Injury updates please?

Woolly68

Injury updates please?

by Woolly68 » 09 Dec 2012 18:39

Whether Brian goes or not, we will only have the same group of players until January. I would love us to make a few changes for Sunderland, however with out injury list getting longer and longer a fear not.

Has anybody got any news on our injured players and when they will be fit again?

Jem - I spoke to him after the Man Utd game and he told me he would be back for Soton?
Gunter - Missed Villa with hamstring injury.
Kebe ????
Morrison... Worried about him
Guthrie - McDermott said he wasn't fit enough to come on ( whys he on the bench then?!
Pog ???

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Injury updates please?

by windermere_royal » 09 Dec 2012 18:44

Kebe was available for Tuesday but now he has a runny nose that will put him out for another 4 games.

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 09 Dec 2012 18:49

I think you will find that Kebe has recovered from his runny nose and now, unfortuately has tummy ache which will probably keep him off school for a few days more....

BraisingsteakRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by BraisingsteakRoyal » 10 Dec 2012 08:56

Morrison is an injury worry.

As in, he's worried about an injury ruining his chances of a January move so has faked a minor injury.

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 10 Dec 2012 08:59

Morrison tweeted last night saying it's not as serious as first thought

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 10 Dec 2012 09:24

McDermott said after Saturdays game that Pog definitely won't be fit for Sunderland

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 10 Dec 2012 09:34

Haag Royal I think you will find that Kebe has recovered from his runny nose and now, unfortuately has tummy ache which will probably keep him off school for a few days more....

I heard he had a tickly cough that could sideline him until we start winning again.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 10 Dec 2012 11:20

OS says the following

Morrison is unknown at this point in time but is NOT expected to be fit for the trip to Sunderland.

Elsewhere, Jem Karacan has begun light training after suffering knee ligament damage in our clash with Liverpool earlier in the season, whilst Jimmy Kebe and Pavel Pogrebnyak are also receiving treatment – with the Russian striker having picked up knock in a friendly clash with Stevenage earlier in the week.

McCarthy is out for quite possibly the entire season with a shoulder problem that was operated on last week.

As far as I can see there are no other injury concerns at this point in time, so I am even more confused by Brian saying Guthrie wasn't fit enough to play (so - as has been mentioned - what the hell is he on the bench for then yet another argument for the BM "has lost it" camp)

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 10 Dec 2012 11:33

Don't worry though. We've got Domz Samuel.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 10 Dec 2012 13:30

Barry the bird boggler OS says the following

Morrison is unknown at this point in time but is NOT expected to be fit for the trip to Sunderland.

Elsewhere, Jem Karacan has begun light training after suffering knee ligament damage in our clash with Liverpool earlier in the season, whilst Jimmy Kebe and Pavel Pogrebnyak are also receiving treatment – with the Russian striker having picked up knock in a friendly clash with Stevenage earlier in the week.

McCarthy is out for quite possibly the entire season with a shoulder problem that was operated on last week.

As far as I can see there are no other injury concerns at this point in time, so I am even more confused by Brian saying Guthrie wasn't fit enough to play (so - as has been mentioned - what the hell is he on the bench for then yet another argument for the BM "has lost it" camp)

didnt say he wasnt fit enough, just said hed only played 45 mins in the reserves so he chose to bring on someone lese

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 10 Dec 2012 14:07

So this will be the acid test for McD, with Morrison missing does he bring back the out of sorts Gorkss or bring in the out of favour Pearce?

murof

by murof » 10 Dec 2012 15:20

windermere_royal So this will be the acid test for McD, with Morrison missing does he bring back the out of sorts Gorkss or bring in the out of favour Pearce?

Anyone but effin Gorks!!

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 10 Dec 2012 16:16

melonhead
Barry the bird boggler OS says the following

didnt say he wasnt fit enough, just said hed only played 45 mins in the reserves so he chose to bring on someone lese

It's conceivable he might have been used to slow the game down for the last 15-20 minutes if we were winning, but not much use for chasing for an equaliser.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 10 Dec 2012 17:26

I have to say some of the stick Brian gets is well out of order. One criticism is that he had Guthrie on the bench who should not have been there if he was not match fit - but according to my calculations we only had 19 players available for selection (assuming just two keepers are selected) and this includes Gunnar - who is unlikely to play apart from in dire emergency and Gorkks (who is way off form). So he put in Samuel instead of Gunnar or Gorkks - which is understandable and gives the lad experience of a match day, even if he was never going to get on the pitch. And by including Guthrie he has started to reintegrate him with the rest of the squad.

We have a first team squad of 26. Church is on loan and Pog, Kebe, Karacan, McCarthy and Gunter are injured - as I say that leaves 19 excluding our third choice keeper.

Now that Morrison is injured that drops to 18 available on Tuesday including Guthrie, Gunnar and Gorkks. We have been very unlucky with injuries this season to be fair.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 10 Dec 2012 17:55

good point

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 10 Dec 2012 21:03

Latest Kebe update is that he was recovering well from his previous ailments but was just heard to sneeze and has immediately ruled himself out until at least the beginning of February or until we find an easy team to play.

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 10 Dec 2012 21:19

Just seen Sean Morrison in the Oracle still on crutches and leg strapped up. Definitely not in tomorrow but can't believe he'll make the weekend either.

Had to tell my son to stop staring at this big bloke at the ticket machine. Then realised it was him.

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 10 Dec 2012 21:29

UpThePrem Just seen Sean Morrison in the Oracle still on crutches and leg strapped up. Definitely not in tomorrow but can't believe he'll make the weekend either.

He'll be alright for Monday then! :lol:

Or maybe Wenger already has it written into his contract that he can't play against them!

marcusopp

Injured players

by marcusopp » 14 Dec 2012 10:46

Here's a list of our injured players (feel free to update if i've missed any).
It's a big loss to any club, and has made McD's job almost impossible;

McCarthy
Karacan
Kebe
Pogbregyak
Pearce (just returned)

All of those would be in our 1st XI if available.
I'm also sure Leigertwood is carrying some kind of injury with his recent form.
Those guys back in and we'll be earning regular points i'm sure.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Injured players

by Snowball » 14 Dec 2012 10:49

Morisson