BFTG - Rotherham.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

BFTG - Rotherham.

by Kitsondinho » 28 Apr 2015 23:03

Awful. The summer cannot come quick enough and Clarke is very brave saying we'll be well clear of relegation next year. We are damn lucky it hasn't happened this year. Both Rotherham goals were from yet more crap defending. Gunter and Pog seemed to both want to get themselves sent off. Cox is devoid of confidence, as shown by deciding to cross from the goal-line, when he had the chance to shoot at 0-0. It was then blocked anyway. Jem played well, in a game where both midfields were regularly bypassed. All in all two crap teams playing a crap end of season game. I'm so glad I went......

rfc58

Re: BFTG - Rotherham.

by rfc58 » 28 Apr 2015 23:16

That was painful.

First half, Rotherham looked nervous, not surprised as it was a cup final for them, we could and should have really got at them.

Might be wrong, but the keeper looked weak for Rotherham's first goal.

Mackie and McCleary looked bright when they came on, and Norwood looked to move the ball around, to keep us on the front foot.

Cox did look lost, and Pog tried but the service to the forwards was very ordinary.

Good luck Clarke, you will need it if you're going to turn this around.

210 away fans there tonight.

What made the evening bearable, for the older fan of Reading, had a long chat with Dick Habbin in the corporate lounge afterwards, had some interesting stories to tell of his time at Elm Park.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 28 Apr 2015 23:18

Well done to you both for going!

rfc58

by rfc58 » 28 Apr 2015 23:23

MmmMonsterMunch Well done to you both for going!

I'd love to take your pat on the back, only reason I went, fella I work for actually owns Rotherham United, so I did the corporate bit with clients.

The real heroes/loons are the 210 who decided to go, knowing how two Bob we are.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 28 Apr 2015 23:25

rfc58

I'd love to take your pat on the back, only reason I went, fella I work for actually owns Rotherham United, so I did the corporate bit with clients.

The real heroes/loons are the 210 who decided to go, knowing how two Bob we are.

At least your boss went home happy then.

rfc58

by rfc58 » 28 Apr 2015 23:29

MmmMonsterMunch
rfc58

At least your boss went home happy then.

Had a meeting with him earlier, Steve Evans, their manager comes in, knows I follow Reading because we've chatted about Le Fondre in the past, they both admit to being worried about playing us, and think it's kidoligy when I say how bad we are....

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 28 Apr 2015 23:38

I only live 30 mins away, so I can't really claim it either. I was probably home before the RUFC stewards had cleared the pitch!

rfc58

by rfc58 » 28 Apr 2015 23:45

Kitsondinho I only live 30 mins away, so I can't really claim it either. I was probably home before the RUFC stewards had cleared the pitch!

Best bit about tonight was Gunters challenge, that did their player and the ballboy (hope he's ok btw). The locals didn't like him too much after that. :D

gdroyal

by gdroyal » 29 Apr 2015 01:07

Can only really agree with the first two posters, it was a really poor display with slow the backward and sideways passing movements that we have become accustomed to this season. I think the fact that both Federici and Pearce were omitted from the 11 probably tells us they won't be here next season. However, they have to be replaced, the replacements that came in for them today were simply not good enough. It does seem that the lack of Pearce really does affect Hectors game as he was poor tonight, making the same mistakes as he was at the start of the season, overplaying on the ball and getting caught. Cooper still looks very raw defensively and needs some experience on loan. I feel if they are the centre-back pairing at the start of next season, we will certainly be leaking goals. This was my first viewing of Anderson and although he had little to do, he looked nervous and had one close shave in the first half where he let a shot straight threw his hands and just got enough on it to send it wide. We also lack creativity, looked at the stats on my phone on about 75 mins to see that we had had 2 shots - 0 on target - sums it up.
Finally, credit to the 210 fans there tonight. Best part had to be when almost as many stewards as there were fans stood in-front of us at the end stopping us from getting on the pitch. Oh and their pitch invasion did make me laugh - we're not that good!

MOTM - Norwood - simply for his well-taken goal and his effort just before hand which forced a good save out of their keeper from about 30 yards

Blue Blood

by Blue Blood » 29 Apr 2015 01:08

Tricky one for me as I wanted Rotherham to stay up. Great beers and chat with locals after. Now freezing my arse off in Sheffield waiting for coach to London. Only went as new ground and danger of Rotherham being relegated. We were poor. Rotherham also given what was at stake for them. Nice ground good fans.

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 29 Apr 2015 03:17

Got home about 30 minutes ago. We were shit again.

Key points:

Severe steward overkill.
Well taken goal.
Fair play to Rotherham who played on our defensive weaknesses perfectly.
Well done to the other 206 nutters who turned up.

NR_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by NR_Royal » 29 Apr 2015 09:48

It was just so lazy and the players were not giving it their all until we scored our first goal out of nowhere.

Firstly, we set up with a 3-5-2 but without any of the mobility required to pull it off. I get that Clarke was probably experimenting for next season, and on paper, Gunter and Obita should make decent wing backs. But Obita wasn't great at beating his man and poor at crossing and Gunter was better at crossing but weak defensively. Kelly is never a centre-back.

Hector does look calm at distributing from the back, despite the many hoof balls, although this will lead to inevitable mistakes and we did nearly gift them a goal due to mindless passing. I don't see the point in playing 3 centre mids if 2 of them are going to be miles away from the centre-backs as we had no players available for short passes. Karacan looked like he was trying but looks a little more scared than I remember him. Chalobah was being lazy all game, really disappointed with his efforts and casualness in losing the ball time and time again. Norwood can shoot, and tbf he was our only threat all game. The long range screamer effort :shock: .

Up front, Pog was poor today, showed no strength, pace or desire but he's probably on holiday already splashing his cash. Cox should be a 20 a season goalscorer, but looked so, so lost in this team it hurts.

Mackie is a world apart from the others and needs to stay if we are to do anything with next season. McLeary added a threat, should have scored an equaliser and generally improved our game. Stacey - :?:

When you look at how Bournemouth play compared to us - they always look up before and when on the ball, always looking for a pass. We dawdle and slow it down, then pass backwards. We miss overlaps, we don't play through the middle when we should and we don't play it to the wings when we should. Pog is constantly going backwards and the team doesn't know how to play together well. :(

I liked their small stadium, very intimate as the fans are close to the pitch, and it was quite nice to see a bunch of fans so happy to be staying in the league. No issues with them whatsoever. The oxf*rd 21.57 train got cancelled, the bastards, so managed to nab a lift back to Sheffield. :P

Blakey's Chin

by Blakey's Chin » 29 Apr 2015 10:00

Didn't go but well done to those who did. Did anyone by chance see how their player Pringle played? Heard he's been one to watch but I've only seen highlights of him. Seeing as we need a left sided player desperately.

Also heard good reports of Norwood. Granted since Clarke's took over he's been poor but he knows he has a point to proove, and he has got some quality on his day. Wouldn't be too dissapointed if he stay and picked up some consistency. Not likely to leave anyway as his contract isn't up.

Also glad Rotherham stayed up, was going to go until it got moved, so looking forward to going to there ground next year, providing it's on a Saturday

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 29 Apr 2015 12:26

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 29 Apr 2015 13:09

Poor performance. Barely created anything of note. Rotherham had an intensity to their game we simply didn't match and in the end we were deservedly beaten. Not sure why 210 Reading fans warranted Thames Valley Police filming us throughout the match :roll:

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 29 Apr 2015 13:17

That goal keeping is terrible.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 29 Apr 2015 13:31

ZacNaloen That goal keeping is terrible.

Yup, did look bad

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 29 Apr 2015 13:33

Also spilled what appeared a routine shot in the first-half out for the corner

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 29 Apr 2015 14:07

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 29 Apr 2015 14:13

Hope someone got Neil Lennon's autograph.