songs from last night

purleyroyal

songs from last night

by purleyroyal » 28 Feb 2007 13:14

Unfortunately I wasn't at the MadStad last night but watched the tape when I got home from a prior engagement (not knowing the final result).
I cuild hear a lot of songs and chants - but the words weren't all that clear.
What were the main ones and were they us?
Was someone really singing Cheer up Mark McGhee?

Garry Mann

by Garry Mann » 28 Feb 2007 13:16

Apart from the der ders and blue army it was all United, and they were all turning around putting two fingers up to Keegan for the 'cheer up' song

AndyRFC
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AndyRFC » 28 Feb 2007 13:17

All Reading fans could muster up was 'F*ck off Mourniho'

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: songs from last night

by Forbury Lion » 28 Feb 2007 13:17

purleyroyal Was someone really singing Cheer up Mark McGhee?
Was Cheer up Alan Shearer, sung by the London Red's to Mr Shearer who was in the MOTD box next to the scoreboard.

EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 28 Feb 2007 13:18

It was mostly Man U fans singing last night. Was good away support but the 3 early goals knocked the stuffing out of everyone in the home ends.

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 28 Feb 2007 13:19

Garry Mann Apart from the der ders and blue army it was all United, and they were all turning around putting two fingers up to Keegan for the 'cheer up' song

Keegan???? I thought it was aimed at Alan Shearer ...

To be honest would Manu have sung if they had just gone 3 donw in under 6 mins?

They never sung when they went 1 down in the league match

Garry Mann

by Garry Mann » 28 Feb 2007 13:20

bigmike
Garry Mann Apart from the der ders and blue army it was all United, and they were all turning around putting two fingers up to Keegan for the 'cheer up' song

My BIG mistake, yes, of course it was Shearer

Sharpy
Hob Nob Regular

by Sharpy » 28 Feb 2007 13:21

well utd do have to make up for their home games :roll:

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 28 Feb 2007 13:23

AndyRFC All Reading fans could muster up was 'F*ck off Mourniho'

God that pissed me off. I could see you getting pissed off too AngryRFC! Also, why the fcuk were Y26 sing "One Alan Shearer, there's only one ALan Shearer" :?: :?: :?:

God i hate Y26 and their plasticness. :roll:

Garry Mann

by Garry Mann » 28 Feb 2007 13:25

AbovetheI

God that pissed me off. I could see you getting pissed off too AngryRFC! Also, why the fcuk were Y26 sing "One Alan Shearer, there's only one ALan Shearer" :?: :?: :?:

It's because United fans, quite amusingly, all turned around to the box to sing and swear at Shearer.

In retaliation, the 100mph brigade of der der ders thought they'd be equally amusing by singing 'there's only one alan shearer'

:roll:

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 28 Feb 2007 13:26

Garry Mann
AbovetheI

It's because United fans, quite amusingly, all turned around to the box to sing and swear at Shearer.

In retaliation, the 100mph brigade of der der ders thought they'd be equally amusing by singing 'there's only one alan shearer'

Saw that, was quite funny. Also the Hansen chants were amusing. Did he retaliate to the Utd supporters? If so, how?

Garry Mann

by Garry Mann » 28 Feb 2007 13:28

AbovetheI
Garry Mann
AbovetheI

Saw that, was quite funny. Also the Hansen chants were amusing. Did he retaliate to the Utd supporters? If so, how?

I couldn't see but apparently Hansen stood up and showed 5 fingers (well 4 and a thumb) so fair play to him

Shearer was though, according to tv viewers, fuming at half time, particulary when Ian Wright said he was enjoying the chants :lol:
Last edited by Garry Mann on 28 Feb 2007 13:29, edited 1 time in total.

AndyRFC
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AndyRFC » 28 Feb 2007 13:28

AbovetheI

Reading fans, being fickle since 1871

I was absolutely fuming, why the need to sing about a Portugese tosser who has nothing to do with the game in question?

Chip_Shop_Matt

by Chip_Shop_Matt » 28 Feb 2007 13:29

Some Man Utd twot called into 606 on 5live after the game. He had watched the game on telly and, in his best southern accent, went on and on about how disgusting it was to hear the rude words in the songs Reading fans were singing.

‘’…the F word was used in all of their chants, it was disgusting and childish and shows the size of the Reading fans intelligence’’.

Then Ray Stubbs informs this scrote that that actually it was the Utd fans who were singing those songs. Brilliant.

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 28 Feb 2007 13:30

Garry Mann
bigmike

My BIG mistake, yes, of course it was Shearer

Nah it wasn't that big a mistake they are both Arseholes :lol:

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 28 Feb 2007 13:30

AndyRFC
AbovetheI

I was absolutely fuming, why the need to sing about a Portugese tosser who has nothing to do with the game in question?

Again i agree. I did cringe especially as it was being sung to supporters that A) Were enjoying being 3-0 up and B) have some of the most origional songs in the country. Pissed me off a right treat, although im not quite as extrovert as yourself. :wink:

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 28 Feb 2007 13:34

AbovetheI
AndyRFC
AbovetheI

Again i agree. I did cringe especially as it was being sung to supporters that A) Were enjoying being 3-0 up and B) have some of the most origional songs in the country. Pissed me off a right treat, although im not quite as extrovert as yourself. :wink:

I have to admit I never heard them singing that however I seem to have managed to tune those scrotes out now

Garry Mann

by Garry Mann » 28 Feb 2007 13:39

Chip_Shop_Matt Some Reading twot called into 606 on 5live after the game. He had watched the game on telly and, in his best Basingstoke accent, went on and on about how disgusting it was to hear the rubbish songs ManU fans were singing.

‘’…the D word was used in all of their chants, it was disgusting and childish and shows the size of the ManU fans intelligence’’.

Then Ray Stubbs informs this scrote that that actually it was the Reading fans who were singing those songs. Brilliant.

watfordroyal

by watfordroyal » 28 Feb 2007 13:41

Couldn't hear Manure a great deal in the North stand, They were obviously all cocky after going 3-0 up, but a lot quieter in the second half.
I wonder why?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 28 Feb 2007 13:59

every man u fan ive talked to said the atmosphere was great from both ends, UTD were loud when 3-0 up, but they petered out as it wore on, and vice versa for us

and as for original chants?

singing about docherty,and busby all game
not really original is it