Mr Mad on BBC World

12 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Flyingkiwi
Hob Nob Regular

Mr Mad on BBC World

by Flyingkiwi » 18 Aug 2006 11:19

Just seen an advert for an upcoming interview on BBC World with Mr Mad ostensibly about the chances of the smaller clubs during this up-coming season. This may well be a repeat as JapanReading posted a similar thread some months ago but, then again, it may not be and I never saw the previous one anyway.

It's an ExtraTime interview with Rob Bonnet and will be screened during the next week.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 18 Aug 2006 11:25

I really don't want to hear from Mr Mad anymore this season as all he does is moan about costs and advertise that his club is for sale.

It's a little tiring and boring.

Love the guy to bits, but................................ SHUT IT,PLEASE?!!

kevan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by kevan » 18 Aug 2006 11:27

I think he has earned the right to talk

More than us really

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 18 Aug 2006 11:36

kevan I think he has earned the right to talk

More than us really

Yes, but not all the time about the same old repetative stuff.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 18 Aug 2006 12:58

Gordons Cumming

More than us really

Yes, but not all the time about the same old repetative stuff.

A bit like some of the posters on this board? :D

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 18 Aug 2006 13:19

More than us really

I'd say we are entitled to our opinion more than him, after all, the club wouldn't exist if it wasn't for the fans. No matter how much money he put into it

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 18 Aug 2006 13:22

Huntley & Palmer

More than us really

I'd say we are entitled to our opinion more than him, after all, the club wouldn't exist if it wasn't for the fans. No matter how much money he put into it

:?:

What a stupid thing to say. MK Dons have no fans, but they are still playing in the league. Meanwhile, clubs have gone bust and out of existence whilst they still had plenty of fans - like Aldershot.

Money makes the world go round...

Readingfanman
Hob Nob Regular

by Readingfanman » 18 Aug 2006 13:53

rabidbee
Huntley & Palmer

More than us really

:?:

What a stupid thing to say. MK Dons have no fans, but they are still playing in the league. Meanwhile, clubs have gone bust and out of existence whilst they still had plenty of fans - like Aldershot.

Money makes the world go round...

If the club has no fans , then there would be no club?
Comprende?

Peter Kay - Top of the To

by Peter Kay - Top of the To » 18 Aug 2006 13:55

Huntley & Palmer

More than us really

Perhaps you can name me a wealthy local businessman who would have been willing to put £50m into Reading Football Club back in 1990?

No, neither can I.

How do you think this club has kept going for the last 16 years? Monopoly Money??

Rob-Royal

by Rob-Royal » 18 Aug 2006 14:04

Huntley & Palmer

More than us really

Perhaps you can name me a wealthy local businessman who would have been willing to put £50m into Reading Football Club back in 1990?

No, neither can I.

How do you think this club has kept going for the last 16 years? Monopoly Money??

How incredibly naive can you get? Do you really think this has been a one way street for the fans benefit?

by Peter Kay - Top of the To » 18 Aug 2006 14:23

Rob-Royal
Huntley & Palmer

More than us really

No, neither can I.

How incredibly naive can you get? Do you really think this has been a one way street for the fans benefit?

I am simply responding to the implication that the fans were more important than Madejski in keeping the club going, which as is evident in other clubs that have had no investment and gone out of the league, is utter bollo*ks. I accept that fans buy tickets, spend lots of money and make a contribution every year. But that has never been enough for a club with our fan base to keep the club going.

I simply cannot believe how stupid some people are. This town would not even have a club at all if we hadnt had someone wealthy to stand up against Maxwell in 1983. So to put the fans on a higher level above people who dedicated their hard earned cash (Smee and Madejski) to the survival of this club is totally and utterly absurd. Its the sort of statement that comes out of the mouths of Johnny-Come-Latelys..

Rob-Royal

by Rob-Royal » 18 Aug 2006 17:34

Rob-Royal
Huntley & Palmer

More than us really

No, neither can I.

I am simply responding to the implication that the fans were more important than Madejski in keeping the club going, which as is evident in other clubs that have had no investment and gone out of the league, is utter bollo*ks. I accept that fans buy tickets, spend lots of money and make a contribution every year. But that has never been enough for a club with our fan base to keep the club going.

I simply cannot believe how stupid some people are. This town would not even have a club at all if we hadnt had someone wealthy to stand up against Maxwell in 1983. So to put the fans on a higher level above people who dedicated their hard earned cash (Smee and Madejski) to the survival of this club is totally and utterly absurd. Its the sort of statement that comes out of the mouths of Johnny-Come-Latelys..

They ARE more important. The fans are what make a club. Don't get all sentimental about Madejski. Smee saved Reading from Maxwell....like the way you realised you had to put Smee's name in there as well.....

Reading FC was around for 119 years before the wealthy chairman came along, and that was down to the fans who kept this club going. Some of them would turn up on a cold wet Tuesday night to watch us play Orient in the Leyland Vans Trophy and be able to count the number of away fans with less than 1,000 in the ground total. Those people kept this club going long before a wealthy chairman came along. So yeah, I guess that does give them more of a say......and long after wealthy chairman have gone those same people will still be there.

Johnny come lately....nice touch. Been on these boards since 94 when it all started & ST holder since 85..... :wink:

And no, I don't profess to be 'super fan' but felt the need to mention that just in case you thought I was some kind of Johnny come lately....oh, and my name's Rob, not Johnny.... :lol:

12 posts   •   Page 1 of 1