Mark Lawrenson

Legend

Mark Lawrenson

by Legend » 17 Aug 2006 21:51

Lawro, if you are reading this, you were one of the best defenders of your generation, but boy do you spout some shit.

Say's our firepower will let us down and Watford will stay up because they have an energetic manager :lol:

I would like to know why everyone thinks we'll do a Sunderland just because we romped the league like they did a couple of years ago.

Small club syndrome who has never achieved anything is taking its toll again.

It's starting to wind me up all these pundits writing us off and saying the Blades and Watford have a better chance of staying up. I can't wait for us to get 3 points Saturday

COME ON READING - PROVE THE DOUBTERS WRONG

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 17 Aug 2006 21:52

Worst pundit on MOTD along with Le Saux.

pooandwee

by pooandwee » 17 Aug 2006 21:57

I wouldn't listen to the ox*ford oxfor*

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Mark Lawrenson

by londinium » 17 Aug 2006 22:00

Legend Lawro, if you are reading this, you were one of the best defenders of your generation, but boy do you spout some shit.

Say's our firepower will let us down and Watford will stay up because they have an energetic manager :lol:

I would like to know why everyone thinks we'll do a Sunderland just because we romped the league like they did a couple of years ago.

It's starting to wind me up all these pundits writing us off and saying the Blades and Watford have a better chance of staying up. I can't wait for us to get 3 points Saturday

FACT - Sunderland did NOT romp the League - They won it by 7 points with a further 2 points back to 3rd making it 9 points

FACT - Reading FC ROMPED the league - Won it by 16 points with a further 9 points back to 3rd making it 25 points!!!!!!!!

Legend

by Legend » 17 Aug 2006 22:01

londinium
Legend Lawro, if you are reading this, you were one of the best defenders of your generation, but boy do you spout some shit.

FACT - Sunderland did NOT romp the League - They won it by 7 points with a further 2 points back to 3rd making it 9 points

FACT - Reading FC ROMPED the league - Won it by 16 points with a further 9 points back to 3rd making it 25 points!!!!!!!!

Not my words

I agree with you.

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 17 Aug 2006 22:03

As he just came down from the moon?..did he miss last season..we scored 99 league goals last year, and why on earth do all the experts beleive that a team that finished 25 points behind last season will all of a sudden spout wings and overtake us this year?

Super_horns
Hob Nob Regular

by Super_horns » 17 Aug 2006 22:15

Royalee Worst pundit on MOTD along with Le Saux.

Thank god he got in a hissy fit and left!

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 17 Aug 2006 22:18

Super_horns

Did he?

Super_horns
Hob Nob Regular

by Super_horns » 17 Aug 2006 22:28

Royalee
Super_horns

Did he?

Before the World Cup because the Beeb wouldn't let Le Saux commentate on the England matches instead of Lawerson (it was probably a good thing as the matches were boring enough!)

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 17 Aug 2006 22:54

I'm tired of Lawrenson's 'clever' comments and the season has not even started yet.

Neil Webb Fan Club

by Neil Webb Fan Club » 17 Aug 2006 23:42

To me this just proves Lawro (like several other pundits I think) spends all his time looking at the Premiership and has taken a quick look at the three promoted clubs, decided that one of them will stay up and then picked that club on a hunch. I can't believe Watford will finish anywhere other than bottom and that we won't finish above them and Sheff Utd.
But i'm not annoyed about what Lawro or others say now as they'll soon change their tune if we get a few good results.
For me the best analysis of the pre season has come from Sir Steve himself on his latest interview on Reading World. We have a real chance but the players have to take this tremendous opportunity and step up to the next level. Come on URZZZZ.

topfuller

by topfuller » 18 Aug 2006 00:32

Pundits are paid to comment.. they know nothing about us so they do what we all would do... say we're crap. Then if we do good thay can simply say ... well I dont know how, but ....... I kinda though they would do good but .... ?

Ignore it and see what they are saying in October..

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 18 Aug 2006 01:18

yeh watched the footy programme on 5 tonight......they went through all the teams, then it came to the 3 sides who have come up and it was clear they knew absolutely nothing....they need goalscorers....er ok so 99 goals in one season isnt enough you muppets....sure it will alot alot harder this season but come on we dont have a bunch of muppets

Super_horns
Hob Nob Regular

by Super_horns » 18 Aug 2006 06:11

Neil Webb Fan Club To me this just proves Lawro (like several other pundits I think) spends all his time looking at the Premiership and has taken a quick look at the three promoted clubs, decided that one of them will stay up and then picked that club on a hunch. I can't believe Watford will finish anywhere other than bottom and that we won't finish above them and Sheff Utd.

So its ok if somebody predicts us or Sheffield United to be relegated but not you guys?

Pundits are paid to have some sort of opinon and its up to the 3 teams to prove them wrong as Wigan/West Ham did.

As somebody said its an outsiders view and some have praised you very highly but not us.

Works both ways.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 18 Aug 2006 06:31

topfuller Ignore it and see what they are saying in October..

Exactly.

I just hope that other teams/managers underestimate us in the same way.

midlandadie

by midlandadie » 18 Aug 2006 06:41

the motd pundits only know about the prem teams cause thats all they watch. dont take what they say all too heart cause they have know idea about our team. if you asked him to name eleven reading players he wouldnt have a clue.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 18 Aug 2006 07:15

londinium

People are just getting confused with different Sunderland teams, that's all. Sunderland won the league 2 years ago and then did shite in the following season. Sunderland's record of 105 points was broken by us, so we're going to do shite aswell. The FACT is that the season after Sunderland scored 105 they finished 7th in the Prem. THAT is what the pundits should focus on.

Anyone know how well they strengthened their 105 squad in that season?

igoe agogo

by igoe agogo » 18 Aug 2006 09:00

It's not the predictions that bother me, it's the complete lack of knowledge they base them on that gets to me.

You'd like to think that Lawro, who I expect is paid handsomely, would at least have looked at our goals record for last season, the fact that our reserve team held its own against a handful of prem clubs - being a plastic paddy, you might even have thought that he'd take an interest in our cork boys - but no.

Prick!

Varsity

by Varsity » 18 Aug 2006 09:01

I've never liked Lawrenson personally.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 18 Aug 2006 09:11

Varsity I've never liked Lawrenson personally.

I've never known him personally, but as a pundit he is as bad as the rest of them.