I'm officially bored of travelling away with Reading

275 posts
Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

I'm officially bored of travelling away with Reading

by Jerry St Clair » 01 Apr 2007 23:04

Within 5 seconds of kick off the bloke in front of me says "Do you mind if we stand?". No, says virtually everyone in the viciinity except this rancid old hag behind who cackles "I do". And then proceeded to complain loudly everytime anyone stood during the game.

Row 24. You know who you are.

I've had some outstanding away trips in recent years, but pretty much every single one this year has been shite. Fulham was excellent, but i was in the neutral section for that.

I don't think I'll bother in future.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 01 Apr 2007 23:05

Now while i personally agree with you JSC

All seater stadiums = people sitting.

Go and watch a league 2 side each week, they have terracing! ;)

savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 01 Apr 2007 23:07

Cries of sitttt dewnnnnnnnnnnn could be heard through the game.

Farnborough Royal

by Farnborough Royal » 01 Apr 2007 23:08

I've felt the same way for a while.

When I went to Fulham v Villa I was in the Villa end and I had the shittest seats possible, I couldn't see the goal because of a pillar, but because it was all standing everyone in the row moved up so people could see. If that was Reading I would have been stuck with the view.

I also saw "Franchise FC" away at Notts County and stood up all game.

Katie Marsden

by Katie Marsden » 01 Apr 2007 23:24

Reading = the worst away support in the league in terms of quality. On a par with Wigan, Boro and Fulham.

Almost everyone in a club shirt, sitting down and chanting such songs as 'M U R T Y' and 'Dave Kitson what a bargain'.

If you show any passion fellow fans are prepared to grass you up to the stewards and get you thrown out.

fester_royal_blue

by fester_royal_blue » 01 Apr 2007 23:24

had no complaints about standing where i was, we all seemed to sit n stand in unison which is a first i think.
only complaint was two piss heads constantly yelling anti semetic chants n calling everything that moved an 'oxf*rd *unt'... normally ill saying nothing about language as i to am guilty of using it at football often, but if i saw a group of kids sitting next to me id do my damndist to hold my tongue, i felt very sorry for the mother of those kids who looked too upset to say anything.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: I'm officially bored of travelling away with Reading

by Millsy » 01 Apr 2007 23:35

Jerry St Clair Within 5 seconds of kick off the bloke in front of me says "Do you mind if we stand?". No, says virtually everyone in the viciinity except this rancid old hag behind who cackles "I do". And then proceeded to complain loudly everytime anyone stood during the game.

I've had some outstanding away trips in recent years, but pretty much every single one this year has been shite. Fulham was excellent, but i was in the neutral section for that.

I agree JSC it's a shame.

But to be fair RFC isn't a club for the young fit vocal males who prefer to stand it's a club for everyone, including rancid old hags.

Doyler

by Doyler » 01 Apr 2007 23:36

Jerry St Clair Within 5 seconds of kick off the bloke in front of me says "Do you mind if we stand?". No, says virtually everyone in the viciinity except this rancid old hag behind who cackles "I do". And then proceeded to complain loudly everytime anyone stood during the game.

Don't go then, you are getting the chance to see Reading home and away in our first season in the Premiership and are moaning that you couldn't stand up, some people are never happy. The points system being as it is, many people couldn't get tickets for this game. I'm sure one of them will gladly take your place.

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 01 Apr 2007 23:39

I didn't really have a problem today, but some away games have been cack, support wise.

The only really decent trips so far have been...

Sheffield United
West Ham
Fulham
Newcastle

Arsenal was easily the worst away trip of the season.

For those people who moan about standing, then stay at home when the games are on sky... You get a great view from the TV Gantry...

TWRoyal

by TWRoyal » 01 Apr 2007 23:47

Juice carton, two mirrors, scissors and tape. Sorted.

http://pbskids.org/zoom/activities/sci/periscope.html

Royal Monk

by Royal Monk » 01 Apr 2007 23:50

Not ANOTHER thread about standing at all seater stadiums ...... i bet if you was asked while we played at elm park "would you prefer an all seater stadium and also play in the premiership" or "stay here in the 2nd division and stand" you would would have chosen the 1st option.
Get a life guys and enjoy the moment

Farnborough Royal

by Farnborough Royal » 01 Apr 2007 23:54

The thing I notice when I watch MK Dons play away is because its unreserved those who wish to stand at the back can do so, and those who want to sit can sit down the front. Creates a much better atmosphere and makes everyone happy.

orange

by orange » 02 Apr 2007 00:16

Better atmosphere in a pub than at a premier league game, ive given up going completely now.

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 02 Apr 2007 00:46

Katie Marsden Reading = the worst away support in the league in terms of quality. On a par with Wigan, Boro and Fulham.

Almost everyone in a club shirt, sitting down and chanting such songs as 'M U R T Y' and 'Dave Kitson what a bargain'.

If you show any passion fellow fans are prepared to grass you up to the stewards and get you thrown out.

Not sure whether to ALOL or ALAD.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 02 Apr 2007 01:32

How many games do you need to attend before the rules relating to all seater stadia penetrate that thick skull of yours :?

Frankly, I can't be alone in getting slowly p*ssed off as I'm forced to sit down and stand up countless times throughout a match thanks to people like you, who couldn't give a fcuk whether those behind you get see the game they've paid for or not.

Those of us with more than 3 brain cells are aware of a perfectly sensible campaign being waged to allow fans who wish to stand to do so once more, but in their own area that doesn't block the view of others who can't stay on their feet for 90 minutes, not to mention the vertically challenged............some of these are known as children :roll:

If you insist on breaking the rules week after week with no regard for others, how many more games you attend may not be your decision to make.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 02 Apr 2007 01:39

Doyler

Don't go then, you are getting the chance to see Reading home and away in our first season in the Premiership and are moaning that you couldn't stand up, some people are never happy. The points system being as it is, many people couldn't get tickets for this game. I'm sure one of them will gladly take your place.
Sorry, Jerry. I've got a lot of time for you as a rule, but this is an excellent riposte. Post of the day.

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 02 Apr 2007 08:08

I really don't think we need another thread on this do we? JSC it's about time you realised that football has changed. The people who go now want to sit for 90 minutes and spectate, and they're more than happy to pay increasingly ridiculous amounts of money to do so. Participation is a thing of the past. In soulless bowls around the country people are breaking open the picnic hampers. Get used to it my friend.

frimleygreen_shotspur
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: between the old wheatsheaf and the rose and thistle

by frimleygreen_shotspur » 02 Apr 2007 08:21

shadesrwrf I really don't think we need another thread on this do we? JSC it's about time you realised that football has changed. The people who go now want to sit for 90 minutes and spectate, and they're more than happy to pay increasingly ridiculous amounts of money to do so. Participation is a thing of the past. In soulless bowls around the country people are breaking open the picnic hampers. Get used to it my friend.

we still do the things the old way at the rec:)

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 02 Apr 2007 08:34

frimleygreen_shotspur
shadesrwrf I really don't think we need another thread on this do we? JSC it's about time you realised that football has changed. The people who go now want to sit for 90 minutes and spectate, and they're more than happy to pay increasingly ridiculous amounts of money to do so. Participation is a thing of the past. In soulless bowls around the country people are breaking open the picnic hampers. Get used to it my friend.

Like fail at football, somethings stay the same.

frimleygreen_shotspur
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: between the old wheatsheaf and the rose and thistle

by frimleygreen_shotspur » 02 Apr 2007 08:36

The 17 Bus
frimleygreen_shotspur

Like fail at football, somethings stay the same.

can't see how a never arrested climb up the non league ladder equates to failure.not many clubs can boast of never being relegated.:)

275 posts