I now actually hope.....

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

I now actually hope.....

by floyd__streete » 22 Mar 2013 13:56

...that we go down. No more than we deserve as a club. On every level. For treating a long-serving club employee so shabbily. For playing some truly horrific football. For chatting rubbish about signing proven Premier League quality and then not delivering. For the supporters who cheered ironically when Leigertwood was substituted.

Zingarevich. The players. McDermott. The fans. You all deserve to be relegated.

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

Re: I now actually hope.....

by PistolPete » 22 Mar 2013 14:02

I think there was a thread or two you might have used instead.

surrounded by saints

by surrounded by saints » 22 Mar 2013 14:03

floyd__streete ...that we go down. No more than we deserve as a club. On every level. For treating a long-serving club employee so shabbily. For playing some truly horrific football. For chatting rubbish about signing proven Premier League quality and then not delivering. For the supporters who cheered ironically when Leigertwood was substituted.

spot on mate!

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 22 Mar 2013 14:03

PistolPete I think there was a thread or two you might have used instead.

fLOLyd Streete in look at me shocker

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 22 Mar 2013 14:10

joeroyal

by joeroyal » 22 Mar 2013 14:15

floyd__streete ...that we go down. No more than we deserve as a club. On every level. For treating a long-serving club employee so shabbily. For playing some truly horrific football. For chatting rubbish about signing proven Premier League quality and then not delivering. For the supporters who cheered ironically when Leigertwood was substituted.

No need for hope , thats where we are going Championship here we come

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 22 Mar 2013 14:20

None more so than you. What a ridiculous thread.

TTC

by TTC » 22 Mar 2013 14:25

How was McDermott treat shabbily? He was sacked because we are second bottom of the league and he didn't bring in good enough players during 2 transfer windows.

Everything else I agree with, but being sacked and having a 6 figure settlement isn't really being shabbily treat is it? I'd get sacked happily if my boss gave me a 6 figure settlement. :mrgreen:

Jinx

by Jinx » 22 Mar 2013 14:29

Usually a good poster Floyd, but what a load of bollocks.

joeroyal

by joeroyal » 22 Mar 2013 14:30

TTC

How was McDermott treat shabbily? He was sacked because we are second bottom of the league and he didn't bring in good enough players during 2 transfer windows.

Everything else I agree with, but being sacked and having a 6 figure settlement isn't really being shabbily treat is it? I'd get sacked happily if my boss gave me a 6 figure settlement. :mrgreen:

Nice work if you can get it Mcd is not worth 6 quid Should have gone Xmas time

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 22 Mar 2013 14:30

So basically everyone's to blame apart from you?

moonwalklikebas

by moonwalklikebas » 22 Mar 2013 14:32

Yes,

in 99% of jobs if you get sacked you dont get the remainder of your contract or year paid up?
If your in a job and underperforming you are going to come under some pressure, he couldnt handle that pressure of having money to spend for one. All jobs in football are at the end of the day jobs, it shouldnt be looked at in other way.

p.s you could have easily have put this a number of other threads!!

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 22 Mar 2013 14:40

Was he underperforming or should Reading expect to be in the bottom three?

TTC

by TTC » 22 Mar 2013 14:49

Maguire Was he underperforming or should Reading expect to be in the bottom three?

With the squad we had yes- but McD said the team that got him up were good enough for the Premiership. He banged on about buying proven premiership talent, but only signed Stephen Kelly and the Pog which had experience (not including Guthrie cos he's not played hardly). Spent a fortune on Gunter who is awful, McCleary who has done very little, Carrico who has hardly played, Guthrie who's been like Kevin the teenager. Bad signings cost McD his job- the only thing I will say is that it should have cost Hammonds job too.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 22 Mar 2013 14:53

TTC
Maguire Was he underperforming or should Reading expect to be in the bottom three?

With the squad we had yes- but McD said the team that got him up were good enough for the Premiership. He banged on about buying proven premiership talent, but only signed Stephen Kelly and the Pog which had experience (not including Guthrie cos he's not played hardly). Spent a fortune on Gunter who is awful, McCleary who has done very little, Carrico who has hardly played, Guthrie who's been like Kevin the teenager. Bad signings cost McD his job- the only thing I will say is that it should have cost Hammonds job too.

Indeed, we should now be looking for a Director of Football as well as a Manager. On current progress that wouldn't present too much of a problem. We have, as someone else wisely commented earlier, 8 days.

madreadingfan

by madreadingfan » 22 Mar 2013 14:56

bigmike
PistolPete I think there was a thread or two you might have used instead.

fLOLyd Streete in look at me shocker

+1

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 22 Mar 2013 14:58

Rumpole Floyd is the only true premiership-class moaner we have. He's the only one that deserves to remain in his own personal hell in this poxy league.

I'm a better moaner, but I choose not to express it.

Colin Cheeselog

by Colin Cheeselog » 22 Mar 2013 15:02

floyd__streete Zingarevich. The players. McDermott. The fans. You all deserve to be relegated.

Why. Me. What. Have. I. Done. Wrong?

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 22 Mar 2013 16:01

moonwalklikebas Yes,

in 99% of jobs if you get sacked you dont get the remainder of your contract or year paid up?
If your in a job and underperforming you are going to come under some pressure, he couldnt handle that pressure of having money to spend for one. All jobs in football are at the end of the day jobs, it shouldnt be looked at in other way.

p.s you could have easily have put this a number of other threads!!

if you are on a time confined contract, then id imagine pretty nmuch all of them would get their contract payed up
did he have money to spend?

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 22 Mar 2013 16:02

TTC

he didnt bang on about it, he mentioned it in two interviews with loads of caveats about it being very hard to bring those kinds of players to a club like reading, in our position.