Hello yet again from Tamworth!

14 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mrtfc

Hello yet again from Tamworth!

by mrtfc » 17 Jul 2006 12:02

Hello all. How are you?

I noticed that our Aaron broke his ankle the weekend. Good luck to the lad in his recovery. Do you think he would have been anywhere near getting an appearance next season , or would he be sent out on loan again? He seems / seemed like a good prospect and he's still only young.

Congratulations on getting to the premiership , and good luck in staying there. Last seasons promoted teams showed you that it's possible. Apart from Sunderland. Even we'd beat them! :D

I thought we had a friendly with you as part of the Aaron deal? Would have been nice for you all to have bought me a pint :wink: Aah well , if any of you pass through Tamworth you can still buy me one........

We played our first friendly Saturday , winning 3-0 at neighbours Atherstone. Looks like we have a better team than last year. No doubt everyone else will have too , so i'm sure it'll be a hard season. However , now you are in the premiership and getting players in , you won't mind letting us have season long loans on Lita , Sonko , Long and Sidwells? Deal? :wink:

Have a good year.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 17 Jul 2006 12:07

I've not seen Aaron play yet, so I couldn't possibly comment on the possibility of him making an appearance - he'll have to dislodge Sonko and Ingimarsson from the first team. And Sodje is probably ahead of him in the pecking order. Also I think Coppell is still looking to bring in another defender, probably Mensah from Rennes.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 17 Jul 2006 12:08

I expect a little flack here from typical nobbers. :shock:

size 12

by size 12 » 17 Jul 2006 14:01

I was at Bromley on Saturday, and Aaron Brown was having a reasonable game, looked fairly composed with the exception of a break in the first half which resulted in Bromley hitting the bar.

Very unlucky injury, could tell immediately it was serious, hope he makes a quick recovery.

I think he would probably have been sent out on loan again this year, as he's not ready to challenge Sonko/Ingimarsson, and we have just bought Sodje as cover there

reading98

by reading98 » 17 Jul 2006 15:46

In a couple of years I feel he could be near a starting place but not this season.

I feel he needs a season on loan maybe at championship level but not many clubs take risks on young players with very little experience as mostare pushing for promotion. So I feel he will end up at a lower league club probably.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Jul 2006 16:35

SSN reports out for 3 months, which will set him back considerably. I wouldn't be surprised to see him loaned out to league 1 and then released in the summer unfortunately.

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 17 Jul 2006 19:05

How old is he?

phil in cornwall

by phil in cornwall » 17 Jul 2006 23:01

Im Spartacus

Re: Hello yet again from Tamworth!

by Im Spartacus » 18 Jul 2006 07:45

mrtfc Hello all. How are you?

I noticed that our Aaron broke his ankle the weekend. Good luck to the lad in his recovery. Do you think he would have been anywhere near getting an appearance next season , or would he be sent out on loan again? He seems / seemed like a good prospect and he's still only young.

Congratulations on getting to the premiership , and good luck in staying there. Last seasons promoted teams showed you that it's possible. Apart from Sunderland. Even we'd beat them! :D

I thought we had a friendly with you as part of the Aaron deal? Would have been nice for you all to have bought me a pint :wink: Aah well , if any of you pass through Tamworth you can still buy me one........

We played our first friendly Saturday , winning 3-0 at neighbours Atherstone. Looks like we have a better team than last year. No doubt everyone else will have too , so i'm sure it'll be a hard season. However , now you are in the premiership and getting players in , you won't mind letting us have season long loans on Lita , Sonko , Long and Sidwells? Deal? :wink:

Have a good year.

No Deal :wink:

Good luck this year.

Is Steve Lathbury still chairman ?

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 18 Jul 2006 13:49

phil in cornwall 23. It's easy enough to check.

http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/pa ... 41,00.html

It was easier to post that and then check back the next day :?

mrtfc

by mrtfc » 19 Jul 2006 10:14

Im Spartacus

Have a good year.

Good luck this year.

Not quite. Bob Andrews became chairman in 1985!|!!!!!!! :D

Steve Lathbury is on the comittee i believe. I know the name and recognise him , and say hi but thats as far as it goes.

Thanks for the good luck wishes - we'll need them as we are crap.

Good luck to you too - and stuff the villa...............

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 19 Jul 2006 13:41

Real shame about his injury, didnt realise it was quite that serious. I still find it slightly odd he was never given a chance at the end of last season when everything had been wrapped up, can't remember was he on loan somewhere at all?

Tilehurst Mike

by Tilehurst Mike » 19 Jul 2006 14:03

KC Royal Real shame about his injury, didnt realise it was quite that serious. I still find it slightly odd he was never given a chance at the end of last season when everything had been wrapped up, can't remember was he on loan somewhere at all?

Yes, he had a months loan at Bournemouth. First game he played really well and was named MOM. Bournemouth then suffered something of an injurt crisis and in the next couple of games he was played as a makeshift striker having to cope mainly up front on his own and deal with hopeful long punts from the back. As you can imagine he failed to cope with this and to rub salt in the wound started to receive barracking from the home crowd. He was then dropped from the team and then returned to Reading after the end of his loan spell suffering from a lack of belief in his ability.
I don't think Bornemouth helped his career at all.

Im Spartacus

by Im Spartacus » 19 Jul 2006 14:05

mrtfc
Im Spartacus

Have a good year.

Good luck this year.

Not quite. Bob Andrews became chairman in 1985!|!!!!!!! :D

Steve Lathbury is on the comittee i believe. I know the name and recognise him , and say hi but thats as far as it goes.

Thanks for the good luck wishes - we'll need them as we are crap.

Good luck to you too - and stuff the villa...............

1985 ! Plastic :lol:

I think there may have been a bit of drunken bigging himself up there, I can confirm he's a nice bloke but a rubbish golfer.

14 posts   •   Page 1 of 1