Back from the Game - 'boro

137 posts
dogzbollox

Back from the Game - 'boro

by dogzbollox » 25 Feb 2012 16:19

Although technically it's not back from the game for me - due to financial constraints etc. I wasn't there I did watch it on a dodgy P2P network (http://www.hahasport.com for those interested) after we scored the 1st goal the team did seem to settle, 'boro did have their moments it was a pretty solid performance from all concerned, back four were immense as (what is increasingly becoming) usual.. thoughts peeps?

Edited coz' Ive drunked 2L of Strongbow & can't spell...

East Stand Ste

Re: Back from the Game - 'boro

by East Stand Ste » 25 Feb 2012 16:21

This team is going up I tell ya!!! Sweet strike by Harte!

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 25 Feb 2012 16:22

epic FAIL, and IMHO pretty disrespectful of those who DID make the effort to trek up there to see a classic away win.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 25 Feb 2012 16:25

East Stand Ste This team is going up I tell ya!!! Sweet strike by Harte!

i really do think we can do it this season, although i think it will be the play-offs. lets up so (promotion that is).

we just need to hope the two above us start to wobble as the pressure increases, and also those below us, just to give us a cushion.

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 25 Feb 2012 16:26

PieEater epic FAIL, and IMHO pretty disrespectful of those who DID make the effort to trek up there to see a classic away win.

+1

buddy1983

by buddy1983 » 25 Feb 2012 16:29

Defend well today, great away win. we are going up :D

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 25 Feb 2012 16:29

Cracking take for the second goal. Curled into the lower right(from our view). Settled the team down and broke boro. Thankfully all boro seemed to want were on target stats. A crucial win (as they all are from here on in). I would have taken a draw from the start and tbh it looked like we would concede. Another solid performance in defence and another clean sheet. Points and +2 is very telling.
Roberts plays a very cute positional game. :mrgreen:
It was bloody cold and windy up here but did not have any effect inside the ground. Eventually I enjoyed that!!

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 25 Feb 2012 16:31

most of us saw it on our lappys, please ignore or close this thread until someone who actually attendeed the game can start one

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 25 Feb 2012 16:33

Errrr....

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Feb 2012 16:35

Friday's Legacy

i really do think we can do it this season, although i think it will be the play-offs. lets up so (promotion that is).

we just need to hope the two above us start to wobble as the pressure increases, and also those below us, just to give us a cushion.

Unless something changes we're going up. We're heading towards autos and even if we miss out on that the way we're playing and the experience from last year is perfectly set up to win the play offs. At the moment it's virtually impossible to score against us, let alone beat us.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 25 Feb 2012 16:39

Ian Royal
Friday's Legacy

Unless something changes we're going up. We're heading towards autos and even if we miss out on that the way we're playing and the experience from last year is perfectly set up to win the play offs. At the moment it's virtually impossible to score against us, let alone beat us.

i quite agree. in comparison to last season, we hit a run of good form with a very mediocre side and blew it on the day against the better side who played much more effective passing football. now i feel the roles have reversed. we look the most effective of the play-off placed side, and could yet pip saints or west ham to a top two finish. confidence is high an rightly so. very exciting.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 25 Feb 2012 16:43

I think we have to take at least 3 pts from the 2 games against Wet Sham & Saints to get top 2 if not more. No reason why we can't though.

How many points do we think is needed for auto. Looking like minimum of 85 right now.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 25 Feb 2012 16:47

I just can't see us catching Saints. Their remaining fixtures are a piece of p1ss & frankly they ought to get auto with that run in. West Ham however could be there for the taking.

RFCUK

by RFCUK » 25 Feb 2012 16:48

25 minutes until my train to Manchester comes, so I may as well contribute.

Typical performance if I am honest. Couldn't really see the first goal from our end, just saw the players celebrating so joined in.

I can't really remember any clear cut chances, apart from Roberts in the second half, but he went down and we all know what happened with the resulting free kick. Terrible atmosphere, or rather lack of atmosphere by both sets of fans, reminded me of a home game.

I know we keep saying 'another win from an average performance, wait til we step it up a gear', but I'm quite afraid as to whether or not we actually have another gear. Could be doomed in the playoffs if we stay like this.

Match ratings would go something like this

Feds 7
Harte 8
Gorks 7
Pearce 7
Connely 6 (Kebe seemed to be at right back more)
McAnuff 7 - Very dangerous with his vision and moving forward, but his final ball // shot was terrible
Legs 6
Karacan 6
Kebe 6
Hunt 7
Roberts 7 - first time I've seen him play and you can just see the experience he brings to the squad, brilliant judgement of balls and what to do off the ball

Obviously no subs to comment on.

Very happy with the three points and clean sheet and I'm hoping we can pick up another three at Millwall. Brum result went our way as did West Ham, so a bit of belief regarding automatic is creeping in. A long way to go yet though

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 25 Feb 2012 16:52

MmmMonsterMunch I think we have to take at least 3 pts from the 2 games against Wet Sham & Saints to get top 2 if not more. No reason why we can't though.

How many points do we think is needed for auto. Looking like minimum of 85 right now.

'greed. Psychologically, we wouldn't want to lose either away game vs West Ham or Southampton. A sturdy 0-0 at Southampton and a win at West Ham would go down very, very well. (Last game vs Brum could be a bum-clenching, toe curling, nail chewing nightmare, however!)

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 25 Feb 2012 16:53

RFCUK 25 minutes until my train to Manchester comes, so I may as well contribute.

Typical performance if I am honest. Couldn't really see the first goal from our end, just saw the players celebrating so joined in.

I can't really remember any clear cut chances, apart from Roberts in the second half, but he went down and we all know what happened with the resulting free kick. Terrible atmosphere, or rather lack of atmosphere by both sets of fans, reminded me of a home game.

I know we keep saying 'another win from an average performance, wait til we step it up a gear', but I'm quite afraid as to whether or not we actually have another gear. Could be doomed in the playoffs if we stay like this.

Feds 7
Harte 8
Gorks 7
Pearce 7
McAnuff 7 - Very dangerous with his vision and moving forward, but his final ball // shot was terrible
Legs 6
Karacan 6
Kebe 6
Hunt 7
Roberts 7 - first time I've seen him play and you can just see the experience he brings to the squad, brilliant judgement of balls and what to do off the ball

Very happy with the three points and clean sheet and I'm hoping we can pick up another three at Millwall. Brum result went our way as did West Ham, so a bit of belief regarding automatic is creeping in. A long way to go yet though

i think i prefered the OPs version

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 25 Feb 2012 16:55

Agent Balti
MmmMonsterMunch I think we have to take at least 3 pts from the 2 games against Wet Sham & Saints to get top 2 if not more. No reason why we can't though.

'greed. Psychologically, we wouldn't want to lose either away game vs West Ham or Southampton. A sturdy 0-0 at Southampton and a win at West Ham would go down very, very well. (Last game vs Brum could be a bum-clenching, toe curling, nail chewing nightmare, however!)

Looking at the table I can't see anything less than 84-85 being enough for 2nd spot. Possibly 86-87 might be needed. Saints look a shoe-in for auto IMO.

RFCUK

by RFCUK » 25 Feb 2012 16:56

Chaney
RFCUK 25 minutes until my train to Manchester comes, so I may as well contribute.

Feds 7
Harte 8
Gorks 7
Pearce 7
Legs 6
Karacan 6
Kebe 6
Hunt 7

i think i prefered the OPs version

Good for you. I prefer mine as I was there, but each to their own

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 25 Feb 2012 16:58

Feds 7
Harte 8
Gorks 7
Pearce 7
Legs 6
Karacan 6
Kebe 6
Hunt 7

Boy, is your glass half empty or what?

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 25 Feb 2012 17:00

yes but we saw the game on stream and it looked alot better than you desribe it.

137 posts