13 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Past Reading v Middlesbrough fixtures

by SpaceCruiser » 17 Aug 2006 14:23

One I wish I had gone to:

http://www.royals.org/matdoc/040295.html

Other than that, I cannot remember a decent positive result/game we had against them lot.

OzBiscuit2004
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by OzBiscuit2004 » 17 Aug 2006 14:26

I was there and remember walking quickly back to the car after the game.

East Stand Ste

by East Stand Ste » 17 Aug 2006 14:37

i was there and remember getting there ridiculosly early at 11am, going to mcdonalds and sitting outside the ground for ages!!....that was before my none drinking days, now of course i would just go to the pub and get pissed before the game!!

Reading Abbey

by Reading Abbey » 17 Aug 2006 14:40

I still haven't forgiven Boro for cheating us out of the Coca Cola League Cup Quarter Final.

oxf*rd ref got bullied into handing a free kick to them, when it was clearly ours. Pretty much all our players had made their way up the field and then Boro had the free kick, lumped it up to the edge of the box and was it Hignett (sp?) that scored?

Bastards!

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 17 Aug 2006 14:42

Reading Abbey I still haven't forgiven Boro for cheating us out of the Coca Cola League Cup Quarter Final.

oxf*rd ref got bullied into handing a free kick to them, when it was clearly ours. Pretty much all our players had made their way up the field and then Boro had the free kick, lumped it up to the edge of the box and was it Hignett (sp?) that scored?

Bastards!

"Let it go!"...

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 17 Aug 2006 15:03

Reading Abbey I still haven't forgiven Boro for cheating us out of the Coca Cola League Cup Quarter Final.

Bastards!

That was all down to that clown Trevor Morley. I've yet to forgive him.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 17 Aug 2006 15:05

http://www.soccerbase.com/head2.sd?team ... am1id=2125

I'm shocked to find out that we've only beaten them twice in all our meetings. Let's make this saturday our THIRD win over them!

poohs pure

by poohs pure » 17 Aug 2006 15:29

East Stand Ste i was there and remember getting there ridiculosly early at 11am, going to mcdonalds and sitting outside the ground for ages!!....that was before my none drinking days, now of course i would just go to the pub and get pissed before the game!!

if it was before your non drinking days then surely you would of been drinking so rather than sitting outside the ground why didnt you get pissed?

by 1960 » 17 Aug 2006 15:36

Bastards!

Not to mention that the player who took the kick had been "injured" in the incident and went off the pitch. He came back on without the ref's permission and lumped ii up the pitch, as you said. I think the ref totally lost it during that incident.

And let it go? Not a chance. Just more motivation to avenge the defeat. Why do you think we kept beating Wolves every year? It just took us longer to get to this level, that's all. Then there's cheating Bolton...

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 17 Aug 2006 15:40

1960 Not to mention that the player who took the kick had been "injured" in the incident and went off the pitch. He came back on without the ref's permission and lumped ii up the pitch, as you said. I think the ref totally lost it during that incident.

I think this player is a certain ITV pundit these days. If I remember correctly, he came back on further down the pitch from where he originally left the pitch. Outrageous, that!

1960 And let it go? Not a chance. Just more motivation to avenge the defeat. Why do you think we kept beating Wolves every year? It just took us longer to get to this level, that's all. Then there's cheating Bolton...

Yeah, I'd just love it, love it, if we beat them, Bolton and Wet Sham. And Arsenal too. ;)

Alan Titchmarsh

by Alan Titchmarsh » 17 Aug 2006 17:22

Certainly about time we stopped the rot, lost our last three games against them without even scoring.

The 4-0 reverse at their place in Dec 97 was a bit baffling, it was 0-0 until 76th minute as I recall!

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 17 Aug 2006 17:27

Alan Titchmarsh The 4-0 reverse at their place in Dec 97 was a bit baffling, it was 0-0 until 76th minute as I recall!

Yeah, I remember that, travelled all the way up there, via Manchester ( :shock: ), and it was all for nothing!!!

I notice from the soccerbase record of that game, Caskey came on as a sub in the same minute as the first goal (77th minute). Was it before or after the goal?

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 17 Aug 2006 18:36

Bastards!

I was there - we were screwed.

13 posts   •   Page 1 of 1