Anyone else feel ashmed to be english after lampards antics?

MattRFC

Anyone else feel ashmed to be english after lampards antics?

by MattRFC » 15 Oct 2006 20:44

I feel ashamed and disgusted to be english! After seeing Frank Lampard's theatrics last night, i for one have lost all respect and feel disgraced to have seen one of the best english midfielders go to ground under the slightest of touches when he could have easily stayed on his feet. I honestly thought us english were not the sort to be falling all over the place after the smallest contact, i know sadly it has become common place in the premiership but i really wouldn't expect someone like Frank Lampard to hit the deck that easily. Anyone else share the same feeling? The only person/ppl in the chelsea team that left that pitch with any respect from me was JT and sadly the 2 injured keepers.
It might be a bit strong but there really is no place or need for "simulation" in football.
i've had my rant, feel happier now :D

1871 Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by 1871 Royal » 15 Oct 2006 20:45

One word answer to this : Yes

Harold

by Harold » 15 Oct 2006 20:45

oh dear! Slight over-reaction methinks.

Mrs Butler
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Mrs Butler » 15 Oct 2006 20:47

no not at all... he should be ashamed to call himself English

Harold

by Harold » 15 Oct 2006 20:50

Mrs Butler no not at all... he should be ashamed to call himself English

:roll: Fickle.

higher
Hob Nob Regular

by higher » 15 Oct 2006 20:51

Never ashamed to be English but increasingly disapointed that the beautiful game is tarnished with professional cheating.Some top players have it down to a fine art.
Refs should be able to immediately red card such cheats as they are not welcome in the game.The FA should suspend proovable cases of deliberate cheating by long suspensions or even deduction of points.GO HARD.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 15 Oct 2006 20:52

Harold oh dear! Slight over-reaction methinks.

Shame it's left to your English boys to cheat, just as you seem to have reformed your Dutch and African contingent! Shame the rest of your over-priced over-paid prima donnas couldn't rise to the challenge in the way Drogba did. I thought he seemed to be revelling in the contest, and was an example to all your lot. Went up a lot in my eyes yesterday. Shame Lampard is such a cheat now. You'd never see his father stoop so low. (Yes I am old enough to have seen him play!)

My wife's Irish, so maybe I should apply for Irish citizenship in support of Hunty! England's fcuked now anyway thanks to Blair and Lampard!

Bring on the Arsenal!

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 15 Oct 2006 20:52

There are more boards than Team, y'know.
Last edited by Row Z Royal on 15 Oct 2006 20:54, edited 1 time in total.

Harold

by Harold » 15 Oct 2006 20:53

strap

Shame it's left to your English boys to cheat, just as you seem to have reformed your Dutch and African contingent! Shame the rest of your over-priced over-paid prima donnas couldn't rise to the challenge in the way Drogba did. I thought he seemed to be revelling in the contest, and was an example to all your lot. Went up a lot in my eyes yesterday. Shame Lampard is such a cheat now. You'd never see his father stoop so low. (Yes I am old enough to have seen him play!)

My wife's Irish, so maybe I should apply for Irish citizenship in support of Hunty! England's fcuked now anyway thanks to Blair and Lampard!

Bring on the Arsenal!

Lets not forget Gerrard with his diving too then. Although that's ok because he plays for Liverpool.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 15 Oct 2006 20:56

Harold
strap

Bring on the Arsenal!

Lets not forget Gerrard with his diving too then. Although that's ok because he plays for Liverpool.

Yes. Yes it is.

Mrs Butler
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Mrs Butler » 15 Oct 2006 20:57

Harold

:roll: Fickle.

well why should we be ashamed of his actions..

MattRFC

by MattRFC » 15 Oct 2006 20:57

ok granted, if a player has a chance to dive to win a free kick or pen you know probably about 80% plus would, its just so disappointing to see top players having to cheat to win things for their team

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 15 Oct 2006 21:01

More ashmead to think that Terry (England Captain) was a decent hard playing leader of men.

Spent most of yesterday crying to the ref

fruits

by fruits » 15 Oct 2006 21:01

Especially added to his brilliant non display in Croatia, the man is a hyped up diver who has had one good season and will live off it for the rest of his days.

I hope Man U or Arsenal win the Premiership and that Ambramovitch, Kenyon and Moanrinho go and fcuk themselves along with most of their cheating players. Barcelona won 3-1 against Seville tonight in the Spanish league a similar scoreline for them on Wednesday would be great. Terry, Drogba and Lampard sent off for diving and Moanrinho sent to the stands even better.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Anyone else feel ashmed to be english after lampards ant

by skipper » 15 Oct 2006 21:01

MattRFC I feel ashamed and disgusted to be english!

Since 90% of the Chelsea team isn't English, and i dont put all the blame on Lampards, no im not ashamed. And i dont think that even comes into it.

How ever i am ashamed to see first time (having never seen Man Utd & Chelsea before) how the UK's 'top teams' play.

I really can't wait to see a team like Bolton, who fundermentally are gentlemen, as with the championship last year. Thought there are always players that Chuff you off, most players out of the 'top 4' actually want to play football, the rest want Oscars.

I am really gutted to of whitnessed this level of unprofesinalism first hand, and have no respect for Jose's managment.

He has let down british football.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 15 Oct 2006 21:02

MattRFC I feel ashamed and disgusted to be english! After seeing Frank Lampard's theatrics last night, i for one have lost all respect and feel disgraced to have seen one of the best english midfielders go to ground under the slightest of touches when he could have easily stayed on his feet.

Unless you think there's anything particularly English about it, the sentiment seems totally misplaced.

What is sad is that it seems to be an accepted part of the game.

To an extent I blame the refs. Because they never give a free kick if a player stays on his feet, it's created a culture where players feel they have to dive to win a free kick. Once they've perfected the art of making the most of minimal contact it's only a small step to falling under contact that nearly been made.

Harold

by Harold » 15 Oct 2006 21:03

fruits

Especially added to his brilliant non display in Croatia, the man is a hyped up diver who has had one good season and will live off it for the rest of his days.

I hope Man U or Arsenal win the Premiership and that Ambramovitch, Kenyon and Moanrinho go and fcuk themselves along with most of their cheating players. Barcelona won 3-1 against Seville tonight in the Spanish league a similar scoreline for them on Wednesday would be great. Terry, Drogba and Lampard sent off for diving and Moanrinho sent to the stands even better.

When I read "one good season" I stopped reading your post as I knew the rest would be tosh.

Rob-Royal

by Rob-Royal » 15 Oct 2006 21:06

Harold
fruits

When I read "one good season" I stopped reading your post as I knew the rest would be tosh.

Poor old 'Arold, you've been busy lately defending your beloved local team...your fingers must be nearly worn out! :lol:

fruits

by fruits » 15 Oct 2006 21:09

Harold
fruits

Perhaps if your powers of concentration were better you might learn something,the only one who writes tosh is you my friend.Why don´t you stay on the Chelsea site and then you will see some tosh?.

MartinRdg

by MartinRdg » 15 Oct 2006 21:17

MattRFC I feel ashamed and disgusted to be english! After seeing Frank Lampard's theatrics last night, i for one have lost all respect and feel disgraced to have seen one of the best english midfielders go to ground under the slightest of touches when he could have easily stayed on his feet. I honestly thought us english were not the sort to be falling all over the place after the smallest contact, i know sadly it has become common place in the premiership but i really wouldn't expect someone like Frank Lampard to hit the deck that easily. Anyone else share the same feeling? The only person/ppl in the chelsea team that left that pitch with any respect from me was JT and sadly the 2 injured keepers.
It might be a bit strong but there really is no place or need for "simulation" in football.
i've had my rant, feel happier now :D

You have respect for JT? What a complete whinger who should have been sent off for his reaction and ungentlemanly conduct on a number of occasions.