what do Reading fans want?

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular
Location: "God is dead"-Nietzsche 1882................."Nietzsche is dead"-God 1900

what do Reading fans want?

by Gus the teenage cow » 03 Jan 2008 14:33

old school-always bang on about their away day trips to Rotherham and Carlisle in the lower divisions, are happy just to be in the division and will not stand for any criticism of the team

teenagers/students/twentysomethings-a bit more discerning in their criticism, slighly more ambitious, critical of transfer policy, demanding of mid table finish at least

blow-ins-majorly critical of almost all club policy, demand instant success now, want huge investment and for the club to be competing for a European place, can't understand why this ambition is not held by all

philosophers/hippies/gurus-believe coppell is the right man to lead the club,trust in his every move, happy with the cavalier style of play, cyncial of the premierships commercial ethos and believe Reading to be a beacon of anti-materialist light in this corrupt underworld

women-very proud of the boys for always trying their best

yuppies/big business types-similar to blow-ins except they reserve the right to criticise blow-ins due to the fact they were at the Simod cup final victory and can rehearse the starting XI, consider themselves to have old school status but don't sing at games and have the best seats

AF1
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Ya got guns, got guns too, what up son, do you wanna battle for cash and see who Sun Tzu?

by AF1 » 03 Jan 2008 14:37

What?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 03 Jan 2008 14:38

I'd like us to spend some money on STRENGTHENING the team, rather than just adding to it, as we seem to have done recently. First and foremost, though, I'd like to see the team putting their heart and soul into EVERY game, heads not going down if we get a goal or two against us - knowing that they've tried their best is the most important thing to me.

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular
Location: "God is dead"-Nietzsche 1882................."Nietzsche is dead"-God 1900

by Gus the teenage cow » 03 Jan 2008 14:41

Royal Lady I'd like us to spend some money on STRENGTHENING the team, rather than just adding to it, as we seem to have done recently. First and foremost, though, I'd like to see the team putting their heart and soul into EVERY game, heads not going down if we get a goal or two against us - knowing that they've tried their best is the most important thing to me.

thank you for proving me right!

now can other people say what category they fall into

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 03 Jan 2008 14:45

I want sweeping idiotic generalisations outlawed from here.

Old Biscuitman

by Old Biscuitman » 03 Jan 2008 14:46

Vision I want sweeping idiotic generalisations outlawed from here.

Agreed. It does get tedious.

royal madrid

by royal madrid » 03 Jan 2008 14:50

Gus, Gus, Gus. No, no, no.

Nezhen

by Nezhen » 03 Jan 2008 14:51

Moderators - please remove this ridiculous thread !

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 03 Jan 2008 14:54

You forgot the other category:

internet keyboard warrior; desperate to see his/her name on a forum and loves all the attention. Thinks that their opinion is worth more than anyone elses and that they are always right. Constantly chooses a single thing to bang on about and intercedes on every thread to get their own pet issue another airing. There is a Latin name for this sort of individual tedious twatius

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

Re: what do Reading fans want?

by weybridgewanderer » 03 Jan 2008 14:55

Gus the teenage cow old school-always bang on about their away day trips to Rotherham and Carlisle in the lower divisions, are happy just to be in the division and will not stand for any criticism of the team

teenagers/students/twentysomethings-a bit more discerning in their criticism, slighly more ambitious, critical of transfer policy, demanding of mid table finish at least

blow-ins-majorly critical of almost all club policy, demand instant success now, want huge investment and for the club to be competing for a European place, can't understand why this ambition is not held by all

philosophers/hippies/gurus-believe coppell is the right man to lead the club,trust in his every move, happy with the cavalier style of play, cyncial of the premierships commercial ethos and believe Reading to be a beacon of anti-materialist light in this corrupt underworld

women-very proud of the boys for always trying their best

yuppies/big business types-similar to blow-ins except they reserve the right to criticise blow-ins due to the fact they were at the Simod cup final victory and can rehearse the starting XI, consider themselves to have old school status but don't sing at games and have the best seats

So our fans have mixed opinions? Just like every club in the country?

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular

by Gus the teenage cow » 03 Jan 2008 14:56

Mr Angry You forgot the other category:

internet keyboard warrior; desperate to see his/her name on a forum and loves all the attention. Thinks that their opinion is worth more than anyone elses and that they are always right. Constantly chooses a single thing to bang on about and intercedes on every thread to get their own pet issue another airing. There is a Latin name for this sort of individual tedious twatius

glad to see at least someone here is self-aware

NWL Royal

by NWL Royal » 03 Jan 2008 15:02

Dear Santa,

I want us to be able.... to stand at football matches and create an atmosphere where the likes of Fulham away and Birmingham away (to an extent) can be every week. :D

Yours Kindly

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 03 Jan 2008 15:03

A bigger cock would be a starting point...

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 03 Jan 2008 15:03

I would like to see that my club is striving for improvement year-on-year, to build on achievements in the previous season.

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 03 Jan 2008 15:04

I want....

Remove Tom Hark
Remove "Number 13! Reading fans everywhere!!!"
Let us stand at the back of the stands
A pub near the stadium.
Some ambition that concerns winning things, rather than just making money.
Better support.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 03 Jan 2008 15:07

My wish is very simple. I just want to see Reading do well. And aren't they doing well at the moment?

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 03 Jan 2008 15:07

A right winger and a centre mid.

Is that too much to ask for?

Does wanting us to sign new players make in any less of a fan?!

:wink:

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 03 Jan 2008 15:10

Seems like the women have got it just about right............as usual. :shock:

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular

by Gus the teenage cow » 03 Jan 2008 15:14

Gordons Cumming Seems like the women have got it just about right............as usual. :shock:

you're just saying that coz u want to ride them

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Jan 2008 15:16

Mr Angry You forgot the other category:

Thanks, that one is me.