Ulises De La Cruz

tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

Ulises De La Cruz

by tomrfcurz » 02 Oct 2006 15:29

Nicknames 'useless' de la cruz at villa but i think hes done ok here i was really happy to see him start on sunday iv also got a song:

To the tune of sonko is superman- Ulises De La Cruz Ulises de la Cruz etc.

roland*

by roland* » 02 Oct 2006 15:33

Brilliant.

easxmn

by easxmn » 02 Oct 2006 15:34

he did well when positioned correctly, gave it up a few times though. he made the plays when necessary, not a bad performance at all

brighton_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by brighton_royal » 02 Oct 2006 15:37

Got to say he looked like he could use a bit more time working with the team. He looked OK at digging out tackles but some of his passing was a bit scary to be honest.

Not at all bad considering what a short time he has been with the club though.

Rhys The Royal

Re: Ulises De La Cruz

by Rhys The Royal » 02 Oct 2006 15:38

tomrfcurz Nicknames 'useless' de la cruz at villa but i think hes done ok here i was really happy to see him start on sunday iv also got a song:

Correcting your spelling seems to be the theme of the day so here goes....

He's
I've

Jaques Francais
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Jaques Francais » 02 Oct 2006 15:42

Rhys The Royal
tomrfcurz Nicknames 'useless' de la cruz at villa but i think hes done ok here i was really happy to see him start on sunday iv also got a song:

He's
I've

:lol:

I thought DLC had a good starting debut for the team. For me, it just seemed like he was beaten for pace a little too often. Now at 32, that isn't really a surprise, but I wonder if the famed sports science at RFC may help with this, along with some better positioning. Still, overall a good performance and I for one am pleased to have him as cover for Murts in preferences to Halls.

readingfc_4_life_and_beyo

by readingfc_4_life_and_beyo » 02 Oct 2006 15:52

Jaques Francais
Rhys The Royal

He's
I've

I thought DLC had a good starting debut for the team. For me, it just seemed like he was beaten for pace a little too often. Now at 32, that isn't really a surprise, but I wonder if the famed sports science at RFC may help with this, along with some better positioning. Still, overall a good performance and I for one am pleased to have him as cover for Murts in preferences to Halls.

Have you seen how quick the West Ham players are anyway? They aren't exactly slow!

Good performance although i do feel he could have done a bit more on the occassion when he hit it out for throw-ins. Better safer than sorry though, so fair play to the bloke

Jaques Francais
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Jaques Francais » 02 Oct 2006 15:53

Jaques Francais
Rhys The Royal

He's
I've

Have you seen how quick the West Ham players are anyway? They aren't exactly slow!

Good performance although i do feel he could have done a bit more on the occassion when he hit it out for throw-ins. Better safer than sorry though, so fair play to the bloke

I must admit they are not slouches. Particularly admire Benayoun.

.:BigDaveInTheDungeon:.

by .:BigDaveInTheDungeon:. » 02 Oct 2006 15:55

brighton_royal Got to say he looked like he could use a bit more time working with the team. He looked OK at digging out tackles but some of his passing was a bit scary to be honest.

Not at all bad considering what a short time he has been with the club though.

don't forget how worrying sonkos passing and random punts were when he first started though, look at him now.

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 02 Oct 2006 16:05

I thought it was a very composed debut, safer than sorrier is right and he looked pretty steady - just that foray into midfield late on caused a few jitters.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 02 Oct 2006 16:12

Thought he lacked absolutely awful first half, although he did improve a bit in the second. We nearly conceded a couple of goals where Etherington passed him far too easily and I'll be happy when Murts is back.

kadzidlo
Location: Head Researcher of Reading FC for SI Games - Football Manager Game

by kadzidlo » 02 Oct 2006 17:11

I think he's a good replacement to have when Murts is out.

The Surgeon of Crowthorne

by The Surgeon of Crowthorne » 02 Oct 2006 17:22

I did hear someone on 606 saying he had a nightmare, so was this a typical over-reaction? (I didn't go, BTW, in case you ask!)

International Royal

by International Royal » 02 Oct 2006 17:23

I thought he did OK.

I was dreading the RH side getting taken apart prior to the game. Seol hasn't been fantastic at tracking back before Sunday. I felt he worked hard and really helped Cruz out.

Cruz lacks pace though and maybe Bikey may be a better option.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 02 Oct 2006 17:25

The Surgeon of Crowthorne I did hear someone on 606 saying he had a nightmare, so was this a typical over-reaction? (I didn't go, BTW, in case you ask!)

No, not really, although he did improve slightly in the second half, although that wouldn't have taken much.

by readingfc_4_life_and_beyo » 02 Oct 2006 18:58

Royalee
The Surgeon of Crowthorne I did hear someone on 606 saying he had a nightmare, so was this a typical over-reaction? (I didn't go, BTW, in case you ask!)

No, not really, although he did improve slightly in the second half, although that wouldn't have taken much.

Not an over reaction? Pardon? No one on that pitch had a nightmare yesturday. FACT.

I would say he was slightly underaverage at the very least.

Maybe you're too use to Murtys play. He has turned himself into a truly great right back.

But to say DLC had a nightmare :?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Oct 2006 19:04

I can't say I consider Royalee to have the most objective of opinions so I'll assume he had a reasonable game, but showed weaknesses.

bottom left hand corner

by bottom left hand corner » 02 Oct 2006 19:05

He did ok but almost gave a goal away when he went for a wonder with the ball. He got tackled and didnt get back to his possition and they passed it out to the right and he crossed it low and bobby zamora nearly scored. Thats mainly my consoncern.

Irvinchangeyaname

by Irvinchangeyaname » 02 Oct 2006 19:07

Not the opinion of the guy that sat behind me. Audibly telling DLC to O*ford out of the side every time he came near the away fans. I don't mind what opinion people have of him, but to give one of our players abuse is a disgrace.

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 02 Oct 2006 22:46

Was he very stocky about 40ish with a near skinhead (dark hair)...?