Are you?

What have you enjoyed more to this point in time...

Season 05/06
67%
Season 06/07
33%

Total votes: 121
URZZ
Hob Nob Regular

Are you?

by URZZ » 31 Mar 2007 15:00

Enjoying this season more than you were enjoying last season or vice versa?

To a lot of you it will probably sound like a ridiculous question but seriously, what have you enjoyed more, last season or this season?

(Note I do know this season hasn't finished)

And I'm not groaning and complaining, the Premiership is we've always wanted to reach and it is indeed fantastic but I can't help but look back on last year and the way we out-played teams and the big scores etc, etc.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 31 Mar 2007 15:04

Last season without a doubt.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 31 Mar 2007 15:06

This season

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 31 Mar 2007 15:12

Got to be last season. History being made on a week by week basis, countless records. I know I'll never have as enjoyable a season as then.

Yes, this one is good, but it's been blighted in a small way by all the extortionate prices, gaps in the fixture list, slanders, histrionics and other crap that comes with the Premier League.

For last year to happen the way it did was totally unexpected - this season isn't quite so inexplicable.

Oh, and to round it all off, the drama and emotion of Murt's penalty v QPR will never, ever, be beaten.

URZZ
Hob Nob Regular

by URZZ » 31 Mar 2007 15:14

Dirk Gently Got to be last season. History being made on a week by week basis, countless records. I know I'll never have as enjoyable a season as then.

Yes, this one is good, but it's been blighted in a small way by all the extortionate prices, gaps in the fixture list, slanders, histrionics and other crap that comes with the Premier League.

For last year to happen the way it did was totally unexpected - this season isn't quite so inexplicable.

Oh, and to round it all off, the drama and emotion of Murt's penalty v QPR will never, ever, be beaten.

Glad someone knows exactly how I feel.

However good the teams we're playing are, however good the grounds we're playing in are...

Last season was so historic, and so so enjoyable.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 31 Mar 2007 15:24

I can understand why some people are dissulisoned in certain aspects (prices, kick off times) but for a club of our size and limited revenue to quite comfortably hold our own in the Premier League is fantastic, and we haven't resorted to spending huge sums of money.

readingfc_4_life_and_beyo

by readingfc_4_life_and_beyo » 31 Mar 2007 17:04

RG30 I can understand why some people are dissulisoned in certain aspects (prices, kick off times) but for a club of our size and limited revenue to quite comfortably hold our own in the Premier League is fantastic, and we haven't resorted to spending huge sums of money.

Is that what you've enjoyed?

bassavage

by bassavage » 31 Mar 2007 17:11

This season. The fact we've got to go to places like Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge, The Emirates and Anfield is quite unbelievable. The fact we're sat 8th in the league is truly outstanding. We've drawn to the champions at their place, we've drawn at home to Man Utd (and away with our reserves in the Cup) and we've won a Premiership game 6-0.

biscuitsrus

by biscuitsrus » 31 Mar 2007 17:44

bassavage This season. The fact we've got to go to places like Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge, The Emirates and Anfield is quite unbelievable. The fact we're sat 8th in the league is truly outstanding. We've drawn to the champions at their place, we've drawn at home to Man Utd (and away with our reserves in the Cup) and we've won a Premiership game 6-0.

Im also going for this season, with echos of the above. So many more people want to talk to me about RFC and its great. I have family and friends who support the likes of Wet Sham, Tottenham, Charlton, Bolton Man City and Villa and its fantastic being able to send the victorious texts.

The 05/06 season was brilliant but the games are now memories consigned to history, I prefer to live and enjoy the current 06/07 season in the sun.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 31 Mar 2007 17:48

Last season was just great fun. Still nerve-wracking (cause I'm that kind of guy), but such a laugh watching all those goals go in. Not that I want to devalue this season. It's been really satisfying proving the doom-sayers wrong, and I do think overall we've seen a higher standard of football this year, but for sheer enjoyment, last season wins hands down.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 31 Mar 2007 17:48

Last season, but it's a bit like saying 'which Miss World would you rather take home for the night' isn't it ?

runrunrunrungilksey

by runrunrunrungilksey » 31 Mar 2007 21:51

Behindu Last season, but it's a bit like saying 'which Miss World would you rather take home for the night' isn't it ?

??

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 31 Mar 2007 22:10

Yes I am.

URZZ
Hob Nob Regular

by URZZ » 31 Mar 2007 22:35

2 world wars, 1 world cup Yes I am.

Which?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 31 Mar 2007 23:44

URZZ
2 world wars, 1 world cup Yes I am.

Which?

Oops again. Would help to read what you wrote! Apologies.

At this stage in the season I'm enjoying this season more because last season was in the bag pretty much by this stage.

Though survival is sorted we're still playing teams we've hardly ever played before and visiting new grounds. So every second is exciting. Plus we may make Europe (good or bad).

Cookie

Re: Are you?

by Cookie » 01 Apr 2007 00:30

URZZ Enjoying this season more than you were enjoying last season or vice versa?

To a lot of you it will probably sound like a ridiculous question but seriously, what have you enjoyed more, last season or this season?

(Note I do know this season hasn't finished)

And I'm not groaning and complaining, the Premiership is we've always wanted to reach and it is indeed fantastic but I can't help but look back on last year and the way we out-played teams and the big scores etc, etc.

:roll:

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 01 Apr 2007 00:45

Too hard to pick. Different highs for different reasons.

As for the overall package, I enjoyed the Championship much more. The Premiership has shown itself to be the self important, bloated load of old tripe I always suspected it was.

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 02 Apr 2007 00:46

Last season was amazing. Going to games just knowing you were going to win but by how many? Great football and cracking atmosphere's both home and away - except Wednesday away. I think we kinda partied out for that one.

But the Premiership is where it's at and I'll take mid-table mediocracy (sp?) over any season in the Championship!

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 02 Apr 2007 00:47

I'd rather Yo-Yo than become part of the furniture.
A few more championship glory seasons would do me nicely.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 02 Apr 2007 01:44

I'm voting 05-06 because it was a thrill, but that is in no way a negative reflection on this season. Today, for example, I thought we didn't play particularly well, but I thought Spurs played some football that you'll never, ever see in the Championship and we - even at less than our best - were in the game from start to finish. I find just about every Premiership game we're involved in riveting even when we fall short of the high level of expectation the team have established, and you could never say that for the Championship. Still, last season was a once in a lifetime thrill.