35%
No
65%

Total votes: 37
ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

Readings successive league wins at the start of a season

by ManchesterRoyals » 08 Oct 2012 18:21

Start to every season i always look out for this and wonder if the record will ever be beaten, i dont think it will, what u guys think?

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Readings successive league wins at the start of a season

by AbovetheI » 08 Oct 2012 21:32

No

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 08 Oct 2012 21:38

I vote for the apostrophe.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 09 Oct 2012 21:53

Yes, of course it will, and Spurs have proven it is possible to win more than 13 on the spin. It rarely happens, but just occasionally you get a set of circumstances that ensures that a team goes on a particular run, just like we didn't concede a goal for 1103 minutes in the 70's, just like we went on a 33 match unbeaten run, and just like we didn't win an away match in 14 attempts. At some point a number of minute variables will combine to ensure that a club goes on a 13+ match unbeaten run at the start of the season.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 09 Oct 2012 22:37

I never thought Steve Deaths record would be beaton. If Man City hadn't have drawn with Fulham last season they would have got close to it. One of the billionare clubs will do it one day. I can't see a football league club like we were when we did it doing it.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 09 Oct 2012 22:47

Nicely edited there JC!! :wink:

Edwin Van Der Saar, 1,311 minutes without conceding...... 2008/09

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 10 Oct 2012 08:44

Not in this day and age.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 10 Oct 2012 11:42

Mr Angry Nicely edited there JC!! :wink:

Srteve Death still holds the FL record 8)

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 10 Oct 2012 13:09

Mr Angry Nicely edited there JC!! :wink:

Thank you :o

Irvinchangeyaname

by Irvinchangeyaname » 10 Oct 2012 13:47

Reading4eva Not in this day and age.

Why not in this day and age?

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 10 Oct 2012 18:57

handbags_harris Yes, of course it will, and Spurs have proven it is possible to win more than 13 on the spin.

When? Far as I can see only 4 clubs have won more successive games than us - Arsenal, Man U, Bristol C, Preston NE - and only Arsenal in the last 60 years

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 10 Oct 2012 20:01

Getting one would do me this season.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 10 Oct 2012 20:32

SydenhamRoyal
handbags_harris Yes, of course it will, and Spurs have proven it is possible to win more than 13 on the spin.

When? Far as I can see only 4 clubs have won more successive games than us - Arsenal, Man U, Bristol C, Preston NE - and only Arsenal in the last 60 years

Hey, I had the 14 right :wink:

Turnball ACs

by Turnball ACs » 10 Oct 2012 21:35

ManchesterRoyals Start to every season i always look out for this and wonder if the record will ever be beaten, i dont think it will, what u guys think?

Newport away, what a game and what a day. My first away game. Wonderful. 13 wins will never be beat.

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 11 Oct 2012 21:51

handbags_harris
SydenhamRoyal

Hey, I had the 14 right :wink:

Confusing Spurs and Arsenal could get you in major trouble some places :shock:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 11 Oct 2012 22:09

Turnball ACs
ManchesterRoyals Start to every season i always look out for this and wonder if the record will ever be beaten, i dont think it will, what u guys think?

Newport away, what a game and what a day. My first away game. Wonderful. 13 wins will never be beat.

But were you at Lincoln away or were you just a glory hunter out for the day at Newport. :wink:

The Welsh population did look on in amazement as that coach convoy rolled into town!

What a shame that some of the TV workers were on strike so we got far less coverage than we deserved.

As for the record being beaten, l think we can thank the transfer window for making sure that is unlikely to happen. virtually every team will change over every summer and therefore the odds are against them hitting such a run of form straight from the start of the season. One thing is almost certain, we won't see a McDermott team beat it with his infamous slow starts!

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 12 Oct 2012 08:23

RoyalBlue
Turnball ACs

But were you at Lincoln away or were you just a glory hunter out for the day at Newport. :wink:

I was and was also at Bury in the fog to witness our first league defeat that season. 3-1 if memory serves. We were shocking.

Turnball ACs

by Turnball ACs » 12 Oct 2012 23:52

RoyalBlue
Turnball ACs

The Welsh population did look on in amazement as that coach convoy rolled into town!

What a shame that some of the TV workers were on strike so we got far less coverage than we deserved.

As for the record being beaten, l think we can thank the transfer window for making sure that is unlikely to happen. virtually every team will change over every summer and therefore the odds are against them hitting such a run of form straight from the start of the season. One thing is almost certain, we won't see a McDermott team beat it with his infamous slow starts!

Cheeky f@@k. Glory hunter my arse. Seen Reading now at approx 75 grounds. Everyone has to start somewhere, especially as a 9 yr old you muppet. Can you beat that? If so fair play, but don't have a dig at proper loyal supporters. Kok

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 17 Oct 2012 19:36

Record unlikely to be beaten in my view.

We had some amazing luck in some of the away games - remember seeing us murdered at Donny and Mark White sneaked a late one on a breakaway and then a similar thing at Brentford when Trevor Senior scored up our end in last minute.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 17 Oct 2012 23:17

Turnball ACs
RoyalBlue

Cheeky f@@k. Glory hunter my arse. Seen Reading now at approx 75 grounds. Everyone has to start somewhere, especially as a 9 yr old you muppet. Can you beat that? If so fair play, but don't have a dig at proper loyal supporters. Kok

I don't think you've understood the 'wink' smiley in RBs post. Not that I'd expect you too, what with you being a newbie....