Fair play watch

higher
Hob Nob Regular

Fair play watch

by higher » 10 Apr 2007 10:22

Oh Europe here we come Presumably if the FA hit Leroy for his Glaswegian kissing affair we could be hit with another red :cry:
Overall Coppell has clearly drilled the lads to save their energies for the game rather than circling refs over every decision that goes against us.With a few exceptions we dont dive at every opportunity or randomly poll axe the opposition. Good to see.Were soo nice its unbelievable.
Some may feel our mainly thoroughly decent approach may cost us and we should adopt more of a Bolton/Blackburnesque stance but im sure most are proud we can ping it about and more than hold our own in the top flight without recourse to knuckle dragging techniques.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 10 Apr 2007 10:26

Its a bit more complicated than that table.

Someone's dug it out in the past.EDIT: http://www.premierleague.com/public/dow ... Feb_07.pdf

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 10 Apr 2007 12:28

If there was any risk of Europe I'm sure something could be arranged in the last few games to ensure we didn't enter through the Fair play system.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 10 Apr 2007 12:33

Might see the Lita incident in a different light then. :shock: :wink:

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 10 Apr 2007 13:00

M4 Junction 11 If there was any risk of Europe I'm sure something could be arranged in the last few games to ensure we didn't enter through the Fair play system.

That sounds like Tony Soprano speak for "sending the boys round". :lol:

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 10 Apr 2007 13:05

Am i totally missing something here? I thought that the 'fair play' entry into Europe was from fair play IN Europe? As Ipswich managed. The year they entered through the fair play league it was the season after they had already been in the Uefa Cup through finishing high enough in the league to qualify. Not sure that Uefa could care less who finishes top of their domestic fair play league.

Somebody point me in the right direction if I'm wrong.

Z-Head
Location: Oh when the red red robin goes bob bob bobing along Shoot the bastard!!!!!!!!

by Z-Head » 10 Apr 2007 13:12

Rawlie19 Am i totally missing something here? I thought that the 'fair play' entry into Europe was from fair play IN Europe? As Ipswich managed. The year they entered through the fair play league it was the season after they had already been in the Uefa Cup through finishing high enough in the league to qualify. Not sure that Uefa could care less who finishes top of their domestic fair play league.

Im sure 20 million has a big part to play in English football for fast flowing football.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 10 Apr 2007 13:16

Z-Head
Rawlie19 Am i totally missing something here? I thought that the 'fair play' entry into Europe was from fair play IN Europe? As Ipswich managed. The year they entered through the fair play league it was the season after they had already been in the Uefa Cup through finishing high enough in the league to qualify. Not sure that Uefa could care less who finishes top of their domestic fair play league.

Im sure 20 million has a big part to play in English football for fast flowing football.

What?

Anyway, 2000/2001 season Ipswich finished 5th in the Prem and qualified for the Uefa cup. 2001/2002 they finished 18th in the Prem and were relegated, however, they finished top of the Fair Play league in the Uefa Cup and were rewarded with a spot in the competition. Thus they played Uefa Cup football whilst in the Championship.

Z-Head
Location: Oh when the red red robin goes bob bob bobing along Shoot the bastard!!!!!!!!

by Z-Head » 10 Apr 2007 13:22

Rawlie19
Z-Head

What?

Anyway, 2000/2001 season Ipswich finished 5th in the Prem and qualified for the Uefa cup. 2001/2002 they finished 18th in the Prem and were relegated, however, they finished top of the Fair Play league in the Uefa Cup and were rewarded with a spot in the competition. Thus they played Uefa Cup football whilst in the Championship.

Sorry let me expand on my view.
The premership is watched World wide far greater than any other league. In bookies pubs home telivision alike. Most countrys get to vew every game every week! (the english will pay for little of there own)
So, to create fast flowing football the prise for winning the fair play league must be good to stop it being sh1t like Italy. Just a thought of mine! Money talks!

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 10 Apr 2007 13:25

Z-Head
Rawlie19
Z-Head

What?

The premership is watched World wide far greater than any other league. In bookies pubs home telivision alike. Most countrys get to vew every game every week! (the english will pay for little of there own)
So, to create fast flowing football the prise for winning the fair play league must be good to stop it being sh1t like Italy. Just a thought of mine! Money talks!
:lol:

Z-Head

by Z-Head » 10 Apr 2007 13:38

Rawlie19
Z-Head
Rawlie19
Z-Head

What?

:lol:

:roll:

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict

by papereyes » 10 Apr 2007 13:43

Rawlie19
Z-Head

What?

You're right but also, not right.

There's a three places in the UEFA cup for teams via Fair Play ranking.

Each league is also ranked for 'fairness'. The fairest team in the fairest league qualifies automatically (Manchester City in about 2003), and then the leagues that qualify for being fair (I don't know how) get their fairest teams put in a big fair hat and two team are drawn. That said, it might be through performance of that nations teams in UEFA competitions that matters. I don't think it is.

Three teams.

English teams to qualify through this route are Aston Villa in 1998, Ipswich in 2002 and Manchester City.

Z-Head

by Z-Head » 10 Apr 2007 13:55

:oops: Im starting to understand a little more about this now!

JC
Hob Nob Regular

by JC » 11 Apr 2007 10:02

It is all academic anyway. In the strange Premier League idea of fair play we were 8th at the last count

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict

by papereyes » 11 Apr 2007 11:04

JC It is all academic anyway. In the strange Premier League idea of fair play we were 8th at the last count

http://www.premierleague.com/public/dow ... Feb_07.pdf

6th by the end of Feb. Will try to find an updated list.

Berthwaite

by Berthwaite » 11 Apr 2007 11:20

papereyes
JC It is all academic anyway. In the strange Premier League idea of fair play we were 8th at the last count

http://www.premierleague.com/public/dow ... Feb_07.pdf

6th by the end of Feb. Will try to find an updated list.

The table for March doesn't seem to have been published yet.

I looked into where the numbers making up the table come from and got this reply from the Premier League:
Premier League The fair play conduct is assessed by the appointed UEFA match delegate.
Following the game he has to complete a Fair Play assessment form in
consultation with the referee and the referee observer.

On the assessment form are six criteria:

Red and yellow cards: max 10 points
Deduction from a maximum of 10 points: yellow card = 1 point, red card =
3 points. Two times yellow equals red, but yellow + direct red = 4
points deduction. The total of this aspect may become negative.
Positive play: minimum 1 point, maximum 10 points
Positive aspects: attacking tactics, acceleration of the game, efforts
to gain time, and continued pursuit of goals. Negative aspects:
deceleration of the game, time-wasting, tactics based on foul-play,
play-acting, etc. In general terms positive play correlates with the
number of goal-scoring chances created and the number of goals scored.
Respect of the opponent: minimum 1 point, maximum 5 points
Assessment should be based on positive attitudes (e.g. helping an
injured opponent) rather than infringements. Double counting against the
item "red and yellow cards" should be avoided. Blameless behaviour, but
without any particularly positive attitude, should be assessed with a
mark 4 rather than 5.
Respect of the referee: minimum 1 point, maximum 5 points
A positive attitude towards the referee (and assistant referees),
including the acceptance of doubtful decisions without protest, should
be rewarded. Double counting against the item "red and yellow cards"
should be avoided. Normal behaviour, but without any particularly
positive attitude, should be assessed with a mark 4 rather than 5.
Behaviour of team officials: minimum 1 point, maximum 5 points
Positive and negative aspects of the behaviour of team officials should
be assessed. E.g. whether they calm or provoke angry players or fans,
how they accept the referee's decisions, etc. Co-operation with the
media should also be considered as a factor. Blameless behaviour, but
without any particularly positive attitude, should be assessed with a
mark 4 rather than 5.
Behaviour of the crowd: minimum 1 point, maximum 5 points
Encouragement of teams by shouting, singing, etc. may have a positive
influence on the atmosphere. The spectators are, however, expected to
respect the opposing team and the referee. The should appreciate the
performance of the opposition even if they emerge as the winners. The
must in no way intimidate or frighten the opposing team, the referee, or
opposing supporters. This item is applicable only if a substantial
number of fans of the team concerned are present.
Overall assessment: Add all points of the individual components,
dividing this total by the maximum number of points, and multiplying the
result by 10. The maximum number of points per game generally equals 40.
If, however, the team is being supported by a negligible amount of fans,
the maximum is 35. The general assessment should be calculated to three
decimal points and not rounded up.

... so that's all perfectly clear, isn't it?

Our rating depends on the view of the refereeing team and this "UEFA match delegate".

There would appear to be no discussion with the club nor any means of challenging the delegates numbers.

When Hicks went up...

by When Hicks went up... » 11 Apr 2007 11:51

Stupid Fair Play (unters Behaviour of the crowd: minimum 1 point, maximum 5 points
Encouragement of teams by shouting, singing, etc. may have a positive
influence on the atmosphere. The spectators are, however, expected to
respect the opposing team and the referee. The should appreciate the
performance of the opposition even if they emerge as the winners. The
must in no way intimidate or frighten the opposing team, the referee, or
opposing supporters. This item is applicable only if a substantial
number of fans of the team concerned are present.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

willz_royal

by willz_royal » 11 Apr 2007 11:52

so, can someone just clear all this europe or not thing?

will we get in or not?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 11 Apr 2007 11:59

willz_royal so, can someone just clear all this europe or not thing?

will we get in or not?

maybe

biscuitsrus

by biscuitsrus » 11 Apr 2007 12:18

With ALL the conspiracy theories posted about SC and Europe maybe he will ask BK to sacrifice himself on Saturday and get himself a red card, which will just about take care of that league :wink: