Back from the game .... Peterboro

109 posts
CayeneMatt

Back from the game .... Peterboro

by CayeneMatt » 29 Nov 2011 22:00

Another game of 2 halves.

First half verging on the shocking, especially the first 20 mins.

Second half much better after the substitutions. 5 in midfield worked a treat from where I was sitting. And 2 top quality goals...

I was legging it back to the car when sinclair scored, how bad was Feds mistake?

ellpryjon

Re: Back from the game .... Peterboro

by ellpryjon » 29 Nov 2011 22:08

Agreed about 2 halves.... Kebe looked disinterested and low on confidence...

Fedders mistake was that he hesitated......

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 29 Nov 2011 22:18

CayeneMatt Another game of 2 halves.

Second half much better after the substitutions. 5 in midfield worked a treat from where I was sitting. And 2 top quality goals...

I was legging it back to the car when sinclair scored, how bad was Feds mistake?

Come again??

Kebe dreadful, Legs, Jem, Church all dreadful

Harte....... two great balls for the goals, but an absolute f*cking liability besides that

I feel like we mugged 'boro tonight. Damn they're quick going forward, great the ball at their feet and their off-the-ball movement was brilliant. Shame about their defence though

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 29 Nov 2011 22:25

I honestly don't see what McDermott sees in Church.

Le Fondre and Hunt should start on saturday.

bobbybottler
Hob Nob Regular

by bobbybottler » 29 Nov 2011 22:26

John Madejski's Wallet
CayeneMatt Another game of 2 halves.

Come again??

Kebe dreadful, Legs, Jem, Church all dreadful

Harte....... two great balls for the goals, but an absolute f*cking liability besides that

I feel like we mugged 'boro tonight. Damn they're quick going forward, great the ball at their feet and their off-the-ball movement was brilliant. Shame about their defence though

I don't feel that at all - I felt that they were there to be beaten, they were very threatening going forward, but I was disappointed that we didn't score more than three against a defence that was much much worse than ours.

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 29 Nov 2011 22:27

Kebe was fine. Not great but not terrible.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 29 Nov 2011 22:27

SLAMMED I honestly don't see what McDermott sees in Church.

Perhaps patience is more nurturing.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 29 Nov 2011 22:29

royalexile

I think Le Fondre is a more natural striker. Deserves a start on saturday at least.

Also first time I've spotted you at a game for a while. You have hair :shock:

CayeneMatt

by CayeneMatt » 29 Nov 2011 22:29

First half, Ledge and Karacan were far too deep which is why we got overrun time and time again.

Second half, they were a lot further forward, and with ALF playing in front of them (yes, 5 in midfield) and behind Hunt, it worked well.

Church looked totally f*cked off when he was sub'd. He couldn't complain though, aside from the goal which was more to do with delivery, he did very little else.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 29 Nov 2011 22:33

SLAMMED
royalexile

I think Le Fondre is a more natural striker. Deserves a start on saturday at least.

Also first time I've spotted you at a game for a while. You have hair :shock:

I really feel that Church will click at some damned point. (hope is eternal).
The hair - :lol: Deciding what to do with it.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 29 Nov 2011 22:35

You can't hide it under your hat forever :wink:

Royals-lad14

by Royals-lad14 » 29 Nov 2011 23:02

got completely overran first half in midfield, jem and ledge were too deep. The defending for their first was poor to say the least, but then for church's goal it was vice versa.

second half- it was a bit flat for 20 minutes then mcdermott made the substitutions and it seem to put a spring in our step, however didnt see why brian took off jem, definately should of been leigertwood. Le fondre and robson kanu were definately the difference, may i just say robson- kanu goal, GOAL OF THE SEASON! well soo far.. premier league strike that was.

Wasnt the most convincing performance but glad we got the 3 points.

MOM- Le Fondre, may have only been on pitch 30 minutes but made a big difference.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 29 Nov 2011 23:29

It seems to me that we are playing so much worse this season than this time last season and yet staggeringly we are now one point ahead of where we were after game 19 then!

Kebe is really poor this season. I can only think Brian has shagged his wife and feels guilty or something - because his continued inclusion in the starting 11 is mystifying.

As we have always said Harte adds more in an attacking sense but as soon as he is in the side we ship more goals. However if we win 3-2 every week, none of us will complain.

I think Cummings, Gorkks and Pearce are looking like a very reliable and stable defensive unit. Neither Karacan nor Legs had their best games for us. McAnuff was mixed but much better than Kebe.

Church really did very little apart from a tap in. Hunt gave 100% as usual but we looked so much better when HRK and ALF came on.

All in all it felt quite hard work watching that - although very pleased to see my first RFC win of the season (as I missed Brum and Doncaster).

Elmer Park

by Elmer Park » 29 Nov 2011 23:45

What the hell do McDermott and Gibbs say to the players before matches or maybe they left it to Jobi tonight The first fifteen minutes was a disgrace and we were not only outplayed but also outfought in that spell. Even though we improved slightly once the soporific effects of the team talk wore off we were very still very fortunate to go in level at half time not least because the otherwise impressive Sinclair missed the golden chance served up on a plate by Harte.

We were slightly better in the second half particularly once the substitutions were made. Le Fondre seemed to link up the play and bring others into the game. I was pleased for Churchy to get his goal and continue his record of being the only Reading player to score in the first half this season but like most people I can't see how he gets the nod over Le Fondre. Great finish from Alfie and a fantastic run and finish from HRK.

tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

by tomrfcurz » 29 Nov 2011 23:45

Didn't think it was the best of games and at times it reminded me of watching a bore 0-0 draw... the fact that it ended 3-2 is still quite incredible. First half and the first 15 mins of the second i thought we were very poor; long ball after long ball (must be said, a lot of inaccuracy from Gorkss with them) and we just didn't want to get the ball on the deck.

Peterborough were a very fast moving attacking side with their main man being Sinclair (i think?) - Cummings got skinned a few times by him in the 1st half but 2nd half that never happened i don't recall so i can only assume McDermott had words. They were playing very similar football; hoof down the flanks basically and i thought we canceled each other out.

Introductions of Le Fondre and Robson-Kanu (obviously) changed the game really - Le Fondre's work ethic i think the main attribute that added to the game and our performance and HRK gave the defence something different to cope with and they struggled so again two very good subs. Personally i think Le Fondre deserves and should have had a start but i can see McDermott's thinking about keeping HRK as an impact player; be interesting to see what he does at Blackpool in the abscene of McAnuff - i can't help but think he may try sticking Hunt on the wing again and introduce Le Fondre as partner to Church perhaps.

A draw looked like it was on the cards but we had a much fresher outlook and all round game when McDermott made the changes. I still feel Kebe looks disinterested, doesn't track back anymore and leaves men unmarked all around him - it's a shame he can't really be dropped for Blackpool with McAnuff out because i really struggled to see what he's adding to the team now.

MOTM - Probably Adam Le Fondre when he came on, for someone who maybe played a bit longer i didn't think anyone had a great game today, McAnuff didn't do too much wrong and i think Leigertwood was quite hard working too but neither of them at their best by a long shot, Pearce looked fairly solid actually as well.

Ratings - i think probably 6's all round 'cept Pearce and McAnuff out of the starting 11 who would possibly score a bit higher.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 30 Nov 2011 01:51

Thought we played much better against Cardiff and got nothing from that. Tonight we were outplayed in midfield thought there number 26 and 8 were excellent. Two very good goals from Alf and HRK and three points so not all bad, but if we are going to do anything this season we will need to play better than that.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 30 Nov 2011 06:51

Dire performanace by Reading but we got the 3 points with Boro's midfield runnin rings round us.

We played with 8 men for 60 minutes, Church, Karacan and Kebe were not existant. Le Fondre and HRK's introduction meant we then had ten on teh pitch with us then going on to win the game.

Two great goals from the subs.

Basingstoke Royal

by Basingstoke Royal » 30 Nov 2011 07:26

Probably the worst performance I have seen this season. We have played much better and not won. Cardiff, saints, derby. Obviously three points are great but the performance and effort levels are really worrying. Only a few players seemed to want it tonight - it was like watching the game in slow motion.

Federici - 6 - solid for 89mins but let down by another silly mistake.
Cummings - 5 - terrible first half, but much improved second.
Pearce - 6 - had an ok game.
Gorkss - 6 - had an ok game.
Harte - 6 - great delivery and in an attacking sense, was exposed a few times defensively.
Kebe - 6 - did ok - would always be in my starting 11 with the options we have available. Gets given the ball and then no support. Good goal which church stole and almost made offside.
Karacan - 5 - too lightweight and overrun in midfield. Offered little going forward.
Leigertwood - 4 - constantly giving the ball away, missing simple passes and getting pushed off the ball too easily. Too many fouls and heading towards a red card.
Mcanuff - 7 - thought he was one of the few players really trying tonight. I like him in centre midfield and would consider starting him there. Lightweight yes - but no more so than jem or ledge.
Hunt - 7 - worked hard and caused the defense problems. Looked much better when he had someone helping him.
Church - 3 - contributed nothing and almost made the first goal offside. Another game which turned around when he departed unfortunately.He has had his chance this season and Brian has shown real faith but he has not delivered.

Le Fondre - 8 - Changed the game by working hard, linking up play and scoring a top quality goal. Different class.
HRK - 8 - Great impact from the bench and excellent goal. We should replace McAnuff for Blackpool.
Tabb - 6 - no chance to make an impact and should have been on to replace Ledge earlier as he was going to end up getting sent off.

marekisgod

by marekisgod » 30 Nov 2011 07:35

What about Church you havent given him a mark out of ten , its as if your saying we played with 10 men ,................. Oh i see your point , yeah your right he is useless doesnt contribute anything to the side rather play with 10 !

CayeneMatt

by CayeneMatt » 30 Nov 2011 07:49

I don't always like knocking Jobi, but I thought it was telling after the first 15 when Hunt went down and play stopped for 5 mins. Considering how we'd played up to that point, I thought Jobi would've got them in a huddle and sorted it out. You can be sure Mills would've done.

Instead they stood there spotting the birds in the crowd.

109 posts