Don Givens Hits Out At Reading

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
xtreme rebel

Don Givens Hits Out At Reading

by xtreme rebel » 17 Oct 2006 19:42

Before you read below, Don Givens is a twat of the highest order. He has very little respect for eircom League players and is always urging them to move across to England. He's blind to the talent in the eircom League, this was evident by how long it took him to call up Kevin Doyle when he was with Cork City.

Take no notice of this fool, just thought ye'd be interested.

With Reading pulling him out, does this mean that Long could be in line for a starting role against Arsenal at the weekend?

[quote]

Givens hits out at Reading for Long withdrawal
October 17, 2006

Republic of Ireland under-21 manager Don Givens has criticized Premiership club Reading for withdrawing striker Shane Long at the last minute from his squad for this week’s friendly international in Luxembourg.

Long, who has made five appearances in the Premiership this season, was promoted to Givens’s squad last week and had been expected to make his under-21 debut in Mamer.

However, his club pulled him out hours before he was due to link up with the rest of the travelling party.

And Givens was not impressed. He told the Irish Sun: “Shane isn’t injured. He’s just been pulled out, full stop.

“I was only told on Monday morning which is disappointing because we were travelling in the afternoon and that didn’t give me much time to make alternative plans.â€

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 17 Oct 2006 19:46

He did OK on Saturday, but I think Lita will still start, with Long on the bench. It's probably a reaction to the tiredness some of the players have shown after returning from International duties, and this is only a friendly.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Oct 2006 19:51

And of course Doyle is carrying an injury. If it flared up after the game, then It's no surprise Long would be recalled. wait and see I guess

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 18 Oct 2006 19:17

Ian Royal And of course Doyle is carrying an injury. If it flared up after the game, then It's no surprise Long would be recalled. wait and see I guess

Now this I don't understand - if Long was withdrawn to keep him safe for Sunday then why is he playing for the reserves tonight?

A u21 game is surely preferable at this stage of his career?

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 18 Oct 2006 21:01

bit harsh to lock my Shane Long thread :(

anyway, 2-0 to Ireland, spoke to Steve Staunton (he looked haunted).

About 450 in the crowd, mostly ex pats (or current Pats, :) )

five medium sized beers and three barbecued sausages.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1