John Halls

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

John Halls

by M Brook » 20 Sep 2006 09:55

This should probably be in UR&G but I overheard a chap at the game last night who was saying he'd heard a rumour that John Halls used to be a professional footballer.

Basingstoke Royal

by Basingstoke Royal » 20 Sep 2006 09:58

Shocking display yet again.

Waste of money.

Still got a receipt?

Spirit of Elm Park

by Spirit of Elm Park » 20 Sep 2006 10:07

I can't believe how a player who wants to get into the first team can fail to take every opportunity given to him to impress.

Unless...he doesn't actually want to break into the first team and is quite happy picking up his £8-10k a week>?.

I'm actually starting to feel a bit begrudging that 50p of my ticket money every week is paying his wage.

Rob-Royal

by Rob-Royal » 20 Sep 2006 10:33

Ability aside, he totally lacked any energy, desire or enthusiasm. What's more he obviously isn't fit...certainly match fit. Against Feyenoord he was outpaced time & again and same last night. Failed to join up with attacking play and just looked totally disinterested.

De La Cruz on the other hand I thought had a very good game. Bombing forward and good on the ball, you could see the hunger and he really impressed, despite playing out of position at left back instead of on the right.

3 veesinarow
Hob Nob Regular

by 3 veesinarow » 20 Sep 2006 11:30

When Halls first joined us, I thought it was a decent move. His reputation preceded him and he looked a good investment for the future...then he put a kit on and started "playing".
I have never been one to pick out players and criticise them individually, but I am sorry to have to say that I will have to change the habit of a lifetime. Having seen him play poorly against Swedish park players, I didn't think he could get any worse, but he proved me wrong last night.

Comments from others on the match thread about him "having a decent game" are sadly misplaced and frankly astonishing. I defy anyone to watch back a tape of the game, focusing on him specifically and tell me one good thing he did all night long.

Beaten in the tackle, beaten for pace down the wing, poor in the air, shockingly inaccurate passing, mostly straight out of play, and devoid of ideas when running into space in the opposition penalty area with the ball at his feet...and all against Division Four opponents.

Sorry, John, but that's how it was.

Spirit of Elm Park

by Spirit of Elm Park » 20 Sep 2006 11:31

3 veesinarow When Halls first joined us, I thought it was a decent move. His reputation preceded him and he looked a good investment for the future...then he put a kit on and started "playing".
I have never been one to pick out players and criticise them individually, but I am sorry to have to say that I will have to change the habit of a lifetime. Having seen him play poorly against Swedish park players, I didn't think he could get any worse, but he proved me wrong last night.

Comments from others on the match thread about him "having a decent game" are sadly misplaced and frankly astonishing. I defy anyone to watch back a tape of the game, focusing on him specifically and tell me one good thing he did all night long.

Beaten in the tackle, beaten for pace down the wing, poor in the air, shockingly inaccurate passing, mostly straight out of play, and devoid of ideas when running into space in the opposition penalty area with the ball at his feet...and all against Division Four opponents.

Sorry, John, but that's how it was.

Its not you that should be apologising.

Evening Post

by Evening Post » 20 Sep 2006 11:38

Shoulda stayed in rehab IMO

Awful performance last night.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 20 Sep 2006 11:40

Have we had Spacey's verdict yet?

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 20 Sep 2006 12:48

Royal Rother Have we had Spacey's verdict yet?

He's probably not got home yet.

royal goof

by royal goof » 20 Sep 2006 12:50

He did make some cracking attempts at heading though!!

I was there at Elm Park

by I was there at Elm Park » 20 Sep 2006 12:57

I don't often criticise players and have defended some bad players in the past (Brooker, Bas Savage) but Halls was poor last night. Physically he just doesn't look like a pro. He's slow, caught out of position and he was beaten every time by their winger. One thing I would say in his defence was that his improvement was the catalyst for our equalizer. Before then we struggling to create chances but with the extra space after they went down to 10 men he started to link up well with Little. He started to look good on the ball, showing good skill but was still looking woeful defensively and you've got to remember that Darlo were down to 10 men and were shattered. If he's still at the club in February I'd be surprised.

Y25

by Y25 » 20 Sep 2006 13:14

I got quite upset that he was more concerned with his appearance than playing football

how many times did he run his fingers through hs hair like a girl must have been 50+

He's even doing it on the bac page of the post!

What a Colin

Basingstoke Royal

by Basingstoke Royal » 20 Sep 2006 13:19

We should also bear in mind that the guy that was skipping past him everytime, like he wasnt there, was an ageing Julian Joachim.

Be fair to Joachim though, we is still quick. Or perhaps he just looked quick against what was a pretty slow defence (apart from De La Cruz - he is awesome).

jimmy_jive

by jimmy_jive » 20 Sep 2006 13:23

[quote="

De La Cruz on the other hand I thought had a very good game. Bombing forward and good on the ball, you could see the hunger and he really impressed, despite playing out of position at left back instead of on the right.[/quote]

Agree with this.

He seemed to go past players without even trying, no silky skills, just went past them, good stuff!

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 20 Sep 2006 13:26

To put it bluntly....

JOHN HALLS IS SHIT

royal.badger

by royal.badger » 20 Sep 2006 14:26

AbovetheI To put it bluntly....

JOHN HALLS IS SHIT

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 20 Sep 2006 14:34

It's almost as if Tommy Burns had signed him.

Spotters Badge

by Spotters Badge » 20 Sep 2006 14:39

John Halls Professional Footballer :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 20 Sep 2006 14:40

Spotters Badge John Halls Professional Footballer :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep he is, all the way to the bank.

Philly Flyer

by Philly Flyer » 20 Sep 2006 17:32

...but will anybody take him in January??

Watching last night I kept thinking about how we let Makin move on (yes I know S'ton offered him a 2 yr deal and apparently he had a deal with Coppell that he would be released if another club offered regular first team action and more than a 1 yr deal)...we'll just have to hope that Capt Murts and Shorey don't get injured at the same time!! :roll: