Gorkss has got to go!!

murof

Gorkss has got to go!!

by murof » 26 Nov 2012 15:14

He is a complete liability and is nowhere near good enough to be playing in the premier league, too slow, too clumsy and gives the ball away 95% of the time with unforced errors. Why do you think he was sold off by QPR when they got promoted?

The defence needs to be seriously reinforced if we want to stay in this league, Shorey is doing OK, but he would definitely struggle against quick wingers. I hear Rafa Benitez wants to off load Ashley Cole at Chelsea - maybe Zingaravich needs to have a chat with Abramavich :D

Also, Robson-Kanu should only be used as a sub, again not good enough to start in this league. I think Brian thinks he owes him loyalty as he's been coaching him for for so long. And finally Jason Roberts needs to play for the team and not for himself, when he's playing with either Noel Hunt or LeFondre they can make a big impact, but I don't think he gives it his all unless there is glory in it for himself

super darren caskey
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Gorkss has got to go!!

by super darren caskey » 26 Nov 2012 15:19

I dont agree with your jason roberts comment.Hes always holding the ball up looking to bring others into play

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 26 Nov 2012 15:21

Gorkss should not be in the first team, a fair back up though. Hard work training, and only training may help, as opposed to "Hey Gorkss, you play how we want you to, so it doesn't matter if you play like crap".

Mr.T10

by Mr.T10 » 26 Nov 2012 15:24

I agree with Gorkss got to go... Utter useless. Pearce was always the stand out CB and I was surprised when he was dropped... due to contracts?
murof Shorey is doing OK

Just ok? He has been one of our best players and was arguably the best player on the pitch against Everton. He hardly puts a foot wrong and to be fair he has done well against fast wingers.

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 26 Nov 2012 15:26

Mr.T10 I agree with Gorkss got to go... Utter useless. Pearce was always the stand out CB and I was surprised when he was dropped... due to contracts?
murof Shorey is doing OK

Just ok? He has been one of our best players and was arguably the best player on the pitch against Everton. He hardly puts a foot wrong and to be fair he has done well against fast wingers.

Agreed. Made a few attacking ventures forward also.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 26 Nov 2012 15:30

murof

Also, Robson-Kanu should only be used as a sub, again not good enough to start in this league.

And finally Jason Roberts needs to play for the team and not for himself, when he's playing with either Noel Hunt or LeFondre they can make a big impact, but I don't think he gives it his all unless there is glory in it for himself

nonsense

nonsense

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 26 Nov 2012 15:34

melonhead
murof

Also, Robson-Kanu should only be used as a sub, again not good enough to start in this league.

And finally Jason Roberts needs to play for the team and not for himself, when he's playing with either Noel Hunt or LeFondre they can make a big impact, but I don't think he gives it his all unless there is glory in it for himself

nonsense

nonsense

You act like a child, people are allowed an opinion without the bollox response that you offer above.

HRK is clearly not Premier League quality on a consistent basis. He is built like a rugby player, can't cross and is unable to take his man on.

murof

by murof » 26 Nov 2012 15:36

Mr.T10 I agree with Gorkss got to go... Utter useless. Pearce was always the stand out CB and I was surprised when he was dropped... due to contracts?
murof Shorey is doing OK

Yes he is doing OK, very good a going forward but that is not his main duty which is defending which he struggles with, but yes he did have an exceptional game against Everton. Is it enough though to only have one really good game after twelve games?

murof

by murof » 26 Nov 2012 15:38

super darren caskey I dont agree with your jason roberts comment.Hes always holding the ball up looking to bring others into play

Watch the games more closely, yes he is great at holding up the ball, but he won't release the ball for anyone else, even if they are in a good scoring position unless he has time to get in a better position to go for a return and finish. He would rather the ball go out for a corner rather than try and setup a colleague to have a shot. If you watch the next game with this thought in your head you will see exactly what I mean.

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 26 Nov 2012 15:41

murof
super darren caskey I dont agree with your jason roberts comment.Hes always holding the ball up looking to bring others into play

Watch the games more closely, yes he is great at holding up the ball, but he won't release the ball for anyone else, even if they are in a good scoring position unless he has time to get in a better position to go for a return and finish. He would rather the ball go out for a corner rather than try and setup a colleague to have a shot. If you watch the next game with this thought in your head you will see exactly what I mean.

I don't think he's being greedy, just think he has a lack of quality and ability at this level.

super darren caskey
Hob Nob Regular

by super darren caskey » 26 Nov 2012 15:44

murof

You could say that about any forward.Nicky Forster got away with it for years here and scored 50 odd goals.Being greedy is what most strikers do but i wouldnt say Roberts is over greedy so much so that if affects our results
Last edited by super darren caskey on 26 Nov 2012 15:45, edited 1 time in total.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 26 Nov 2012 15:45

Lacoste
melonhead
murof

nonsense

nonsense

You act like a child, people are allowed an opinion without the bollox response that you offer above.

HRK is clearly not Premier League quality on a consistent basis. He is built like a rugby player, can't cross and is unable to take his man on.

:lol: says the poster whos just had a girly strop with me....

hes allowed an opinion

and im allowed mine, and that is both of those statements are nonsense.
roberts is the least selfish striker ive seen in ages. works incredibly hard, mainly to set up and bring others into the game.
HRK has scored 2, plus foced an own goal, and hes set up goals, in his limited game tiome so far

hes not my favourite winger, hes not our best winger, hes not a complete winger, but hes making a very good fist of looking like a premiere league winger, and is still improving al the time
personally i think hes got everything,strong, pacy, CAN cleary cross, and can get past people and just needs a little more consistency
but hes young, so that will come

JordCot

by JordCot » 26 Nov 2012 15:47

I've been impressed with HRK since he has come in. He deserved a chance with his impact off the bench and I feel like he has done enough (without being spectacular) to keep it. He is never the most dazzling but he gets the ball, tries to beat a man and then puts it in. I think him and shorey are working well together if HRK is surrounded he passes it back for shorey to whip it in. Its working a lot better than any of our play down the right

super darren caskey
Hob Nob Regular

by super darren caskey » 26 Nov 2012 15:47

Lacoste
murof

I don't think he's being greedy, just think he has a lack of quality and ability at this level.

Dont agree with that either.Hes one of our best players and shows that on the pitch.He has more than enough abilty to still cut it in the prem

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 26 Nov 2012 15:49

JordCot I've been impressed with HRK since he has come in. He deserved a chance with his impact off the bench and I feel like he has done enough (without being spectacular) to keep it. He is never the most dazzling but he gets the ball, tries to beat a man and then puts it in. I think him and shorey are working well together if HRK is surrounded he passes it back for shorey to whip it in. Its working a lot better than any of our play down the right

tbf to jobi- he was working well down that side too, its only since hes been swapped to the other side to cover kebes injury and allow HRK in that hes been utterly inneffective

Mr.T10

by Mr.T10 » 26 Nov 2012 15:51

murof
murof Shorey is doing OK

Yes he is doing OK, very good a going forward but that is not his main duty which is defending which he struggles with, but yes he did have an exceptional game against Everton. Is it enough though to only have one really good game after twelve games?

Disagree completely, he has been good all season and seen every game; Can't comment on Wigan game as didn't see it but from what I have heard majority of the blames are on Gorkss and Gunter which really let down the team "You are only as strong as your weakest link", Gorkss is bambi on ice.

My only frustration is his corners and a few free kicks but Harte was just as bad... Never beat the first man but he has put in some cracking balls lately due to the height of Morrison just need to get his head down quicker and direct it to goal. I am not saying he has been perfect but he has been better than ok for sure.

JordCot

by JordCot » 26 Nov 2012 15:52

melonhead
JordCot I've been impressed with HRK since he has come in. He deserved a chance with his impact off the bench and I feel like he has done enough (without being spectacular) to keep it. He is never the most dazzling but he gets the ball, tries to beat a man and then puts it in. I think him and shorey are working well together if HRK is surrounded he passes it back for shorey to whip it in. Its working a lot better than any of our play down the right

tbf to jobi- he was working well down that side too, its only since hes been swapped to the other side to cover kebes injury and allow HRK in that hes been utterly inneffective

Yeah that is true, he is far an away his most effective when on the left but it does somewhat restrict our play. Occasionally he will go on a run and beat a few players and look very good but when he doesn't it always results in him giving the ball away at least with HRK it usually ends in a cross which may or may not lead to a chance

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 26 Nov 2012 15:53

[/quote]Dont agree with that either.Hes one of our best players and shows that on the pitch.He has more than enough abilty to still cut it in the prem[/quote]

As he has shown in previous seasons in the Prem. :lol:

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 26 Nov 2012 15:54

i think theyre both decent, both have plus and minus points, happy to play either

problem comes in playing only one of them, as it means one of them is hamstrung on the side hes no good on.

Royalclapper
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalclapper » 26 Nov 2012 15:58

Trouble is, if we think Roberts is going to be a full match - every match premier league striker, then we're done for.

He is a good quality player and I don't agree with the grabber comments, but no way should we be thinking that's our main threat.