Kitson and training

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

Kitson and training

by Only one Trevor Morley » 17 Oct 2007 23:46

Brilliant.........

I'm a nightmare to train
DAVE KITSON admits he will infuriate Reading’s new sports scientist Kunle Odetoyinbo with his attitude to training.

The Royals striker is a notoriously bad trainer and Odetoyinbo, who replaced Jon Goodman earlier this season, is finding out first-hand how difficult it is to work with Kitson.

There is no suggestion that the pair are at loggerheads, but Kitson admits he will drive Royals’ new sports scientist to distraction.

Advertisementyour story continues below
The former Cambridge United ace, who is one of only half-a-dozen Reading players not involved in international matches this week, returned to training on Monday after four days off.

And Odetoyinbo was keen to put them through their paces.

But Kitson revealed: “After four days of not doing anything I don’t like to go straight into it.

“Some of the other lads can but I like to build myself back up again, which is why internationals are a bit of a nightmare personally.

“You get into a rhythm and a routine and then it’s disrupted.

“I had got into one for the first time in a long while – and then your sports scientist changes and your work-load changes.

“It can frustrate the hell out of you, but it’s all in the name of progression.

“He has changed a lot and I am one of the most awkward individuals he will meet.

“I don’t like using up too much energy in training. I find it a pointless exercise to use it all up during training.â€

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 18 Oct 2007 00:22

This guy is amazing.

Once again what he says borders the fine line between a good point and outrageous stupidity.

A player who Coppell buys has already done enough and doesn't need to do any more to improve?

Despite what he spouts, (or because of it) you've got to love the guy though. David Kitson, what a bargain, what a bargain! :)

---

A side note.

Probably a stupid question as I remember something about this but did our sports scientist go? Why? I can't help but think that was a bad move, as a lot our success was thanks to great psycho-sciency arty farty stuff wasn't it? Why change?

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 18 Oct 2007 08:59

Can't help but think this is something of a wind up or at the very least extremely tongue in cheek.

International week . half the squad away, EP need a story and Kitson gives 'em this. Top stuff.

Henleyensian

by Henleyensian » 18 Oct 2007 09:16

2 world wars, 1 world cup
---

A side note.

Probably a stupid question as I remember something about this but did our sports scientist go? Why? I can't help but think that was a bad move, as a lot our success was thanks to great psycho-sciency arty farty stuff wasn't it? Why change?

I think Jon Goodman went to set up (or enhance) his own practice. I gree that the team does not seem quite so fit as last season, but that could just be coincidence, as nothing ever stays the same, including form aqnd fitness.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 18 Oct 2007 09:38

The new sports scientist didn;t get on board until ( i think ) mid September.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 18 Oct 2007 09:45

Behindu The new sports scientist didn;t get on board until ( i think ) mid September.

Correct our new sports scientist - Kunle Odetoyinbo - was required by Wolves to work his full notice period so he's only been here for about a month at most.

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 18 Oct 2007 09:52

I can't blame the physio here. From what I've seen Kitson (and other players) seem to look knackered after about 70mins, so I suggest he starts to put a little more effort in on the training ground.

These comments just back up more that the players have now obtained the big time charlie attitude. I bet last year Kitson was giving 100% in training when he was fit.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 18 Oct 2007 09:54

Scarface I can't blame the physio here. From what I've seen Kitson (and other players) seem to look knackered after about 70mins, so I suggest he starts to put a little more effort in on the training ground.

These comments just back up more that the players have now obtained the big time charlie attitude. I bet last year Kitson was giving 100% in training when he was fit.

Kitson always had a relaxed attitude to training, even last year. Coppell commented on that.

But he's the one banging in goals at the moment

If it ain't broke...

sheshnu

by sheshnu » 18 Oct 2007 10:21

Kitson has been in superb form over the last month and the striker is the club’s leading scorer with three goals.

This bit made me :cry:

mathematically_safe
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: keeping wicket for the quakers in my joy division oven gloves

by mathematically_safe » 18 Oct 2007 10:53

sheshnu
Kitson has been in superb form over the last month and the striker is the club’s leading scorer with three goals.

'reading fan makes a negative out of light-hearted fun story' shocker

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 18 Oct 2007 10:59

sheshnu

Which makes him joint 8th in the highest scorers in the Prem - only players with more goals than him are:

Adebayor Arsenal 6
Mwaruwari Portsmouth 6
Anelka Bolton 5
Van Persie Arsenal 5
Fabregas Arsenal 4
Keane Tottenham 4
Torres Liverpool 4

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 18 Oct 2007 11:04

Stranded
sheshnu

Which makes him joint 8th in the highest scorers in the Prem - only players with more goals than him are:

Adebayor Arsenal 6
Mwaruwari Portsmouth 6
Anelka Bolton 5
Van Persie Arsenal 5
Fabregas Arsenal 4
Keane Tottenham 4
Torres Liverpool 4

3 games suspended and his "appearance" at OT doesnt really count.

Not bad for a player that the twats behind me in the North Stand call Dobbin. Twats

sheshnu

by sheshnu » 18 Oct 2007 11:06

Stranded Which makes him joint 8th in the highest scorers in the Prem - only players with more goals than him are:

Adebayor Arsenal 6
Mwaruwari Portsmouth 6
Anelka Bolton 5
Van Persie Arsenal 5
Fabregas Arsenal 4
Keane Tottenham 4
Torres Liverpool 4

I'm sure some of those players have scored more goals in other competitions too...

I was only kidding though, it just looks daft to identify him as the club's leading scorer with only three goals to his name. A pretty pointless stat shoe-horned into an amusing story.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 18 Oct 2007 11:09

I thought Lescott had got 5 this season....

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 18 Oct 2007 11:27

Jon Goodman was self employed and left to set up his own company. i Know the problems the club had in finding a new sports scientist. The guy trying to find one was on the phone 7 hours a day for a good 2 weeks

Fred Sharpe's Nose

by Fred Sharpe's Nose » 18 Oct 2007 11:35

The arrogance that comes out of this article is absolutely flabbergasting. I just hope it's as tongue-in-cheek as most of the posts on this board (Innit?). :wink:

Kitson is a player who has been giving the scientifically impossible 110% recently, it is not to be believed that he will be the next Frank Lampard.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 18 Oct 2007 11:38

Behindu I thought Lescott had got 5 this season....

Not all in the Premiership though....

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 18 Oct 2007 11:42

Don't worry about Kitson getting "only" three goals, for Christ's sake. Worry about no-one else getting more than one.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 18 Oct 2007 12:02

RobRoyal Don't worry about Kitson getting "only" three goals, for Christ's sake. Worry about no-one else getting more than one.

Apart from Hunt.

Briefly.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 18 Oct 2007 12:04

Behindu
RobRoyal Don't worry about Kitson getting "only" three goals, for Christ's sake. Worry about no-one else getting more than one.

Apart from Hunt.

Briefly.

Wasn't his second goal of the season awarded to Rosenior? Should I change what I wrote on the fixtures/results sheet on my partition wall?