82%
Yes.
18%

Total votes: 67
floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

Could we still go down?

by floyd__streete » 14 Dec 2015 16:37

11 points clear of the bottom 3 but we have a team of mercenaries not playing for each other let alone for the shirt. The squad clearly needed an overhaul in the summer, but the Thais and Clarke have saddled us with a load of clueless foreign nonentities and has-beens from around the english divisions.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Could we still go down?

by Green » 14 Dec 2015 16:38

We're no Brighton but we're too big to go down.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Dec 2015 16:40

Only with the right man in charge.

McDermolenko

by McDermolenko » 14 Dec 2015 16:41

Theoretically it is a possibility, yes.

/thread

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 14 Dec 2015 16:45

No. Would you have made this thread 6 weeks ago?

MoorgateRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MoorgateRoyal » 14 Dec 2015 16:48

Nope.

We won't get into the play-offs unless we go on a monster run of form in the new year, but we certainly won't go down.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 14 Dec 2015 17:03

There's a difference between "could we" and "will we"...

Coppelled_Streets

by Coppelled_Streets » 14 Dec 2015 17:05

Yes. But we wont. McDonut will do enough to keep us mid-table. Not sure the Thai's will accept that though.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 14 Dec 2015 17:10

Where`s the NO option?

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 14 Dec 2015 17:15

Course we could go down but we'd have to appoint a clueless moron for that to happen, put the right man in charge and we could get right back in the hunt for the play-offs, just need to get the team motivated again, something Brian, if he is appointed as been known for.

Coppelled_Streets

by Coppelled_Streets » 14 Dec 2015 17:42

tidus_mi2 Course we could go down but we'd have to appoint a clueless moron for that to happen, put the right man in charge and we could get right back in the hunt for the play-offs, just need to get the team motivated again, something Brian, if he is appointed as been known for.

He struggled when he had one or two egos to manage though, and now he has many. I love the guy but I can only see this being a disaster for both parties. We've got some bloody good players, but we've got some bad attitudes too.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 14 Dec 2015 17:46

Coppelled_Streets
tidus_mi2 Course we could go down but we'd have to appoint a clueless moron for that to happen, put the right man in charge and we could get right back in the hunt for the play-offs, just need to get the team motivated again, something Brian, if he is appointed as been known for.

He struggled when he had one or two egos to manage though, and now he has many. I love the guy but I can only see this being a disaster for both parties. We've got some bloody good players, but we've got some bad attitudes too.

he struggled to get a tune out of Danny Guthrie, but he isn't alone there.
who else did he struggle with?

Jason Roberts has an ego, but seemed to do fine

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 14 Dec 2015 18:07

MoorgateRoyal Nope.

We won't get into the play-offs unless we go on a monster run of form in the new year, but we certainly won't go down.

Don't think we would require a monster run to overhaul a 4 point deficit but agreed we won't go down.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Dec 2015 19:34

Theoretically yes, but we won't even if things go very badly with the managerial appointment. The squad is way too good and better than last year's which was too good to go down. Conceivably we could do badly enough to be near relegation certainties next season.

I suspect we'll finish 5 - 14 depending on how deep the rot has set in and how good the new guy is.

JIM

by JIM » 14 Dec 2015 19:35

Drip Drip Drip the points are going down the drain because of someone who cant make a decision on a new manager. another going to HULL as an early christmas present, WAKE UP shareholders and owners.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Dec 2015 19:36

melonhead
Coppelled_Streets

Kebe had an ego and he managed him fine too.

I'm not sure where the idea that the current lot are bigger egos comes from. Other than Blackman obviously.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 14 Dec 2015 20:07

Coppelled_Streets Yes. But we wont. McDonut will do enough to keep us mid-table. Not sure the Thai's will accept that though.

Hi Jay. Who is this "McDonut" you refer to?

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 15 Dec 2015 08:42

melonhead
Coppelled_Streets

He did ok short term with Matt Mills and Brian Howard too.

Still think our best chance of success this season is finding a way to get the best from Vydra. We've got some good players but, Blackman's hot streak aside, Vydra is the one truly outstanding Championship player we have.

Forget all the "hoofball" nonsense if McDermott is true to his previous spell he'll build his side around Vydra as he did with Gylffi for the rest of this season at least.

msmivie

by msmivie » 15 Dec 2015 09:06

floyd__streete 11 points clear of the bottom 3 but we have a team of mercenaries not playing for each other let alone for the shirt. The squad clearly needed an overhaul in the summer, but the Thais and Clarke have saddled us with a load of clueless foreign nonentities and has-beens from around the english divisions.

I struggle to see how you can blame the Thais!
My view is that they offered more financial backing and desire to move the club forward in the Summer than any previous owners!
If you want to blame anyone for the players joining the club you must blame Steve Clarke and Nicky Hammond!

MoorgateRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MoorgateRoyal » 15 Dec 2015 09:30

Hendo
MoorgateRoyal Nope.

Don't think we would require a monster run to overhaul a 4 point deficit but agreed we won't go down.

Maybe 'monster' is over-egging it a bit. I still think we will keep falling further away from the play offs until we get settled under a new manager, and by then we would need to do well to get ahead of some pretty decent teams.