the one annoying thing about today...

a royal called morty

the one annoying thing about today...

by a royal called morty » 03 Mar 2007 20:21

.... Was the group of fans sitting behind me.
1)every time myself, my freinds or anyone else in front of stood up to join in with chants they just shouted sit down as soon as we stood up.
2) This is the one that really pisses me off, there were arsenal fans right behind me, who clapped when they scored and were wearing arsenal scarves. How did they get tickets in our end when they should have been in their own end, and the tickets could have gone to some of our fans who wanted them more.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 03 Mar 2007 20:26

Do you have a problem with the term " all seater"?

having said that the view was not great and when the arse fans to the left stood we had to as well.

test icicles

Re: the one annoying thing about today...

by test icicles » 03 Mar 2007 20:36

a royal called morty .... Was the group of fans sitting behind me.
1)every time myself, my freinds or anyone else in front of stood up to join in with chants they just shouted sit down as soon as we stood up.

This happened to me aswell. The most annoying of cases was when we were a good counter attack and i stood up as did a fair few others and they actually grabbed me and pushed me back down.
Last edited by test icicles on 03 Mar 2007 20:38, edited 1 time in total.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 03 Mar 2007 20:37

I think the point is these weren't reading fans but were in the reading end.

Not only that but they seemed to have had the audacity to wear Arsenal colours and applaud Arsenal.

And not only that but they dared to tell Reading fans to sit down in the Reading end.

Plastics who suddenly have found it in themselves to support their local club are forgivable. But people who come into the reading end (home or away) to support the other team are, as far as I'm concerned absolute scum of the earth.

They can consider themselves lucky it wasn't me sitting in front of them - I'd deliberately piss them right off all game.

I've a zero tolerance for those sorts of people.

NTRoyal

by NTRoyal » 03 Mar 2007 20:50

wouldn't surprise me if they were mad stad regulars that actually support arsenal and watch reading as a way to see their team.

like most people living in the thames valley area.

rfc_prem2006

by rfc_prem2006 » 03 Mar 2007 20:51

i dont mind people standing up in front of me, as i will just follow suit, but when someone is just standing up for no reason whatsoever and everyone around them is sitting down, then that annoys me!

I was close to those people standing up today...was funny when they started shouting sit down themselves just blatantly ripping it out the obvious West Standers!

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 03 Mar 2007 20:53

NTRoyal wouldn't surprise me if they were mad stad regulars that actually support arsenal and watch reading as a way to see their team.

Hmmm... let's think about this for half a second. These people have owned season tickets for atleast the last three seasons and gone to a considerable number of away games in the hope that Reading would be promoted to the Premiership so they could see their team play twice.

Is your statement sounding daft enough yet?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 03 Mar 2007 21:04

Why even bother dignifying it....?

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 03 Mar 2007 21:07

Royal Rother Why even bother dignifying it....?

I've got some spare time on my hands, sat here waiting for the lunar eclipse to start hotting up.

a royal called morty

by a royal called morty » 03 Mar 2007 21:18

2 world wars, 1 world cup I think the point is these weren't reading fans but were in the reading end.

Not only that but they seemed to have had the audacity to wear Arsenal colours and applaud Arsenal.

And not only that but they dared to tell Reading fans to sit down in the Reading end.

Plastics who suddenly have found it in themselves to support their local club are forgivable. But people who come into the reading end (home or away) to support the other team are, as far as I'm concerned absolute scum of the earth.

They can consider themselves lucky it wasn't me sitting in front of them - I'd deliberately piss them right off all game.

Exactly what i was getting at, also the fact that these tickets taken up by the opposition fans could have gone to our own fans who would have wanted them more.

Irvinchangeyaname

by Irvinchangeyaname » 03 Mar 2007 21:42

2 world wars, 1 world cup I think the point is these weren't reading fans but were in the reading end.

I too am scum of the earth then as I was one of at least 15-20 wearing Reading shirts in the Arsenal end in the Cup last season!

As for the Arsenal fans in the Reading end today, I blame Nicky Shorey. On Sky Sports this morning he said he'd taken about 20 tickets, most of which were for his family and friends who were Arsenal fans!!!

Warfield Royal

by Warfield Royal » 03 Mar 2007 22:09

Irvinchangeyaname As for the Arsenal fans in the Reading end today, I blame Nicky Shorey. On Sky Sports this morning he said he'd taken about 20 tickets, most of which were for his family and friends who were Arsenal fans!!!

I assume that the number of tickets allocated to staff at Reading FC must run into 100's of tickets for each big away game.

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 03 Mar 2007 22:42

The 17 Bus Do you have a problem with the term " all seater"?

having said that the view was not great and when the arse fans to the left stood we had to as well.

Just because your old knees can't take all the standing up and sitting back down again! :wink:

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

Re: the one annoying thing about today...

by Tamworth_Royal » 03 Mar 2007 23:00

a royal called morty .... Was the group of fans sitting behind me.
2) This is the one that really pisses me off, there were arsenal fans right behind me, who clapped when they scored and were wearing arsenal scarves :shock: AVE EM . How did they get tickets in our end when they should have been in their own end, and the tickets could have gone to some of our fans who wanted them more.

What has happened to good old stand up and chant and kick in the bollocks opposition fans in our end....... the worlds gone so PC

higher
Hob Nob Regular

by higher » 03 Mar 2007 23:04

shadesrwrf

I've got some spare time on my hands, sat here waiting for the lunar eclipse to start hotting up.
Been watching it. Pity about the red colour.Perhaps a bit more global warming and well get a nice blue hooped effect.

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

by Tamworth_Royal » 03 Mar 2007 23:14

higher
shadesrwrf

Been watching it. Pity about the red colour.Perhaps a bit more global warming and well get a nice blue hooped effect.

Is the two pics together just to show a bigger mooning ?

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 03 Mar 2007 23:17

Tamworth_Royal
higher
shadesrwrf

:lol:

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 03 Mar 2007 23:22

Coppelled Streets
Tamworth_Royal
higher
shadesrwrf

:lol:

Tamworth_Royal

by Tamworth_Royal » 03 Mar 2007 23:49

oh come on stop arseing around......... the cheek of you two (Y)

knobby_1871

by knobby_1871 » 04 Mar 2007 00:01

NTRoyal wouldn't surprise me if they were mad stad regulars that actually support arsenal and watch reading as a way to see their team.

twat of the day post, may even get twat of the year post