 09:16

Nothing is wrong with Colin, he is still a twat who hopefully will get the boot soon!

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 25 Aug 2011 09:57

Simple, he needs to shift players out to buy more strikers

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 25 Aug 2011 10:18

manny96 Not forgetting passing comment on all and everything from on high in his own column for a daily newspaper. Like Reading getting too many penalties.

Has a point hasn't he? :wink:

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 25 Aug 2011 10:42

When the red mist descends Colin has a huge capicity to make a complete twat of himself but only the "one eyed" amongst us see this as proof that he is not one of the most able and highly experienced managers in the country.

He is one of a handful who beat Steve Coppell to managing in 1000 league games and one of the first to congratulate the latter on the achievement.

It took a lot more than just money to get Rangers into the top flight and have Sheffield United taken a forward step since the day he left?

I wouldn't be surprised if Colin is yet to have his final rant at The Mad Stad but that doesn't stop him respecting us..................and we should reciprocate.

manny96

by manny96 » 25 Aug 2011 11:11

Gordons Cumming

Has a point hasn't he? :wink:

Well, you've got to be in a position to dive in the first place...

...3 in a match is a bit much though.