We Move On

123 posts
Biscuit_Boy

We Move On

by Biscuit_Boy » 17 Dec 2012 22:33

Just heard Radio Berkshire interview with Brian. It took a while, but his last comment was 'we move on'. Priceless :)

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

Re: We Move On

by SPARTA » 17 Dec 2012 22:34

I wish he would.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 17 Dec 2012 22:35

People saw 7 goals at Madejski Stadium again..... :lol: :lol:

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 17 Dec 2012 22:37

Havent heard that one... probably the most overused phrase. Maybe this time he will be out of luck of "moving on"

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 17 Dec 2012 22:39

Why don`t he just piss off with that damn stupid useless phrase.

working class hero

by working class hero » 17 Dec 2012 22:41

What do you people want from BM?
He has to cut a coat from the cloth provided. He seems to have little cash in the Summer, and I suspect will have little in January. AZ may want to spend but his Dad didn't become a billionaire by wasting millions on foibles. Zingarevich pulled out of a previous purchase and I suspect regrets buying AZ his shiny hooped toy.
No manager will keep us up without a truckload of cash [and even then it is unlikely].

I rate BM highly and hope he is still here when we rebuild next season. Conversely I hope Pog / Guthrie / Roberts have all been sold.

Pog is to RFC what Shevchenko wasto CFC... an albatross brought in by a bloody Russian owner.

RFC are a little club. We will be so for a long time and we need to build slow and steady. Some of you cannot remember the 3rd and 4th tiers in which we struggled. Be grateful for last season, appreciate this, and look forward to next.

If you cannot gain perspective then go away and support Chelsea.

savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 17 Dec 2012 22:41

We move on to play Citeh with 4-4-2 :lol:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Dec 2012 22:44

Did he try and say it's a great time to be a Reading fan again? Did he make some sort of comment about us playing some really good football (per-game that had me really worried for his sanity) and the fans sticking with it and enjoying it.

The result was so predictable that the fans didn't seem to really muster much of a boo, despite it being McDermott's sixth straight defeat.

W0, D0, L6, F7, A17

Christ that's pathetic.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 17 Dec 2012 22:45

SPARTA I wish he would.

Surprised you didn't post that 'funny' picture of the playstation controller again.

Royal Dee

by Royal Dee » 17 Dec 2012 22:51

We Move On... to the championship

Kebe is our Messi

by Kebe is our Messi » 17 Dec 2012 22:53

Why is everyone blaming mcdermott?

If you look into some quotes of Brians previous interviews, he says he spent his budget. Now that was anything between 4-8 million, by far the lowest in the league. Brian did his absolute best getting a balanced squad with that budget. The person (or people) we should be blaming here are zingaravich. So far they have talked the talk but hardly invested anything substantial into the playing squad. If they were serious about staying up then we would have been spending a much more significant amount of money.

Brian is doing his best with what he has had to work with. The squad isnt good enough, he knows that and we know that. Zingaravich is to blame in my opinion. Anyone who jumps on mcdermotts back needs to get their facts right.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 17 Dec 2012 22:54

Mocking the bloke is a bit much tbh. Over a decade of good service and some recent very decent achievements.

Esteban

by Esteban » 17 Dec 2012 23:01

floyd__streete Mocking the bloke is a bit much tbh. Over a decade of good service and some recent very decent achievements.

This 100%. Took an average squad to the brink of promotion and then an arguably worse one to the Championship title. In the summer it was a case of spend tens of millions and start again or spend a little, do your best and live with the consequences.

I feel sorry for Brian, he didn't have a chance in hell of keeping us in the league and yet he's got to take the heat for it.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 17 Dec 2012 23:06

working class hero What do you people want from BM?
He has to cut a coat from the cloth provided. He seems to have little cash in the Summer, and I suspect will have little in January. AZ may want to spend but his Dad didn't become a billionaire by wasting millions on foibles. Zingarevich pulled out of a previous purchase and I suspect regrets buying AZ his shiny hooped toy.
No manager will keep us up without a truckload of cash [and even then it is unlikely].

I rate BM highly and hope he is still here when we rebuild next season. Conversely I hope Pog / Guthrie / Roberts have all been sold.

Pog is to RFC what Shevchenko wasto CFC... an albatross brought in by a bloody Russian owner.

RFC are a little club. We will be so for a long time and we need to build slow and steady. Some of you cannot remember the 3rd and 4th tiers in which we struggled. Be grateful for last season, appreciate this, and look forward to next.

If you cannot gain perspective then go away and support Chelsea.

Why don't you go and support Rochdale with your small club affection and mentality?

He had significant (in RFC terms) cash in the summer and wasted virtually all of it. He then proceeded to fall out with his two big money signings when he suddenly realised they didn't suit his hoofball tactics.

Kebe is our Messi Why is everyone blaming mcdermott?

If you look into some quotes of Brians previous interviews, he says he spent his budget. Now that was anything between 4-8 million, by far the lowest in the league. Brian did his absolute best getting a balanced squad with that budget. The person (or people) we should be blaming here are zingaravich. So far they have talked the talk but hardly invested anything substantial into the playing squad. If they were serious about staying up then we would have been spending a much more significant amount of money.

Brian is doing his best with what he has had to work with. The squad isnt good enough, he knows that and we know that. Zingaravich is to blame in my opinion. Anyone who jumps on mcdermotts back needs to get their facts right.

What evidence is there that you have got your facts right? McDermott now says he needs players with experience of playing in the PL so why did he waste funds on the likes of Gunter, Mariappa and McCleary and why won't he play the players that have got PL experience?
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 17 Dec 2012 23:10, edited 1 time in total.

Madstad to Nadderud

by Madstad to Nadderud » 17 Dec 2012 23:07

The football is boring. It wasn't that great when the team got promoted last season. We won many games with not playing well. I remember Brian saying often that the team had not found their gear. We are a poor side and should not be in the premiership. This can't carry on despite we're going down because this boring style of play needs a new lick of paint. Move on is definit
ely the words.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 17 Dec 2012 23:08

Alan Partridge People saw 7 goals at Madejski Stadium again..... :lol: :lol:

He said it like we should be happy too. :|

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 17 Dec 2012 23:10

SLAMMED
SPARTA I wish he would.

Surprised you didn't post that 'funny' picture of the playstation controller again.

:?

Legs got another 90 minutes.
McAnuff played in the middle.
We hoofed and poofed.

:D

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 17 Dec 2012 23:10

RoyalBlue Why don't you go and support Rochdale with your small club affection and mentality?

He had significant (in RFC terms) cash in the summer and wasted virtually all of it. He then proceeded to fall out with his two big money signings when he suddenly realised they didn't suit his hoofball tactics.

I'm thankful I don't have to suffer going to football with you. I bet you're a right laugh in the pub.

Biscuit_Boy

by Biscuit_Boy » 17 Dec 2012 23:11

I do think he's progressing now tactically. There was a huge problem of us taken the lead and losing it (we lost 17 points apparently from winning positions). We just let the other team score first and lose anyway. Issue resolved. Do don't think they sit round doing nothing and not tweaking the master plan.

jellytot

by jellytot » 17 Dec 2012 23:19

That would be the name of the final chapter in Brian's book 'and we move on'. Classic novel "How to get reading relegated with no style" puffin £4.99

123 posts