115 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

MATCHWATCH : Leyton Orient (h)

by Sutekh » 10 Sep 2024 11:05

When : Saturday September 14 2024, 3pm
Where : SCL Stadium, Reading, RG2 0FL
Capacity : 24,161

Reading seem to be settling down for what could be become a very decent start of the season, mainly thanks to the cancellation of the Stockport game giving the club the chance to capitalise on the superb Charlton result with another home game rather than that awkward visit to Edgeley Park to face another Wrexham type of team.

The O's haven't been brilliant so far and are languishing at the very bottom of the table already a point adrift of the rest of the division and 3 away from "safety". It should be noted though that they have had to play Bolton, Brum and Charlton so far and that therefore their current predicament is probably a little misleading so thinking this is a typical home banker is probably far too early for this stage of the season. And even if it was a home banker, Reading's record against these sorts of sides is not what you'd call one to be proud of anyway.

Part of the reason for the poor start is probably due to the high turnover of players in East London over the summer with several departing (including possibly their best player Ruel Sotiriou (to Bristol Rovers)) and nine players arriving, including 5 loanees. Only two league goals have been managed so far, both from midfielders, and they are still looking for their first away league goal which suggests a certain weakness going forward, facts which would obviously be more than helpful to Reading's back line.

However Reading are starting to be bedevilled by injuries with Yiadom, Ryan and probably both Bindon and Pereira all missing, though Camara may be fit enough to return. Presume more might be revealed at the prematch presser later this week.

Referee

Declan Bourne

Previously

Nothing known

Historically

In the 34 previous seasons the clubs have shared together Reading have won 19 home games to Orient's 5. Orient's last league win in Reading was in October 1990 and there has only ever been one 0-0 (back in December 1934). Last January saw Reading fail to beat Orient for the second time of last season with Knibbs cancelling out an earlier penalty to earn a 1-1 draw.

How to follow the game

1. Get a ticket and travel
  2. Listen to Radio 5 Live and/or a myriad of other radio stations for score flashes
  3. Ring/text a mate for updates
  4. Use a RoyalsTV subscription
  5. BBC Radio Berkshire (FM : 104.4, 104.1 or 95.4 depending where you are in the area)

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: MATCHWATCH : Leyton Orient (h)

by Stranded » 11 Sep 2024 08:21

We seem to enjoy winning home games 2-0 at the mo, so another 2-0 - Campbell on debut and a returning Knibbs off the bench.

Team

CBC
Craig Dean Mbengue Dorsett
Elliott Wing Savage
Campbell Ehibhatiohman
Smith

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Sep 2024 08:41

Stranded We seem to enjoy winning home games 2-0 at the mo, so another 2-0 - Campbell on debut and a returning Knibbs off the bench.

Team

CBC
Elliott Wing Savage
Campbell Ehibhatiohman
Smith

I'll go with a back from break, some key players missing disjointed 2-1, with Smith and Mbengue

Now Smith is off the mark expect about 5 or 6 goals in this next 6 or 7 games, before a dry spell

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 11 Sep 2024 09:14

Stranded We seem to enjoy winning home games 2-0 at the mo, so another 2-0 - Campbell on debut and a returning Knibbs off the bench.

Team

CBC
Elliott Wing Savage
Campbell Ehibhatiohman
Smith

Seems a bit harsh on Akande, who was been superb for the 3 games he played in and that we won 2 of those.

I'd be starting with Akande with Clem on the bench.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 11 Sep 2024 09:28

skipper

Team

CBC
Elliott Wing Savage
Campbell Ehibhatiohman
Smith

Seems a bit harsh on Akande, who was been superb for the 3 games he played in and that we won 2 of those.

I'd be starting with Akande with Clem on the bench.

I'd also keep Akande starting; ideally make as few changes as possible.

Probably:
CBC*
Craig - Dean* - Mbengue - Dorsett
Elliott - Wing - Savage
Akande - Smith - Ehib

Subs: Rowley; Kanu; Abrefa; Knibbs^; Campbell; Camara^; Wareham

*Assuming both Pereira and Bindon are unavailable.
^Assuming they're back from injury as expected - Rushesha and Garcia on the bench otherwise.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 12 Sep 2024 13:52

Looks like its Pereira that's injured as Wareham has posted a training Insta pic with Button.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 12 Sep 2024 14:46

Mid Sussex Royal Looks like its Pereira that's injured as Wareham has posted a training Insta pic with Button.

Does that suggest Button's available? If he is, I'd imagine he'll start in goal.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 12 Sep 2024 15:06

Clyde1998
Mid Sussex Royal Looks like its Pereira that's injured as Wareham has posted a training Insta pic with Button.

Does that suggest Button's available? If he is, I'd imagine he'll start in goal.

Yep I guess so.

Knibbs & Bindon both fit for Sat according to OS

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 12 Sep 2024 17:03

Mid Sussex Royal
Clyde1998

Yep I guess so.

Knibbs & Bindon both fit for Sat according to OS

Best news for ages.

bloody Volvo driver

by bloody Volvo driver » 12 Sep 2024 18:22

Not totally related to the match per se, rather the fact it kicks off at 3.00 pm on a Saturday.

There is a fair chance the next time we do so again will be Saturday 14th December, potentially 3 months without a Saturday 15.00 kick off (FA cup and international postponements aside). We are the Man Utd / Leeds of L1.

Not ideally attendance wise I hasten to add.

scumbag

by scumbag » 12 Sep 2024 19:22

bloody Volvo driver Not totally related to the match per se, rather the fact it kicks off at 3.00 pm on a Saturday.

There is a fair chance the next time we do so again will be Saturday 14th December, potentially 3 months without a Saturday 15.00 kick off (FA cup and international postponements aside). We are the Man Utd / Leeds of L1.

Sky happily killing the EFL.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 12 Sep 2024 22:00

bloody Volvo driver Not totally related to the match per se, rather the fact it kicks off at 3.00 pm on a Saturday.

I believe you mean a Saturday 3pm HOME game. Apparently we still play Bolton, Rotherham, Barnsley, Stevenage and Peterborough away at 3pm on a Saturday before that mid December date. Also one home game at 3pm Saturday before then on Nov 16 vs. Shrewsbury. It is strange though and seemingly very unbalanced.

Anyone know why Sky have chosen all our 12:30pm TV games to be home games?

scumbag Sky happily killing the EFL.

Because football is for the fans.

*But not the fans that actually attend games.

bloody Volvo driver

by bloody Volvo driver » 12 Sep 2024 23:15

RoyallyFcuked

I believe you mean a Saturday 3pm HOME game. Apparently we still play Bolton, Rotherham, Barnsley, Stevenage and Peterborough away at 3pm on a Saturday before that mid December date. Also one home game at 3pm Saturday before then on Nov 16 vs. Shrewsbury. It is strange though and seemingly very unbalanced.

Yep home games only.

Shrewsbury is very likely to bite the dust as it’s the 3rd designated international weekend, so unless we get a home FAC draw that doesn’t get shifted, there will be a 3 month hiatus in home 15.00 kick offs. Quite an incredible fact part way through a season.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 13 Sep 2024 09:50

bloody Volvo driver
RoyallyFcuked

Yep home games only.

Shrewsbury is very likely to bite the dust as it’s the 3rd designated international weekend, so unless we get a home FAC draw that doesn’t get shifted, there will be a 3 month hiatus in home 15.00 kick offs. Quite an incredible fact part way through a season.

It's because it's a nice easy stadium to set up their kit in and SKY are too lazy to want to travel if they don't have to.

How much extra wonga do the club get for these games being shifted?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Sep 2024 09:53

Sutekh
bloody Volvo driver
RoyallyFcuked

Yep home games only.

It's because it's a nice easy stadium to set up their kit in and SKY are too lazy to want to travel if they don't have to.

How much extra wonga do the club get for these games being shifted?

Is it £100k per game, or was that the Chumpiannship?

It's weird to be one of the club's everyone is sick of being Sky's favourites again.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 13 Sep 2024 18:18

RoyallyFcuked Anyone know why Sky have chosen all our 12:30pm TV games to be home games?

Can't say why they're all consecutive home games although I'm fairly certain there's a minimum number of games club have to have on TV now - was it twenty league games including midweek?

There's currently eleven midweek games scheduled, when counting bank holidays, so an additional nine weekend matches have to be shown (one already broadcast and four more set for broadcast). That assumes the games originally scheduled for a weekend but were moved to midweek will be on TV.

Maybe they have to show a (roughly) even amount of home and away games for each team on top of the total number?

We do have one scheduled away TV game (Lincoln) and we've had one away game on TV already (Birmingham - albeit in a different slot due to it being the opening day).

Not sure why they've picked specific games though, other than simply picking random games to meet the quota for teams. Why pick us at home to Crawley over Wycombe away for example?

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 13 Sep 2024 18:48

Looks as if we've sold a similar number of tickets as we did for the Wigan and Charlton games at this point. I imagine we'll have around 12,000 home fans and I think Leyton Orient have sold around 800.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Sep 2024 06:42

Could be worse though, could be getting dreadful Thursday or Friday night slots.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Sep 2024 14:01

CBBC gets the nod. Knibbs on bench. Campbell starts.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 14 Sep 2024 14:02

CBC in for Pereira, and Campbell starts. Right call to choose CBC over Button. Arguably harsh on Akande but understandable too.

Knibbs on the bench, which looks relatively strong. Everything to be happy about except the GK situation.

Seems like a long time ago the big clubs were chasing this CBC wonderkid in our academy. He has not impressed when given the opportunity so far, to be blunt. But he must have something about him.

115 posts