McDermott Hits Back

138 posts
Wipped
Location: If happy ever after did exist, I'd still be holding you like this

McDermott Hits Back

by Wipped » 18 Apr 2013 21:11

http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/sport ... criticism/

So it sounds like Anton didn't give us enough last summer, which I think he admitted as much anyway, but we were prepared to in January, although it sounds like (if this is true) we baulked at the fees and/or wages.

Whatever, I hope Anton has learnt he can't do it on the cheap!

Jay o/

Re: McDermott Hits Back

by Jay o/ » 18 Apr 2013 21:13

it's not really news tbh.

AZ said 'we' didn't do enough in the summer, but he did say BM should have done more in Jan. BM obviously thinks he did all he could as the manager and the rest was up to nicky hammond and anton.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 18 Apr 2013 21:14

What an absolute moron, he's changing what he said months ago about last summer and again said we signed more than anyone apart from Newcastle - he might have half a leg to stand on if he hadn't alienated half his signings this season by not using them properly. I hope he fails miserably at Leeds.

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

by St. Brynjar » 18 Apr 2013 21:16

'All credit to Anton for trying'

Not really hitting back. Staying respectful and keeping integrity, exactly what we'd expect.

Divvy

by Divvy » 18 Apr 2013 21:16

Hang on, BM says he spent all of his budget, but he then says he also wanted Sig and Ince. Clearly he didn't spend it all then.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 18 Apr 2013 21:16

Who. Gives. A. Fuck.

We've moved on, he's moved on, time for HNA to move on.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 18 Apr 2013 21:17

Divvy Hang on, BM says he spent all of his budget, but he then says he also wanted Sig and Ince. Clearly he didn't spend it all then.

Exactly :|

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 18 Apr 2013 21:21

He's pretty clearly saying that he spent all of his summer budget, which we knew anyway. He then says that Anton put his money where his mouth is in January but for whatever reason the deals McD wanted couldn't be done, which we knew anyway.

McDermott wasn't sacked for not spending, he was sacked because of the poor football and poor results. The money he did spend was on players not good enough to get in the 11, not fit, or not comfortable playing the way we play.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 18 Apr 2013 21:23

Pretty obvious that the entire budget part refers to the Summer transfer window.

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 18 Apr 2013 21:31

Royalee What an absolute moron, he's changing what he said months ago about last summer and again said we signed more than anyone apart from Newcastle - he might have half a leg to stand on if he hadn't alienated half his signings this season by not using them properly. I hope he fails miserably at Leeds.

Yeah, Brian's a moron. What a pcunt etc. etc. Really, I don't know what kind of miserable existence you lead but saying "I hope he fails miserably at Leeds" makes me wonder whether you might be a closet psycho.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 18 Apr 2013 21:35

Para Handy
Royalee What an absolute moron, he's changing what he said months ago about last summer and again said we signed more than anyone apart from Newcastle - he might have half a leg to stand on if he hadn't alienated half his signings this season by not using them properly. I hope he fails miserably at Leeds.

Yeah, Brian's a moron. What a pcunt etc. etc. Really, I don't know what kind of miserable existence you lead but saying "I hope he fails miserably at Leeds" makes me wonder whether you might be a closet psycho.

Closet Psycho?
Last edited by sandman on 18 Apr 2013 21:43, edited 2 times in total.

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 18 Apr 2013 21:35

I'm not bothered what he has to say any more. Its all about supporting Nigel.

Brian should just shut up and get on with his Leeds job. I want to see him do well, but not well enough to get promoted because I hate Leeds.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 Apr 2013 21:37

Royal91 I'm not bothered what he has to say any more. Its all about supporting Nigel.

Brian should just shut up and get on with his Leeds job. I want to see him do well, but not well enough to get promoted because I hate Leeds.
You dont want to hear the other side of the story then?

I do

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 18 Apr 2013 21:38

sandman
Para Handy

Closet Psycho?

'greed he's a twat. Royalee that is. I'm trying to be nice after being bollocked by half of HNA's equivalent of the Chuckle brothers.

mathematically_safe
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: keeping wicket for the quakers in my joy division oven gloves

by mathematically_safe » 18 Apr 2013 21:42

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 18 Apr 2013 21:44

AthleticoSpizz
Royal91 I'm not bothered what he has to say any more. Its all about supporting Nigel.

You dont want to hear the other side of the story then?

I do

That aren't two sides to the story though...they're both saying the same thing with various quotes being manipulated by rubbish journalists.

City of London Royal

by City of London Royal » 18 Apr 2013 21:58

St. Brynjar 'All credit to Anton for trying'

Not really hitting back. Staying respectful and keeping integrity, exactly what we'd expect.

Yep a touch of sensationalism in the OP there.

Wipped
Location: If happy ever after did exist, I'd still be holding you like this

by Wipped » 18 Apr 2013 22:25

City of London Royal
St. Brynjar 'All credit to Anton for trying'

Yep a touch of sensationalism in the OP there.

In the article you mean.

City of London Royal

by City of London Royal » 18 Apr 2013 22:41

No, I very much meant the OP. They may not be his words, but he's repeating them and bringing them to our attention, and certainly not refuting them (although did concede a "(if this is true)" tbf)

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 18 Apr 2013 23:08

TBF he didn't spend it that well. Seen a few clips of him on SSN lately - he just looks well...a bit odd. Like he is trying to act the 'big man' yet inside is sh1tting a brick.

Still I wish him well. Leeds ain't giving him fcuk all money - that's why they hired him. Personally I like the fact Adkins will ask for cash - FTR I think Anton will give it.

138 posts