BFTG - Rotherham - Sponsored by Steve Evans Big White shirt

136 posts
PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

BFTG - Rotherham - Sponsored by Steve Evans Big White shirt

by PieEater » 04 Nov 2014 22:22

Well that was a much better performance.

Adkins changed the defence with Ferdinand actually looking OK and winning headers, not sure why he came off at half time but they were going to bring him off just at the end of the half. Kelly had a solid game, and Gunter looked much better with Obita in front of him helping him out.

For the first half hour things were pretty tight with the Millers looking quite tidy in possession but creating nothing.
Then we scored and could have had 2 more if it wasn't for two fine saves from their keeper.

Second half was more of the same with us occasionally playing some nice stuff and their defence giving us time in the box to score two more. All 3 goals were pretty decent strikes.

The ref was consistently shit, but fortunately didn't conspire to affect the result.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: BFTG - Rotherham - Sponsored by Steve Evans Big White sh

by PieEater » 04 Nov 2014 22:29

Some more thoughts, Mackie was again the MOTM, he had a cracking game and took his goal well.

Cox played pretty well, he always looked hungry for the ball scored 2 great goals. He seems to link well with Murray and there's a good understanding hatching. At one up I don't know why we slow it down, almost waiting for the inevitable defensive cock up, but you could see the confidence going forward after the second and on occasions we played some really nice stuff.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 04 Nov 2014 22:36

Mackie and Murray were both quality today. Ferdinand and Williams are a different class to Hector and Akpan, just shows what we've been missing.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 04 Nov 2014 22:46

Kelly's contribution shouldn't be overlooked, although Mackie, Cox, Murray and Norwood were all top drawer and will garner the plaudits for eye catching performances. Williams was solid and should improve. Gunter apparently more comfortable at left than right back. Ferdinand looked surprisingly assured.

All in all a good performance, lots of slick passing, good closing down in mid filed and a much more solid back four. Millers started really brightly and are a much better team than either Blackpool or ten man Fulham, so this has to be the best performance of the season so far.

Expect Floyd hated it and will have seen little to enjoy. Oh well.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 04 Nov 2014 22:47

I've booked the afternoon off work on 3rd May for our Championship victory parade.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 04 Nov 2014 22:48

PieEater Well that was a much better performance.

Adkins changed the defence with Ferdinand actually looking OK and winning headers, not sure why he came off at half time but they were going to bring him off just at the end of the half. Kelly had a solid game, and Gunter looked much better with Obita in front of him helping him out.

For the first half hour things were pretty tight with the Millers looking quite tidy in possession but creating nothing.
Then we scored and could have had 2 more if it wasn't for two fine saves from their keeper.

Second half was more of the same with us occasionally playing some nice stuff and their defence giving us time in the box to score two more. All 3 goals were pretty decent strikes.

The ref was consistently shit, but fortunately didn't conspire to affect the result.

Did you actually go to the game?. Ferdinand looked uncomfortable for the entire 1st half, but even with one leg he looked class, unlikely we will see him again this side of Christmas I would say

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 04 Nov 2014 22:48

Who are those adolescent twats three rows from the back of Y25. The one with the ginger guy and his friends who looked about 16 but acted about 10.

They cared more about the arsenal score than reading.

Utter cuuuunts

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 04 Nov 2014 22:49

Everyone's slagging them off on the Blackburn thread as well. One of them tried to steal a seat.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 04 Nov 2014 22:53

Pepe the Horseman Everyone's slagging them off on the Blackburn thread as well. One of them tried to steal a seat.

Continued jumping about and pushing each other. Shouting stupid things and singing shit about Croissants?

All very hilarious.

I could have easily punched one in the face. However I was scared in case their mum was at the game and would tell me off

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 04 Nov 2014 22:53

windermere_royal Ferdinand looked uncomfortable for the entire 1st half, but even with one leg he looked class

Do you want to try and rephrase that. :lol:

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 04 Nov 2014 22:54

If Adkins drops Mackie and Cox again I'm going to have a nervous breakdown on Saturday.

Williams..... didn't do anything amazing, but the midfield generally looked assured for the first time this season
Ferdinand..... So much better than the alternative and our centre looked fairly solid for 45 min

Good call on swapping Günter over. Didn't see that coming and it worked well

Overall the team looked balanced, which is good to see. Sodding manager is going to fiddle though isn't he?

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 04 Nov 2014 22:56

A few of them are Arsenal fans originally.

Low attendance, good performance (best of the season?), good to win. Mackie was good after his goal, Cox and Murray both look great up top and Williams <3

Seemed a little strange to drop two of the best players from Blackburn (Blackman and Cooper) but it turned out to be a good decision. Let's start finally having a starting XI please.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 04 Nov 2014 22:57

PieEater
windermere_royal Ferdinand looked uncomfortable for the entire 1st half, but even with one leg he looked class

Do you want to try and rephrase that. :lol:

I mentioned to my mate that he was not moving very well from the very first whistle, Has the half went on the limp became more visable, it was obvious he was struggling and wouldn`t come out for the 2nd half

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 04 Nov 2014 23:03

oh and Mackie MoM for me

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 04 Nov 2014 23:06

Will95 Low attendance

Heard a message come through on one of the car park steward's radio as we walked past him that there were only 9,000 in the ground tonight (despite an official attendance of over 13,775)

Three good goals as well (though their back four looked worse than ours usually does)

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 04 Nov 2014 23:07

3points
Will95 Low attendance

Heard a message come through on one of the car park steward's radio as we walked past him that there were only 9,000 in the ground tonight (despite an official attendance of over 13,775)

Three good goals as well (though their back four looked worse than ours usually does)

I though it looked like 10-12,000, was surprised at over 13,000 to be honest.

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 04 Nov 2014 23:19

3points
Will95 Low attendance

So was the official attendance 13,776?

JordCot

by JordCot » 04 Nov 2014 23:26

I've been pretty critical of Mackie this season, I was delighted when he signed as like a lot of posters he is a player I have wanted at reading for years but for all his effort there never seemed much end product so far... Tonight he was a different animal, the same old brilliant work rate and effort as usual but he actually beat his man with skill and intelligent running tonight rather than just harassing a fullback into a mistake. Last home game he got MOTM for his effort this one was all about his quality and hopefully its start of more end product rather than a flash in the pan

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 04 Nov 2014 23:32

Better performance thanks to a balanced team with Mackie and Cox restored and Kelly adding some much needed defensive calm.

Rotherham didn't look great but started well and could have made it difficult if they tucked away one of their early chances.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 04 Nov 2014 23:36

Just got home. We played alright I thought, certainly one of our best performances of the season. Having Williams back in the team will really benefit us for the run in up until Christmas as long as he doesn't break down again.

Murray, Mackie, Cox and Norwood also played very well. Cox scored 2 excellent finishes and shows what a good signing he has been. Certainly a better all round striker than ALF was. Feds didn't have much to do. I won't judge Ferdinand on 45 minutes, once he faces teams with better strikers than Rotherham then I will judge him.

I won't get too excited about this result though, I thought Rotherham were really poor, just as poor as their fans and as poor as the referee. I will be delighted if we can pick up another 4 points this month as we have some hard away games coming up.

136 posts