Jade Goodey in Y25?

newbiscuit

Jade Goodey in Y25?

by newbiscuit » 29 Jan 2007 21:26

Having seen Jade Goodey in full flow on BIG BROTHER telling Shilpra to oxf*rd Off etc. etc. and generally showing herself up as a highly unintelligent and unlikeable low life scum bag, that made all half decent people cringe with embarressment, i got to thinking that sometimes when Y25 sing/chant that we could be viewed in the same way, as the possible Jade Goodey of football.
I'm not trying to be a prude, but when an opposition player goes down and the chant of 'Shit On The Floor' goes up, don't you just want to hide your face with embarressment. Now, i can just about live with 'Your support is oxf*rd Shit' which is surely crude for the sake of being crude, as is 'oxf*rd Off Mourinhio' and as the peoplle that continually recite these unpleasantries cant see any harm in what they are shouting, i would like to nominate that we officially rename Y25 as 'THE JADE GOODEY SECTION', and perhaps a collective name for the singers as 'JADE GOODEY's'.

Yeah, yeah, i know, its true that we had equally crude chants in the 70s & 80s, along with hooligans and diminishing crowds, but then as now, most people didn't join in, and football has moved on since then.

Super Kevin Bremner!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Jade Goodey in Y25?

by Super Kevin Bremner! » 29 Jan 2007 21:31

newpotato Having seen Jade Goodey in full flow on BIG BROTHER telling Shilpra to oxf*rd Off etc. etc. and generally showing herself up as a highly unintelligent and unlikeable low life scum bag, that made all half decent people cringe with embarressment, i got to thinking that sometimes when Y25 sing/chant that we could be viewed in the same way, as the possible Jade Goodey of football.
I'm not trying to be a prude, but when an opposition player goes down and the chant of 'Shit On The Floor' goes up, don't you just want to hide your face with embarressment. Now, i can just about live with 'Your support is oxf*rd Shit' which is surely crude for the sake of being crude, as is 'oxf*rd Off Mourinhio' and as the peoplle that continually recite these unpleasantries cant see any harm in what they are shouting, i would like to nominate that we officially rename Y25 as 'THE JADE GOODEY SECTION', and perhaps a collective name for the singers as 'JADE GOODEY's'.

Yeah, yeah, i know, its true that we had equally crude chants in the 70s & 80s, along with hooligans and diminishing crowds, but then as now, most people didn't join in, and football has moved on since then.

You must be on a wind-up!?

Is this guess the fisherman time?

el_presidente

by el_presidente » 29 Jan 2007 21:33

newbiscuit Having seen Jade Goodey in full flow on BIG BROTHER telling Shilpra to oxf*rd Off etc. etc. and generally showing herself up as a highly unintelligent and unlikeable low life scum bag, that made all half decent people cringe with embarressment, i got to thinking that sometimes when Y25 sing/chant that we could be viewed in the same way, as the possible Jade Goodey of football.

It's a football match not a ballet performance. I for one pay my money to support Reading and shout abuse at the ref and the other team (though I keep it just about within the bounds of taste) I can't do that at work or at home, if you don't like it may I recommend London Irish or perhaps Hampshire CCC?

higher
Hob Nob Regular

by higher » 29 Jan 2007 21:35

The collective tribal Goodyite lobby exists at every club to differing degrees.I dont think RFC fans can lay claim to any superior version of it IMHO.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 29 Jan 2007 21:35

Who is Jade Goodey?

exileinleeds
Hob Nob Addict

by exileinleeds » 29 Jan 2007 21:38

newbiscuit Having seen Jade Goodey in full flow on BIG BROTHER telling Shilpra to oxf*rd Off etc. etc. and generally showing herself up as a highly unintelligent and unlikeable low life scum bag, that made all half decent people cringe with embarressment, i got to thinking that sometimes when Y25 sing/chant that we could be viewed in the same way, as the possible Jade Goodey of football.

Royal Rother- are you pissed and having an identity crisis?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 29 Jan 2007 21:41

How sterile do we want to make the raw passion and fun banter of football?

Plastic.

Cavaman

by Cavaman » 29 Jan 2007 22:16

I agree with you newbiscuit. And chanting at rotund, follicly challenged opposition fans by hundreds of so called reading fans who can't find suitable chants for their own team instead presumably just covers for their own inadequacies.

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 29 Jan 2007 22:25

you need to stop watching this programmes and get out more and speak to people rather than use your tv as a human goldfish bowl
Last edited by royalsteve on 29 Jan 2007 22:38, edited 1 time in total.

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 29 Jan 2007 22:30

That Friday Feeling Who is Jade Goodey?

some ugly loud mouthed pig that appeared on a 2nd rate tv show and she apparently made a racist comment which is obviously bigger news than some muslims in court for trying to blow up trains in London....must have been really bad then! :roll:

The show I am told is so bad that its worse than watching teletext that apparently up to 8 million saddo's watch - why not buy a goldfish bowl, put some fish in it and watch that instead?

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 29 Jan 2007 22:36

Cavaman I agree with you newbiscuit. And chanting at rotund, follicly challenged opposition fans by hundreds of so called reading fans who can't find suitable chants for their own team instead presumably just covers for their own inadequacies.

next clapping, chanting and celebrating will be banned because of noise pollution - you need to get out more - if you dont like it dont go, others will gladly take your place

Super Kevin Bremner!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Super Kevin Bremner! » 29 Jan 2007 22:39

royalsteve
Cavaman I agree with you newbiscuit. And chanting at rotund, follicly challenged opposition fans by hundreds of so called reading fans who can't find suitable chants for their own team instead presumably just covers for their own inadequacies.

next clapping, chanting and celebrating will be banned because of noise pollution - you need to get out more - if you dont like it dont go, others will gladly take your place

I'm not sure this thread's for real!

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 29 Jan 2007 22:40

newbiscuit Shilpra

It's Shilpa, racist!

Pridders

by Pridders » 29 Jan 2007 22:42

oxf*rd Off Racist

Bill Oddie
Location: By the bamboo bush in the central reservation on the M4

by Bill Oddie » 29 Jan 2007 22:44

A throw back to the 80's southbank

How about "A town full of popadoms, you've got a town full of popadoms"

:lol:

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 29 Jan 2007 23:07

Bill Oddie A throw back to the 80's southbank

How about "A town full of popadoms, you've got a town full of popadoms"

To the northern fans:

"If you can't speak English shut your mouth, if you can't speak English shut your mouth...."

playoffs or layoffs

by playoffs or layoffs » 29 Jan 2007 23:53

Im Spartacus

by Im Spartacus » 30 Jan 2007 08:55

exileinleeds

Royal Rother- are you pissed and having an identity crisis?

That looks like a great shout EIL.

G'La

by G'La » 30 Jan 2007 08:56

Shut it West Upper!

Cavaman

by Cavaman » 30 Jan 2007 08:58

royalsteve

I didn't think that I what I said implied no celebrating. What I don't like is insulting, bullying behaviour towards individual fans. If you think that it is better than chanting to support your own team, then perhaps it is you who should not bother going to games.

You could stand outside your own house and insult anyone who passes by and it would cost a lot less to do so.