Team Changes for Charlton - Favour for Pards????

Basingstoke Royal

Team Changes for Charlton - Favour for Pards????

by Basingstoke Royal » 05 Apr 2007 17:20

Coppell says on Reading World that we will make changes for the game against Charlton due to us having 2 games in 3 days.

Any chance that SC could be looking to rest players to help out his mate AP?

Sorry - just cant help thinking it!

:shock:

savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 05 Apr 2007 17:22

Changing the team, might have a positive effect.

Diddyroyal

Re: Team Changes for Charlton - Favour for Pards????

by Diddyroyal » 05 Apr 2007 17:27

Basingstoke Royal Coppell says on Reading World that we will make changes for the game against Charlton due to us having 2 games in 3 days.

Any chance that SC could be looking to rest players to help out his mate AP?

Sorry - just cant help thinking it!

:shock:

:roll:

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 05 Apr 2007 17:28

No, not in the slightest... Next question.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 05 Apr 2007 17:31

Who says he won;t rest players to help his Scouse brothers and then put a full strength team out against Charlton ?

RIP ELM Park

by RIP ELM Park » 05 Apr 2007 17:31

Payback for Warnock, He's probably just trying to wind Colin up, Wally going to play in Littles place

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 05 Apr 2007 17:32

He didn't make major changes when we played West Ham after playing Man Utd away two days previously and playing the last 30 minutes with 10 men.
So why would he make changes after a HOME game and an hour's coach trip up to Charlton two days later?
It will be interesting to see if Charlton make changes after an AWAY fixture on Good Friday evening at Man City.

lozz2601

by lozz2601 » 05 Apr 2007 17:36

I hope putting out a weakened team doesn't make Warnock too mad - we don't want him throwing allegations around and us getting into some trouble.
Don't think the team would really be that bothered against Charlton anyway.
Did we make changes during the Xmas period?

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 05 Apr 2007 18:18

With a growing injury list we're not overwhelmed with options anyway. It may be that he's not sure what his best line-up is of available players and is going to try a couple.

Hahnemann and Murty may be good to risk for one game but not two in three days. He may want to try both Oster and Seol on the rigth to see who's the best bet fort he rest of the season. Try two different striker combos: Kitson/doyle, Lita/Doyle sonce we've had a few games of kitson/Lita. Also Bikey/Duberry is still something of an open question.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 05 Apr 2007 18:52

It's the nature of the modern game. Teams with small squads (ie us) argue that we need to rotate to ensure that our key players don't risk injury. Teams with big squads (ie. Chelsea) argue that they need to rotate to keep all of their big name players happy, and to ensure that they are less likely to get injured. People could only complain if we played a particularly weak team - such as a load of under-19s; however, as our reserves showed against United, the second string is pretty much as good as the first team anyway.

I would expect the core of the team to be the same for both matches, anyway.

higher
Hob Nob Regular

by higher » 05 Apr 2007 19:25

Sir Steve in major scullduggery and underhand manoeverings plot shocker scoop.
My guess is SC is simply looking at the fixtures and timescale and hopes to mix and match to benefit the club in the best possible way as he sees it.
Still this is footy and pretty much anything is possible.

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 05 Apr 2007 19:43

Why the fcuk does he need to rest players? It's not as if we're looking forward to a Champions league game midweek is it.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 05 Apr 2007 23:07

Because the strain is starting to show on a number of players - one or two are carrying minor injuries, and 2 games in 3 days might be just that little bit too much.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 06 Apr 2007 02:13

I agree, and on that basis I hope he doesn't wait 'til Monday to change things around.

Oster and Gunnarsson have played well in the cup games and are due a start in the league.

percy freeman fanclub

by percy freeman fanclub » 06 Apr 2007 07:04

I personaly agree that it's strange the club would announce that SSC is going to "rotate" ,whatever that means?! I thought our stated intention was always to field the best team for the game,would HATE to think that we were in anyway helping the traitor,can't help smelling a rat.
however would love to see the likes of Scott G,James H etc play for the first team,maybe he'll recall them?
BTW anyone else going to Northampton on Monday to see Alex Pearce and Simon Cox?

readingfc_4_life_and_beyo

by readingfc_4_life_and_beyo » 06 Apr 2007 12:38

percy freeman fanclub I personaly agree that it's strange the club would announce that SSC is going to "rotate" ,whatever that means?! I thought our stated intention was always to field the best team for the game,would HATE to think that we were in anyway helping the traitor,can't help smelling a rat.
however would love to see the likes of Scott G,James H etc play for the first team,maybe he'll recall them?
BTW anyone else going to Northampton on Monday to see Alex Pearce and Simon Cox?

I was thinking it's strange. Last night looking through the official site, seeing Sidwell saying 'Confidence knocked', seeing Coppell in a confident mood, and seeing rotations occuring. :? Never mind I guess. It's on the field that matters.

The Quiet Man

by The Quiet Man » 06 Apr 2007 13:07

I thought SC was considering this because Charlton are playing at 5.15pm today and have greater recovery time for their game against us. If we compete full on with Liverpool tomorrow I can see one or two players being replaced to freshen the side to enable us to meet a fully committed Charlton team.

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 06 Apr 2007 15:25

The Quiet Man I thought SC was considering this because Charlton are playing at 5.15pm today and have greater recovery time for their game against us. If we compete full on with Liverpool tomorrow I can see one or two players being replaced to freshen the side to enable us to meet a fully committed Charlton team.

That would be why.

Pardew vs Warnock vs West Ham....How about we save Wally Downes for our Watford game?!

Berthwaite

by Berthwaite » 06 Apr 2007 18:22

Z175
The Quiet Man I thought SC was considering this because Charlton are playing at 5.15pm today and have greater recovery time for their game against us. If we compete full on with Liverpool tomorrow I can see one or two players being replaced to freshen the side to enable us to meet a fully committed Charlton team.

That would be why.

Pardew vs Warnock vs West Ham....How about we save Wally Downes for our Watford game?!

I don't think it would save Watford even if I played against them.

i_kingsley

by i_kingsley » 06 Apr 2007 19:49

percy freeman fanclub I personaly agree that it's strange the club would announce that SSC is going to "rotate" ,whatever that means?

It must mean they have bought him a new swivel chair for his office :shock: