Seol in shock confession

103 posts
Glen Little's Nose
Location: Watching Adam Miller dive nose first into the West Stand!

Seol in shock confession

by Glen Little's Nose » 21 Mar 2007 21:30

Reading striker Seol Ki-hyeon has given a blunt assessment of why he isn't a regular for the Premiership surprise-packet.
The South Korea international said: "The reason I am not included in our team's matches is because I am not good enough. A player that is essential runs in every match. I will work harder to run in more games and not disappoint my fans."

Seol hopes his inclusion in South Korea's line-up for this weekend's friendly against Uruguay will help him capture some form.

"If I do a good job for the national team, I believe it will encourage me when I return to Reading. I will run hard to win the match."

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 21 Mar 2007 21:33

Source?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 21 Mar 2007 21:39

Exactly - source please?

If this is true all I can say is nice one Seol. You've got to respect the lad. I'm behind him all the way.

size 12

by size 12 » 21 Mar 2007 21:43

This effectively amounts to an admission that he does not work as hard as he could - something we have all suspected for a while

If he was now replicating the form and attitude he showed at the start of the season, he would surely be ahead of Hunt for a first team start

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 21 Mar 2007 21:51

That has to be complete bollox, shirley.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 21 Mar 2007 22:02

higher
Hob Nob Regular

by higher » 22 Mar 2007 09:18

I`m happy to here this.I was getting the impression Seol was coasting and effectively here for the ride and would resort to the sulky strop for being dropped for his low key performances as is the want of many a footballing mercenary .But no "our Seol" acknowledges he needs to significantly up his graft rate if he wants to claim a shirt .
Bodes well hopefully .

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 22 Mar 2007 09:31

Good News, good to see he's not above admitting he's not been up to form.

I hope this is the start of a turn-around for him.

I like him which is part of the reason it annoys me more than most when when he wasn't performing.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 22 Mar 2007 09:53

good news, at the start of the season he was absolutely brilliant and then he just began to get lazy and lost his form very quicky. nice to see he can admit that he's lazy and hopefully he can now build on his game because i believe he still has a good future at reading.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 22 Mar 2007 09:59

Well done Seol for standing up and being counted....... At least in words if not yet in actions.

So to all those muppets who said booing was so wrong. Well it appears to have put the rocket up Seol's ars* that he clearly needed. And to all those who couldn't accept that Seol wasn't trying hard enough and came up with silly reasons like he was just out of form, well now what do you say? Huh?

At least Seol is prepared to admit when he has been lazing around. It doesn;t help when fans aren't prepared to acknowledge when a player is being lazy. If a player can't be bothered then they need a rocket up them and Seol has had that and now he is saying that he wants to work harder and run harder for the team.

Booing Hughes was unacceptable because Hughes genuinely tried his best. But Seol hasn't been and he needed fans to show him that they are not willing to accept a lack of effort. We can accept it if a player just doesn't have the talent (e.g. Parky) But we can never and must never accept a lack of trying. Anyone who wears the blue and white must try hard!

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 22 Mar 2007 10:01

So to all those muppets who said booing was so wrong. Well it appears to have put the rocket up Seol's ars* that he clearly needed.

or maybe it has more to do with the coaching, and the words that copps has had with him

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 22 Mar 2007 10:03

Top Flight So to all those muppets who said booing was so wrong. Well it appears to have put the rocket up Seol's ars* that he clearly needed.

Who says that these words were a result of your moronic behaviour, muppet?

I imagine it's the fact that Glen Little starting ahead of him that gave him the "rocket up his arse" as you so nicely put it.

What a twat you are.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

Re: Seol in shock confession

by papereyes » 22 Mar 2007 10:03

Glen Little's Nose Reading striker Seol Ki-hyeon has given a blunt assessment of why he isn't a regular for the Premiership surprise-packet.
The South Korea international said: "The reason I am not included in our team's matches is because I am not good enough. A player that is essential runs in every match. I will work harder to run in more games and not disappoint my fans."

Seol hopes his inclusion in South Korea's line-up for this weekend's friendly against Uruguay will help him capture some form.

"If I do a good job for the national team, I believe it will encourage me when I return to Reading. I will run hard to win the match."

If this is true ...

good attitude Seol. I am genuinely impressed.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 22 Mar 2007 10:07

Reading fans are too sanitised these days.

Ridiculous

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 22 Mar 2007 10:18

NOTE TO ALL, BOOING WORKS.

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 22 Mar 2007 10:32

Following the clear sucess of booing players into making them better, perhaps we should now start sending death threats? That will surely give them the kick up the arse they need...

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 22 Mar 2007 10:36

We don't need to go quite that far.........

There is always someone that has to take it to the extreme!

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 22 Mar 2007 10:38

Yorkshire Royal Following the clear sucess of booing players into making them better, perhaps we should now start sending death threats? That will surely give them the kick up the arse they need...

Didn't the Indian cricket fans send death threats to one of their cricket players after he underperformed against Bangladesh? Or maybe they trashed his house.

Then the Indian Times gave the fans a ticking off and said that they should behave more like the Barmy Army. Because England lose much more than we win, but the Barmy Army is always having a laugh and supporting the team. Whereas Indian fans are fat lazy gits!

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 22 Mar 2007 11:00

SpaceCruiser
Top Flight So to all those muppets who said booing was so wrong. Well it appears to have put the rocket up Seol's ars* that he clearly needed.

Who says that these words were a result of your moronic behaviour, muppet?

I imagine it's the fact that Glen Little starting ahead of him that gave him the "rocket up his arse" as you so nicely put it.

What a twat you are.

Hardly - he'd been out of the team for months already and didn't put any effort in still. Seol's just completely contradicted the opinions of most of the idiots on here and admitted he's not putting it in, not that he's 'out of form' or any of that rubbish.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 22 Mar 2007 11:02

The arguement was over whether booing him worked, not his lack of effort. Idiot

103 posts