Halls
3%
None of them
18%

Total votes: 160
bassavage

Who will play for England first?

by bassavage » 11 Aug 2006 22:08

Who do you think? I personally think it will be Lita, I really think he could be the man this year that sets the Premiership alight.

AndyRFC
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AndyRFC » 11 Aug 2006 23:28

John Halls :shock: :o

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 12 Aug 2006 00:30

Probably Ken Dodd, but Shorey will be next in line.

mortimer royal

by mortimer royal » 12 Aug 2006 04:56

considering halls is going to play mainly as a defensive midfielder if at all, i think convey will play for england before halls does.
to be honest i cant see any of our players playing for england, but if anyone will it'll be lita who i think will be our top scorer this season, considering he does have some uner 21 experience

tink

by tink » 12 Aug 2006 13:30

was a bit surprised that lita wasnt in the under 21 squad this time around, means his chances of making the ful squad are even slimmer. if shorey has a good season he could make it, considering the lack of left sided players

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Aug 2006 13:39

I can see Kitson getting a call up fairly early should injuires occur and he starts off well.

Don't think he'd play though. Lita has to be the best bet for playin first because he has the longest of his career ahead of him and has already been envolved in the U21's. Shorey may get called up, but again I doubt he'd actually play.

retired aggro
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Behaving in a drunk, Unruly And Arrogant, Truculent, Abusive And Non-compliant manner

by retired aggro » 12 Aug 2006 13:52

LOL @ this thread

None of your players will get a call up, they're no where near good enough, as will be shown when you get relegated ad put back into a division where you belong

wehateoxford

by wehateoxford » 12 Aug 2006 13:54

though most likely to play from our squad, theres a huge pecking order ahead of lita : rooney, owen, crouch, bent , defoe, ashton, harewood.

lita might get a england cap before walcott, but wouldnt put a bet on that IMO

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Aug 2006 14:10

retired aggro LOL @ this thread

None of your players will get a call up, they're no where near good enough, as will be shown when you get relegated ad put back into a division where you belong

you don't have to be good enough aggro, just look at Phil Nevilles number of caps, and the fact that Wes Brown and Keiren Richardson are in the squad. Andy Cole and Michael Ricketts got call ups too.

LOL at you

retired aggro
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Behaving in a drunk, Unruly And Arrogant, Truculent, Abusive And Non-compliant manner

by retired aggro » 12 Aug 2006 14:13

Ian Royal

you don't have to be good enough aggro, just look at Phil Nevilles number of caps, and the fact that Wes Brown and Keiren Richardson are in the squad. Andy Cole and Michael Ricketts got call ups too.

LOL at you

All said players would walk into your team, maybe not Ricketts now but a few years back he would have.

LOL @ you including Andy Cole there, one of the most prolific strikers in Prem history. Just remember, as things stand a Reading player has never scored in the top flight

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Aug 2006 14:18

Might have something to do with a Reading player never having played in the top flight you dumbarse.

Andy Cole was prolific, but only because he played in a United team so much better than everyone else. I don't agree that those players would all walk in to our team.

You'll be laughing on the other side of your face come April

retired aggro
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by retired aggro » 12 Aug 2006 14:19

What about Andy Cole at Newcastle then? Score hardly any did he

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: The footballing equivalent of a HarLOLem GLOLobetrotter..

by alad » 12 Aug 2006 14:22

Ian Royal

LOL at you

Ian RoyaLOL.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Aug 2006 14:32

retired aggro What about Andy Cole at Newcastle then? Score hardly any did he

1 season in the prem I believe? does that mean I can argue that Bent should be in the team ahead of Rooney?

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by alad » 12 Aug 2006 14:37

Come off it, Andy Cole scored goals consistantly for a number of years at the top level, in Europe against the worlds biggest clubs. His movement and finishing on it's day was devestating.

Not sure how anyone can knock Phil Neville who has won more than most players in this country when people think Nicky Shorey will play for England :shock:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Aug 2006 14:38

alad Come off it, Andy Cole scored goals consistantly for a number of years at the top level, in Europe against the worlds biggest clubs. His movement and finishing on it's day was devestating.

Not sure how anyone can knock Phil Neville who has won more than most players in this country when people think Nicky Shorey will play for England :shock:

because he's shit?

I don't think anyone is talking about anything other than the odd cap for anyone in our side. and that is only reliant on them performing to a high level in the premiership

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by alad » 12 Aug 2006 14:42

Neville isn't sh1t. Not as good as other players in the squad, yes, but he's a good player as you will see when he makes sure Sidwell and Harper don't get a look in when we play Everton.

.:BigDaveInTheDungeon:.

by .:BigDaveInTheDungeon:. » 12 Aug 2006 16:54

it will be shorey if anyone will.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 12 Aug 2006 18:51

Kitson - if you take Michael 'call the ambulance' Owen and Rooney out of the equation, there's not really a regular starter up front for England who's made much of an impact and similar to Darren Bent and Ashton, Kitson could well get a chance sooner rather than later.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 12 Aug 2006 18:56

Royalee Kitson - if you take Michael 'call the ambulance' Owen and Rooney out of the equation, there's not really a regular starter up front for England who's made much of an impact and similar to Darren Bent and Ashton, Kitson could well get a chance sooner rather than later.

Kitson is the poor man's Peter Crouch.

(But I like Peter Crouch and have him in one of my dream teams)