Who's getting paid what?

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

Who's getting paid what?

by Archie's penalty » 03 Jan 2013 13:42

After reading the Pearce thread I was shocked to find Afeds on apparently 35k a week so I thought I'd get this going. What do we reckon the players are on?

From what I've heard/can guess

Pog 40k
Afed 35k
Guthrie 30k
Kebe 25k
Roberts 25k
Shorey 25k

The rest under 20k?

Would be genuinely interested if people knew more...

Btw I recently discovered the average championship player is on 4.5k a week. So if we go down we're going to have a massive wage bill even if our wages are very small in comparison to the prem

(average wage in the prem 22.5 k a week).

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

Re: Who's getting paid what?

by Alexander Litvinenko » 03 Jan 2013 13:46

Will post more when I get home later and have some figure to hand. Don't have info on individual players but I have it for aggregate wages bill - for us and other teams for comparison.

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 03 Jan 2013 13:47

Could be worse could be QPR

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular

by Alexander Litvinenko » 03 Jan 2013 13:49

This is worth looking at :

With compliments to The Swiss Ramble - full article, highly recommended is here : http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/reading-fc-dear-prudence.html

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 03 Jan 2013 13:51

bloody hell Dirkers ;) I'll still leave this here from the same article!

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 03 Jan 2013 13:57

I think the poor old catering staff are still on minimum wage.

moonwalklikebas

by moonwalklikebas » 03 Jan 2013 14:02

Should have listened at school.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 03 Jan 2013 14:11

The notable things from me, re-reading that is that the wage bill more than doubled between 06 and 07, despite only really adding Halford, Duberry, Seol & De La Cruz.

Also the fact that our wage bill in the last play-off final season was 50% higher than it was when we won the league in 05/06. :shock:

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 03 Jan 2013 14:13

Alexander Litvinenko This is worth looking at :

With compliments to The Swiss Ramble - full article, highly recommended is here : http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/reading-fc-dear-prudence.html

Great article Dirk, cheers!

noelgallagher

by noelgallagher » 03 Jan 2013 14:15

From royalties alone I earn £1.2 mil a year.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 03 Jan 2013 14:22

Wimb The notable things from me, re-reading that is that the wage bill more than doubled between 06 and 07, despite only really adding Halford, Duberry, Seol & De La Cruz.

Also the fact that our wage bill in the last play-off final season was 50% higher than it was when we won the league in 05/06. :shock:

Lots of new contracts for existing players and salary increases for those who already had that in their existing contracts.

The extra wages in the play off year, compared to 05/06, probably show the effect the Premier League was still having on our finances. Interesting to note that the revenue pretty similarily effected too.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 03 Jan 2013 14:23

Hoop Blah
Wimb The notable things from me, re-reading that is that the wage bill more than doubled between 06 and 07, despite only really adding Halford, Duberry, Seol & De La Cruz.

Lots of new contracts for existing players and salary increases for those who already had that in their existing contracts.

The extra wages in the play off year, compared to 05/06, probably show the effect the Premier League was still having on our finances. Interesting to note that the revenue pretty similarily effected too.

Ineed, seem to remember the solidarity payment also went up around 10/11, though that might have been for last year?

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 03 Jan 2013 15:08

Alexander Litvinenko This is worth looking at :

is the loss of 5.4 million last year antons money in jan? or is that before it happened.

also- oxf*rd ever running a football club this size.
tiny profits at best if you run sensibly. big losses if you in any way try and go for it.

interesting to see that blackpool tried to keep their wage bill/spending sensible. and also went down

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 03 Jan 2013 15:13

Think that's the 2010/11 accounts so it will be before TSI invested. We should be seeing those accounts in the next few weeks actually, Everton and Wigan are two clubs to have released theirs in recent days.

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular

by Alexander Litvinenko » 03 Jan 2013 15:13

melonhead is the loss of 5.4 million last year antons money in jan? or is that before it happened.

also- oxf*rd ever running a football club this size.
tiny profits at best if you run sensibly. big losses if you in any way try and go for it.

interesting to see that blackpool tried to keep their wage bill/spending sensible. and also went down

The loss of £5.4M is for the Wembley play-off season.

I think Blackpool just said "we can't afford to compete, if we stay up that's a bonus" and so didn't even try. Interestingly, their owner did take £11M of the excess money out on the club http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2109838/Owen-Oyston-paid-11m-Blackpool-relegated-Nick-Harris.html. But then again, why not, he'd put far more millions in over the years so why can't he have his debts paid up?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 03 Jan 2013 15:23

melonhead also- oxf*rd ever running a football club this size.

You have to do it for the love and glory of the game really. There isn't any money to be made in it unless you rip a club apart, and even then I can't think there's much to be made.

The alternative, perhaps modern way, is that you use it as a very expensive PR machine.

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular

by Alexander Litvinenko » 03 Jan 2013 15:27

Hoop Blah

You have to do it for the love and glory of the game really. There isn't any money to be made in it unless you rip a club apart, and even then I can't think there's much to be made.

The alternative, perhaps modern way, is that you use it as a very expensive PR machine.

Any size, really. At whatever level you'll be needing to subsidise things just to stay where you are - and if you don't throw your own money at it you get abused left right and centre for "not having ambition."

And the worst thing you can do if you want to run finances in a sensible and controllable way is to get either promoted or relegated - every change of level brings a host of problems. Worst of all, of course, is doing both in quick succession.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 03 Jan 2013 15:47

Hoop Blah

think the only way is to take smaller clubs, run them sensibly, grow their infrastructure and profile over a long period, and sell at the correct time

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 03 Jan 2013 15:51

melonhead
Hoop Blah

think the only way is to take smaller clubs, run them sensibly, grow their infrastructure and profile over a long period, and sell at the correct time

As Dirkers himself posted on The Tilehurst End a while back...

http://www.thetilehurstend.com/2011/04/ ... art-three/

Esteban

by Esteban » 03 Jan 2013 15:53

Somebody somewhere needs to find a new business model for football. Those figures are frightening.