Report the ref/Leeds?

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

Report the ref/Leeds?

by Archie's penalty » 07 Apr 2012 09:53

I'm still fuming after yesterday. Is there anything that we as fans can do to complain about the referee/Leeds' dirty tactics? It was a throwback to the early days for me. Those kind of tactics just don't happen anymore. I don't normally get livid by a football game but that was deeply unpleasant. So what can we do?

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Report the ref/Leeds?

by MmmMonsterMunch » 07 Apr 2012 09:58

Laugh at Warnock & what a pcunt he is & the fact despite the disgusting display they put on we ended their play-off hopes completely (not that they had any anyway as they were sh1t).

Imagine how gutted you'd be as a fan if you had to endure that each week. Knowing your team are deliberately going out to maim others to get results rather than playing football. Would sour my love for the game a bit I think.

Football won out in the end luckily.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Report the ref/Leeds? T

by paultheroyal » 07 Apr 2012 10:04

Ref missed one bad challenge and the fact we went uncarded showed some respect from us as a team. Other big decisions he got right. Yes you can be picky about a challenge here, timekeeping there but we have had worse.

We won, we move on, get over it! Just be grateful we don't follow the Leeds / Warnock way.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 07 Apr 2012 10:08

I'm just gutted that Jem won't be on the pitch if we secure promotion. Very sad for him - he's been fantastic this season. :cry:

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 07 Apr 2012 10:10

just massive lol's at the Reading fans on here. First we post a thread about Nolans terrible behaviour :roll: and now we have another, wanting to report Leeds and their manager.

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 07 Apr 2012 10:15

MmmMonsterMunch I'm just gutted that Jem won't be on the pitch if we secure promotion. Very sad for him - he's been fantastic this season. :cry:

I get the feeling he'll make it on to the pitch after the final whistle :wink:

Cypry

by Cypry » 07 Apr 2012 10:22

paultheroyal Ref missed one bad challenge and the fact we went uncarded showed some respect from us as a team. Other big decisions he got right. Yes you can be picky about a challenge here, timekeeping there but we have had worse.

We won, we move on, get over it! Just be grateful we don't follow the Leeds / Warnock way.

Not so sure about one bad challenge....he missed one straight red, Pugh on Karacan, but he should almost certainly have booked Brown for his scissor tackle on Leigertwood, and then given him a second yellow for doing the same thing to Karacan which saw Jem having to be helped from the pitch...

I'm not sure that the sending off was really a straight red, probably more a yellow, but both Pugh and Brown should've played no part in the second half....

Feel sorry for Jem and it does concern me a touch as he's been so important to our recent run, but as others have said, that's football, games done and dusted now, and all we can focus on is Brighton on Tuesday, and hopefully we won't have to play Leeds, or Warnock next season, or in any other seasons soon....

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 07 Apr 2012 10:26

Archie's penalty I'm still fuming after yesterday. Is there anything that we as fans can do to complain about the referee/Leeds' dirty tactics? It was a throwback to the early days for me. Those kind of tactics just don't happen anymore. I don't normally get livid by a football game but that was deeply unpleasant. So what can we do?

I was still shaking when I got home. I appreciate that sounds ridiculous but I was fuming for 85 minutes. The tactics were disgusting. The nasty tackles deserved at least 2 reds, possibly 3. Then they went down at the slightest touch and stayed down for a long time each time. I honestly thought there was a sniper in the stands.

Leeds went into that game with a hope of reaching the play-offs, but they wasted time at every opportunity and never looked like a side that had anything to play for. If I was a Leeds fan I too would be angry at my sides tactics, time wasting, and lack of urgency to win the game!

They deserved nothing from the game and I'm glad they got nothing! Their season is over 5 games early. We just need to move on and focus on Brighton now.

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 07 Apr 2012 10:32

In all fairness the ref clearly didn't agree with the time added on by the 4th official as he added a fair bit of time beyond that indicated off his own bat. He did bottle the Pugh - Karacan tackle though

I think telling teacher is a bit much...

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 07 Apr 2012 10:35

Its little wonder many think our fans are a joke.

We are top of the table and people want to discuss "report nolan" "report the ref" "report leeds"

:roll:

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 07 Apr 2012 10:40

I thought it's the ref who decides the added time, not the fourth official?
Anyway, he was incompetent and way out of his depth.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 07 Apr 2012 10:48

urz13 I thought it's the ref who decides the added time, not the fourth official?

It is the ref.

How many minutes were indicated for the second half, as he played an additional eight?

I do think there should be an independent time-keeper, as refs are typically very bad at it. They also always blow at the first non-controversial moment past the minimum time too, rather than playing the actual time. If he adds on four minutes, the the first time the ball either goes out of play, or is just cleared upfield past 4 minutes, 9 times out 10, the ref will blow. They clearly just want to avoid blowing at a controversial moment, such as a few seconds before somebody scores.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 07 Apr 2012 10:50

Drysdale is a sergeant in the RAF, maybe we could get him courts marshalled and shot ??

Badger Finger
Hob Nob Regular

by Badger Finger » 07 Apr 2012 11:13

This
WoodleyRoyal just massive lol's at the Reading fans on here. First we post a thread about Nolans terrible behaviour :roll: and now we have another, wanting to report Leeds and their manager.

This
paultheroyal Ref missed one bad challenge and the fact we went uncarded showed some respect from us as a team. Other big decisions he got right. Yes you can be picky about a challenge here, timekeeping there but we have had worse.

and this
The Prisoner In all fairness the ref clearly didn't agree with the time added on by the 4th official as he added a fair bit of time beyond that indicated off his own bat. He did bottle the Pugh - Karacan tackle though

I think telling teacher is a bit much...

The Cube

by The Cube » 07 Apr 2012 11:16

The Prisoner In all fairness the ref clearly didn't agree with the time added on by the 4th official as he added a fair bit of time beyond that indicated off his own bat.

It is the referee who tells the fourth official what to display on the board. It will then be adjusted for things that happened after he told him, or during the added on time, or in practice (for some reason that I don't understand) to allow an attack to complete. Also if the referee intends to add on 3 minutes 30 seconds, the board will display 3.

Rusty royal

by Rusty royal » 07 Apr 2012 11:35

The Cube
The Prisoner In all fairness the ref clearly didn't agree with the time added on by the 4th official as he added a fair bit of time beyond that indicated off his own bat.

It is the referee who tells the fourth official what to display on the board. It will then be adjusted for things that happened after he told him, or during the added on time, or in practice (for some reason that I don't understand) to allow an attack to complete. Also if the referee intends to add on 3 minutes 30 seconds, the board will display 3.

I think you will find that the fourth official puts up the minimum time to be added on

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 07 Apr 2012 11:36

MmmMonsterMunch Laugh at Warnock & what a pcunt he is & the fact despite the disgusting display they put on we ended their play-off hopes completely (not that they had any anyway as they were sh1t).

Imagine how gutted you'd be as a fan if you had to endure that each week. Knowing your team are deliberately going out to maim others to get results rather than playing football. Would sour my love for the game a bit I think.

Football did not win out in the end as a player had his season ended thanks to that cheating scum Warnock and his bunch of thugs.

As for those saying 'we won, move on', will they be quite so dismissive should the injury to Jem and possibly others mean we don't secure automatic promotion.

As usual, the lifeblood of the game (the fans) can do so all about what happened but RFC should submit official complaints about Warnock, his team of thugs and the referee.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 07 Apr 2012 11:41

SouthDownsRoyal Its little wonder many think our fans are a joke.

We are top of the table and people want to discuss "report nolan" "report the ref" "report leeds"

:roll:

Personally I think those that just shrug off what they witnessed yesterday (many because 'we won') are the joke.

The fact that a good number are still incensed about what they saw, despite winning, gives an indication of how bad it was. And why shouldn't fans be angry when they see a player's season ended because of deliberate tactics adopted by the opposition and a referee who was incompetent beyond belief?
Ideal
howser Drysdale is a sergeant in the RAF, maybe we could get him courts marshalled and shot ??

Oh, I am just waiting for Ian Royal and the rest of the idiots to discover your comment, and chime in with their mindless drivel about how it "is completely out of order", and that you're "a cretin", and "imagine how offended all the people whose families have been court marshalled are" or some other bile.
Nevermind the fact that they have to be complete idiots to actually think you are serious, I'm not sure if they are pretending to be morons or if they really are that dumb..

Are you really that thick and pig ignorant?!

Your attempt to justify your previous outrageous remark is Warnockesque beyond belief!

You really think it is acceptable to not be serious about the holocaust and turn it into a joke?!

Thick and/or complete and utter low life. :twisted:
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 07 Apr 2012 11:47, edited 1 time in total.

79Royal

by 79Royal » 07 Apr 2012 11:42

WoodleyRoyal just massive lol's at the Reading fans on here. First we post a thread about Nolans terrible behaviour :roll: and now we have another, wanting to report Leeds and their manager.

If you go in hard enough to break a player's ankle, then you don't deserve to be on the pitch and should miss the next three matches too. At the very least, the FA should review Brown's challenge on Karacan, but I'd suggest they should also look at some of Pugh and Becchio's too. I've no problem with strong tackles and actually, both sides put in some really good tackles throuout the match. But you cannot defend their sending off, Pugh or Brown.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 07 Apr 2012 11:44

RoyalBlue
MmmMonsterMunch Laugh at Warnock & what a pcunt he is & the fact despite the disgusting display they put on we ended their play-off hopes completely (not that they had any anyway as they were sh1t).

Football did not win out in the end as a player had his season ended thanks to that cheating scum Warnock and his bunch of thugs.

As for those saying 'we won, move on', will they be quite so dismissive should the injury to Jem and possibly others mean we don't secure automatic promotion.

As usual, the lifeblood of the game (the fans) can do so all about what happened but RFC should submit official complaints about Warnock, his team of thugs and the referee.

What do you suggest we do then? Stand outside FA HQ with Karacan's ripped sock in protest?!

Nothing we can do just be thankful we probably won't face that again this season.