If the Russians don't bring success......

Finch

If the Russians don't bring success......

by Finch » 22 Jan 2012 19:20

Will you cintinue to spend your hard earned money on watching Reading every week.

For most of you you are essentially waiting for this moment that an investor comes in to 'take Reading to the next level' (whatever that may be). If they overload you with debt without funding transfers in a couple of years time, and you start plummeting, will you continue to 'chase the dream'?

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

Re: If the Russians don't bring success......

by MmmMonsterMunch » 22 Jan 2012 19:23

Finch Will you cintinue to spend your hard earned money on watching Reading every week.

For most of you you are essentially waiting for this moment that an investor comes in to 'take Reading to the next level' (whatever that may be). If they overload you with debt without funding transfers in a couple of years time, and you start plummeting, will you continue to 'chase the dream'?

Yes we will so fcuk off.

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 22 Jan 2012 19:23

Finch Will you cintinue to spend your hard earned money on watching Reading every week.

Why so bitter Finch?

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 22 Jan 2012 19:24

i couldn't care less what division we're in. i've always enjoyed a match day, a drink before and after the game, win, lose or draw. premier league was a great ride but i've had some terrific times in league one (old division 3).

coming from a liverpool fan who doesn't go to games, this is all a little bit sad isn't it?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 22 Jan 2012 19:24

Great thread.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 22 Jan 2012 19:24

Mate, I go because I want to, because I like football, and I happen to be from Reading...

What if the Russians DO bring success - how pissed off will I be when I can't get tickets?

That I feel is a more pressing question!

But in direct answer to your question, yeah man, I'll still take the kiddie winks to Reading vs. Bury or who ever in League 2 - when we're all dead and buried - another Sheff Wed / Bradford / ex-Prem team in the lower leagues. Only because I enjoy football, and I come from Reading.

79Royal

by 79Royal » 22 Jan 2012 19:27

The deal isn't even close to being signed yet, the Daily Mail claim it's Russians, but we don't really know and even if we do end up in Russian hands, who is to say we'll end up like, Pompey, Leeds, etc? There are plenty of takeovers that are going very well, there's no reason to think ours won't follow a successful path.

Wait until the deal has happened and we've been through a transfer window, then come back with your fishing rod.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 22 Jan 2012 19:30

rfc2001

by rfc2001 » 22 Jan 2012 19:31

What a dickhead and what a pointless thread. All the Reading fans on this forum are actual reading fans who support and watch reading for the enjoyment. Most fans on here watched reading back in days of league 2 ECT. If we do plummet down, then we have the enjoyment of watching our local team rebuild and climb the leagues again!

END OFF THREAD NOW F*CK OFF

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 22 Jan 2012 19:32

I don't like Russians

Finch

by Finch » 22 Jan 2012 19:34

skipper Mate, I go because I want to, because I like football, and I happen to be from Reading...

What if the Russians DO bring success - how pissed off will I be when I can't get tickets?That I feel is a more pressing question!

But in direct answer to your question, yeah man, I'll still take the kiddie winks to Reading vs. Bury or who ever in League 2 - when we're all dead and buried - another Sheff Wed / Bradford / ex-Prem team in the lower leagues. Only because I enjoy football, and I come from Reading.

Given the shithouse away support highlighted on this forum recently, I'm sure that won't be a problem.

percy_freeman

by percy_freeman » 22 Jan 2012 19:34

Yes, as I have for the last 44 years, apart from the 2 years I spent in Spain and only made a few games. And I don't even come from Reading!

Finch

by Finch » 22 Jan 2012 19:35

rfc2001 What a dickhead and what a pointless thread. All the Reading fans on this forum are actual reading fans who support and watch reading for the enjoyment. Most fans on here watched reading back in days of league 2 ECT. If we do plummet down, then we have the enjoyment of watching our local team rebuild and climb the leagues again!

Like Swondon, Bradford, Leeds, Sheff Wed :lol:

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 22 Jan 2012 19:36

As I don't know you or your past history with RFC, the question still stands.

Why so bitter Finch?

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 22 Jan 2012 19:37

Where have you been all these years Finch? Got going when the going got tough?

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 22 Jan 2012 19:37

Finch
rfc2001 What a dickhead and what a pointless thread. All the Reading fans on this forum are actual reading fans who support and watch reading for the enjoyment. Most fans on here watched reading back in days of league 2 ECT. If we do plummet down, then we have the enjoyment of watching our local team rebuild and climb the leagues again!

Like Swondon, Bradford, Leeds, Sheff Wed :lol:

you really are clutching at straws. sad thing is you see more reading games than liverpool games, but you love to mock us as and when it suits you. give liverpool your undying support, they need it currently.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 22 Jan 2012 19:38

No. It's probably not right to say I'll 'stop going' though considering the P/O final is the only game I've ever been to and even then I left at half time.

Finch

by Finch » 22 Jan 2012 19:43

And for the record, most people on here don't bother with the games.

specialjon

by specialjon » 22 Jan 2012 20:00

Friday's Legacy i couldn't care less what division we're in. i've always enjoyed a match day, a drink before and after the game, win, lose or draw. premier league was a great ride but i've had some terrific times in league one (old division 3).

coming from a liverpool fan who doesn't go to games, this is all a little bit sad isn't it?

+1 million

1871 Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by 1871 Royal » 22 Jan 2012 20:01

Friday's Legacy i couldn't care less what division we're in. i've always enjoyed a match day, a drink before and after the game, win, lose or draw. premier league was a great ride but i've had some terrific times in league one (old division 3).

I would like to agree with this post.