Newcastle Perspective

jumpers for goalposts

Newcastle Perspective

by jumpers for goalposts » 01 May 2007 13:04

http://www.newcastle-online.com/your-sh ... /#comments

A few interesting opinions:

ash writes in saying:
Bramble - How can this individual go from dominating one of the world’s best strikers in Drogba 8 days ago to struggling against Dave friggin Kitson (no disrespect). It’s clearly embarassing and he will deffo be off in the summer (i hope)

paul hewitt writes in saying:
12 v 11 that was the difference between newcastle and reading. Steve Coppell has managed his side into a team that CAN win premiership matches, Glen Roeder has managed his side into a team that MIGHT win.

Jason Treeby writes in saying:
Newcastle were not on form tonight. Good to see Owen back - but Reading outplayed the Magpies completely - they were hungy and wanted the game - they had the passion that that Newcastle clearly lacked.
Maybe Coppell should join Sidwell at Newscastle????

On the whole, very complimentary towards us!
Last edited by jumpers for goalposts on 01 May 2007 13:06, edited 1 time in total.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Newcastle Perspective

by Vision » 01 May 2007 13:06

jumpers for goalposts http://www.newcastle-online.com/your-shout-reading-1-0-newcastle-have-your-say/#comments

ash writes in saying:
Bramble - How can this individual go from dominating one of the world’s best strikers in Drogba 8 days ago to struggling against Dave friggin Kitson (no disrespect). It’s clearly embarassing and he will deffo be off in the summer (i hope)

12 v 11 that was the difference between newcastle and reading. Steve Coppell has managed his side into a team that CAN win premiership matches, Glen Roeder has managed his side into a team that MIGHT win.

Newcastle were not on form tonight. Good to see Owen back - but Reading outplayed the Magpies completely - they were hungy and wanted the game - they had the passion that that Newcastle clearly lacked.

:shock:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 01 May 2007 13:14

Behead the traitor Treeby!

How dare he suggest Sir Steve leave here! :twisted:

jumpers for goalposts

by jumpers for goalposts » 01 May 2007 13:17

RoyalBlue Behead the traitor Treeby!

A traitor you say? I just picked out this post at random! Would you care to name and shame this particular Nobber?

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 01 May 2007 13:23

Probably narked that Rougier doesn't play for Reading anymore :lol:

PREMIERSHIP_ROYAL

by PREMIERSHIP_ROYAL » 01 May 2007 13:39

jumpers for goalposts http://www.newcastle-online.com/your-shout-reading-1-0-newcastle-have-your-say/#comments

ash writes in saying:

what? :o a team that doesnt resort to slagging us off when we win? very fair points but have to say sir steve is too good for newcastle

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 01 May 2007 13:46

PREMIERSHIP_ROYAL

what? :o a team that doesnt resort to slagging us off when we win? very fair points but have to say sir steve is too good for newcastle

Unless we totally nose dive next season, I fear Sir Steve will become too good for RFC :(

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 01 May 2007 14:15

We were chatting with some Geordies after the game about Bramble, apparently he is out of contract in six weeks time. Who on Earth is going to pick him up in the Premiership?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 01 May 2007 14:16

i knew a jason treeby, sure he went to reading matches as a boy
off with his head

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 01 May 2007 14:17

i have every confidence that if SSC buys bramble, and we let wally at him he will become a world class defender within the year

not that i want him or anything....

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 01 May 2007 14:21

brendywendy

i knew a jason treeby, sure he went to reading matches as a boy
off with his head

He used to be a regular contributor on the Royalmail list.

He was the one who passed transcripts of e-mails to TB1 for him to moan about when he resigned.

Also, ISTR, he was on local TV complaining about the MadStad when it first opened - some fatuous problem about not being given a disable parking permit that he wasn't entitled to or something like that.

Skyline

by Skyline » 01 May 2007 14:23

Treeby used to run the AnthonyRougier.com website, and got all arsey when he forgot to renew its registration and it got squatted.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 01 May 2007 14:29

Glenn Roeder is an appalling manager. That is my personal view. The Geordies deserve much better.

Newcastle is a fantastic club with a phenomenal support. They also have excellent players in their ranks but you can see by the way they set their stall out, their shape, their tactics, their motivation, their will to win, their style of play that something is seriously lacking in the managerial department.

Glenn Roeder managed to relegate the strongest line up to ever go down in football history when he slumped down the table with the Ammers.

Newcastle fans should be worried. Roeder could get the current Manchester United line up relegated.....

The sooner the Magpies are rid of their incompetent manager the sooner they can progress. A good boss with their current playing staff could get them back on the fringes of Champions Leage qualification and with a little more investment across their back line could potentially make the top 4. However they are making a mistake with Sidwell because he is simply not a top 4 midfielder. Top 10 he is but top 4 he certainly isn't. Another possible Roeder mistake to come.

You could see when they were warming up what talented, athletic players they have. During the game, you could see the quality and slickness of some of their passing and the excellent control and class the Geordie boys clearly possess. But they don't do anything with their class and that is the managers fault.

They had 3 pacey forwards in Martins, Owen and Dyer from midfield but not once did they get in behind us or stretch our defence or run us ragged........ Why not? What a waste of talented players. Roeder is not using the talents within his squad to maximum effect. Dyer can be such a dangerous player.. Why weren't they playing to his strengths.

Newcastle could be great but with Roeder they will never amount to anything. As a friend of the Geordie fans I advise them to get rid off Roeder ASAP. But don't even think about trying to entice Coppell. Coppell loves it at Reading and Reading is the right type of club for ace scouser. The Geordies job is too pressurising and the Geordie fans expect so much. Coppell doesn't like thousands of people questioning his every move and decision. Coppell needs to be left alone and be allowed to do his job. Newcastle will never be the right club for our top boss.

Sam Allardyce might be a good bet though. His style of play probably won't please the fans but he will take advantage of all the talent within the playing squad.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 01 May 2007 14:41

Treeby was also partial to sending forged emails to Hobnob.

All round; a bit of a twunt.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 01 May 2007 15:04

Jason Treeby was also a scout in Championship Manager 3.

East Stand Royal 500

by East Stand Royal 500 » 01 May 2007 15:09

Top Flight
They had 3 pacey forwards in Martins, Owen and Dyer from midfield but not once did they get in behind us or stretch our defence or run us ragged........ Why not? What a waste of talented players. Roeder is not using the talents within his squad to maximum effect. Dyer can be such a dangerous player.. Why weren't they playing to his strengths.

Where was Dyer last night? I remember his name being read out at the start but it wasn't until my son said after the game that Dyer didn't have a good game that I realised I hadn't seen anything of him. Is he practising for the star role in The Invisible Man?

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 01 May 2007 15:22

East Stand Royal 500
Top Flight

Where was Dyer last night? I remember his name being read out at the start but it wasn't until my son said after the game that Dyer didn't have a good game that I realised I hadn't seen anything of him. Is he practising for the star role in The Invisible Man?

Thats exactly what I mean..... Where was Dyer? What was he doing playing in a deep midfield role. They are not playing to his strengths and the Newcastle fans probably think he is rubbish or not trying hard enough but he is just following orders from his manager.

Martins run us ragged at St James but was completely ineffectual last night. I was expecting so much more from the Newcastle team and they completely dissapointed.

There is no doubt that the problems over there are to do with the management of the playing squad. The end product is worth so much less than the sum of its parts. What a waste....... Thats all I can say about Newcastle. What a shambolic waste.

Garrincha

by Garrincha » 01 May 2007 15:30

They definately missed Mirandinha up front.....!

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 01 May 2007 15:50

My Newcastle supporting mate said they were playing 4-3-3

I was a bit :shock: at that.

With Sibierski and Dyer they had two very good attacking midfielders, and Milner is a good, solid winger.

Martins looked a bit rubbish and they kept putting the ball back to a keeper who didn't want it at his feet.

The Surgeon of Crowthorne

by The Surgeon of Crowthorne » 01 May 2007 16:03

I thought Sibierski was their best player until he went off. Didn't realise that he'd broken his arm, I thought it was just an odd sub at the time. Dyer was completely anonymous, Milner was OK.