Drunken Thoughts on the Team Forum

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Friday's Child

Drunken Thoughts on the Team Forum

by Friday's Child » 07 May 2007 00:46

Team forum or whatever...

To quote Floyd Streete on a subforum, one of HNA's general linguists in his favoured most recent name, looking on GF, just look at Walsall, Swindon, Brentford, Rotherham, et al tonight. Strangely, RFC is in its prime following a 2-0 defeat to Watford.....yes, the Premiership's bottom club. A club that we thought Reading FC, with its will and its might as a club, would surpass with ease.... and how shortsightedly wrongly. though, as a club, so without respectfully given gratitute considering the stay of he Hornets in their one-season stint. Even, with the "long-ball" apparent tactics, and sub-Premiership football (who had the last laugh, eh?)

The shortcomings of our (currently 7th - in MOTDL) club are easy to grasp for the scare-mongers, the pessimistics, and the "I will only be happy when we play against Real Madrid". At the end of the of the first season, the West Hams, Villas, or Newcastles are easy tabloid comparison - the desperation for recognition outside the top league of English football, the underachievers................ or the Wigan, Blackburn, or Fulham or such clubs with a decent argument for top-flight football, but a team of not enough substance, quality, or sheer willingsness to fight........... Can we be glad enough to support a club that lives with us evey day outside football (yes really, "outside football" I mean it..... , as it does inside? A club that we live and breathe every day,,,,,,

I must be honest, I resented the day that football sold its soul to the Corporatist, Premiership (even Gary Lineker said it was a sad day in 1993), top league of football. But I am so honoured that we have taken to it with a degree of rigour, tenacity, and pride, that we will live on (and I include London) in regional grandeur and national bewilderment at the same time. Can we actually be fans of Reading FC, and also the Premiership in its latest vulgarity/transposity at the same time? Well I am happy and sad... and after a few drinks.... positively confused. We have a manager that loves it, yet is confused by its foremost aims in terms of Europeam recognition. Whatever will become, we are still the fastest growing club in Europe, and we will always cease to conform.....

Reading FC in the Premiership is a fantastic and scary move for town/city/metropolis/whatever it is these days....More than any City Status bid, new architectual development, or other such landmark on the horizon..... And..... don't you just f*****n love it..........!

That................................... what I call history.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 07 May 2007 00:51

Have another one on me, you are talking more sense than most do!

Friday's Child

by Friday's Child » 07 May 2007 00:54

How far we come...................... without remorse or egotistical-oversubstantiation,,,,

Cookie

by Cookie » 07 May 2007 01:01

Hic!

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 07 May 2007 01:02

Friday's Child How far we come...................... without remorse or egotistical-oversubstantiation,,,,

I'm going to make a lame joke about how Remorse went on a free and Egotistical-Oversubstantiation left to join Peterborugh or the Posh! :lol: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Billy The Fish

by Billy The Fish » 07 May 2007 01:14

Kitsondinho I'm going to make a lame joke about how Remorse went on a free and Egotistical-Oversubstantiation left to join Peterborugh or the Posh! :lol: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Where he's the best-selling shirt.

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 07 May 2007 01:24

Just you wait until we see the East Stand being built on. That'll hit it home a bit more! :shock:

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1